Prospect Info: Juuso Parssinen, C, 210th Overall, TPS

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't think he sat 8-10 mins. He has played 13 minutes so far, which is around the same ballpark as the rest of the players with most ice-time.

1+1 after two periods, nice snipe on PP.

Is he going to play this year in Liiga? No camp for him?

He is heading to Camp, but most likely will spent the year with TPS.

Reactions: Kaako Kappo

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I don't think he sat 8-10 mins. He has played 13 minutes so far, which is around the same ballpark as the rest of the players with most ice-time.

1+1 after two periods, nice snipe on PP.

Is he going to play this year in Liiga? No camp for him?
I thought I saw Nurmi and Rodewald, but no Parssinen for a long period of time, but maybe you're right. He played over 1:30 on PK at the end of the period, thought, so let's see how the time on ice breaks out.

edit: Ok his TOI doesn't indicate he was sitting. I guess I just missed him.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I mean, I don't wanna jinx anything, and I know all too painfully well that I also got excited about every other prospect pool we had pretty much, but... I dunno, even with those caveats I still feel like our scouting dept has been hitting pretty great lately. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Milwaukee reinforcements coming soon?
He missed a fair number of games too, right? Leading the team in scoring but only played like 60% of the games?

Turku is doing pretty well but it seems like there is still a fair bit of parity in the Liiga? They always finish (no pun intended!) before we do, so he should be available to come over at some point. Just not... "soon"... more like a question if he can get 2 games or 5 games or 10 games at the end of the season?

This is where it would help extra though if Milwaukee was good enough to have a playoff run. Then these guys could come over and get those extra playoff games too. Having the Milwaukee season end early also limits how much cameo time we can give to these guys. :(

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I’ve watched a few TPS games this year and I really like what I’ve seen from Pärssinen. He dominates with his size and the ability to see the ice and control the play. He’s also improved his shot which was a muffin last year.

For a 7th round pick it is very rare to make it to the NHL but with Pärssinen, I think it could be close.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I’ve watched a few TPS games this year and I really like what I’ve seen from Pärssinen. He dominates with his size and the ability to see the ice and control the play. He’s also improved his shot which was a muffin last year.

For a 7th round pick it is very rare to make it to the NHL but with Pärssinen, I think it could be close.
I only remember thinking he might need to add some more "pace" to his game for the NHL... he seems to be smart and good at shielding the puck, but how is his skating coming along?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I really hope he ends up in North America next season. His improvement over the years in the Liiga has me excited to see what he can do here

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think he will make the jump next year.

He has 21 points in 18 games this year in Liiga, so there should not be anything left to accomplish beyond this year in Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad