Prospect Info: Juuso Parssinen, C, 210th Overall, TPS

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Also would point out that its likely either rare or never been done in nashville for someone to immediately get a shot at 1C in their first nhl game especially when there arent even injuries
David Legwand? Pretty sure he took the first faceoff in his first game at least.

Edit: nope, his second game. Forgot he played a game the year before.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I thought he had maybe his worst game offensively against Tampa. It wasn't awful by any means, but he looked a little indecisive. He is still playing really well when the other team has the puck, wherever that is on the ice. It's strange, to me, he looks really good with the puck in our own zone, but he looks uncomfortable in his actual zone entries and carries through the neutral zone. It's hard to know if what I am seeing is actually happening or if it's just one or two plays that caught my attention more than something else.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I thought he had maybe his worst game offensively against Tampa. It wasn't awful by any means, but he looked a little indecisive. He is still playing really well when the other team has the puck, wherever that is on the ice. It's strange, to me, he looks really good with the puck in our own zone, but he looks uncomfortable in his actual zone entries and carries through the neutral zone. It's hard to know if what I am seeing is actually happening or if it's just one or two plays that caught my attention more than something else.
Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if what you're seeing is correct.

In zone it's easy, protect/possess the puck and try to get it to the net at opportune times.

Through the neutral zone there are a lot of decisions to make at a higher speed than he's used to. Being careful not to skate into a trap, whether to dump and chase or carry the puck in and challenge the defense. If it's a dump in what type of are you using? Crosscorner? Hard rim? Soft near corner? Maybe skip one on net if the goalies been a bit shakey and you know you have someone going hard to the net.

It's not as easy as some are making it out to be when they say he should have made the team out of camp. Luckily though, he's here now and playing well enough to keep his spot while he works a few of the smaller details like transitions out.

Reactions: triggrman

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I want Natey scouting for my Bruins!
Haha, I also told my co-Wolves fans (soccer) that they should sign Jonathan David and Stephen Eustaquio 3 years ago. They'd be filthy rich right now if they listened! :laugh:

We all have hits and misses though. In reality, I probably should have had Jusso ranked even higher than I did!

Still laughing?? ;)

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
As this kid gets used to the speed of the NHL game, he might be a game changer. He's so solid on the puck, and he always seems to find the right pass in the O-zone. He reminds me of Lindros a little bit - skates well enough to use his strength to control the puck and create opportunities. Hopefully he can skate with his head up . . .

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
As this kid gets used to the speed of the NHL game, he might be a game changer. He's so solid on the puck, and he always seems to find the right pass in the O-zone. He reminds me of Lindros a little bit - skates well enough to use his strength to control the puck and create opportunities. Hopefully he can skate with his head up . . .
My son said he looked like Jagr.

Reactions: predhead1

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Haha, I also told my co-Wolves fans (soccer) that they should sign Jonathan David and Stephen Eustaquio 3 years ago. They'd be filthy rich right now if they listened! :laugh:

We all have hits and misses though. In reality, I probably should have had Jusso ranked even higher than I did!

Still laughing?? ;)
I explained that my “laughing” was at the Cartman “screw you guys” comment not your actual assessment of him as a prospect

Deas

Feb 3, 2017
The instant scoring outburst a fluke or is he still impressive?

I watched all of 10 minutes of the previous game and thought he showed good signs on PP2. Small smart details like one touch backhand redirection into the right space.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

I watched all of 10 minutes of the previous game and thought he showed good signs on PP2. Small smart details like one touch backhand redirection into the right space.
I think he still looks like he belongs. I hope the Preds can get him away from Hynes ASAP, however. The line juggling and letting others take draws and things like that aren't really what we need for Parssinen. The guy has the smarts and the tools to be a good center for us, and he's ready to play for us right now. I would like to see him continue to develop in the role he initially excelled in, even through any small cold stretches in production. But I'm not at all confident that the Preds will be able to manage this with all the weirdness going on right now. It's really hard to predict what they might do.
:dunno:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Probably a fluke but I'm still impressed with his overall game. He is certainly more noticeable than a lot of the other forwards that are on the bubble.

Reactions: Deas and Scoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2