Prospect Info: Juuso Parssinen, C, 210th Overall, TPS

Noma

LW is not the right position for him, he's a natural center. A very good two-way guy, excels on the PK as well. He has been used in scoring role in both club team and national team as well but he projects as a third line center in the NHL.

MattiasSnall

May 1, 2018
Steal! Had him ranked between the 3rd to 5th round, he has been good with the national team and will probably play most of the season in Liiga next year, congrats on this robbery!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He looks alot like his dad, not just his appearance but his skating too. Timo would have been a career NHLer had he gotten a fair shake.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Your reaction is both classic Eric Cartman and Classic Habs fan.
“Screw you guys!!” I had him ranked in the 2nd round and the Habs and 30 other teams with scouts, GM’s ect all passed on him multiple times and it’s your fault.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Your reaction is both classic Eric Cartman and Classic Habs fan.
“Screw you guys!!” I had him ranked in the 2nd round and the Habs and 30 other teams with scouts, GM’s ect all passed on home multiple times and it’s your fault.
Why are you being salty? I said screw toy guys jokingly while I came in here to give a little insight of how good I think this kid is.

Go back and check the mocks. I "drafted" Andreas Johnsson very high. 30 GMs passed on him 200 times too. Guess I was stupid for having him ranked that high?

Don't worry about replying. There are plenty of Preds fans here who are polite and welcoming.

I'm pretty sure hes scoffing at the idea that you had the guy 36 but somehow 31 NHL teams had him at least 170 spots lower...

(Not that I dont hope that you are right.. would be amazing)
I hope I'm right too! The best part is the kid has a high compete level so I can't see him being less than at least a very good 3rd liner. I think he's a better center than winger too but he mostly plays wing.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Why are you being salty? I said screw toy guys jokingly while I came in here to give a little insight of how good I think this kid is.

Go back and check the mocks. I "drafted" Andreas Johnsson very high. 30 GMs passed on him 200 times too. Guess I was stupid for having him ranked that high?

Don't worry about replying. There are plenty of Preds fans here who are polite and welcoming.
I got the joke which is why I was laughing

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

played as the 1st line center for TPS tonight and got credit for a shorthanded goal after one of the opposing teams forwards knocked it into his own net.

Reactions: NNCbama

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Draft class last year is really injecting some potential into our prospect pool. Obviously wayyyy too early on everyone, but generally you don't hear anything about 7th rounder's especially in their draft year.

Reactions: NNCbama

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
From Jokke Nevalainen:

Pärssinen is pretty much a lock to be on the (U20) roster, and he could even overtake the younger Räty as the number two center on the team. He was unfit to play in Vierumäki but played well in Imatra as the number three center behind Lundell and Räty. He also saw time on the top power play unit as the net-front guy. He is a strong two-way player who will get a big role on this team. He is clearly outpacing his draft position already. Don’t sleep on him.

jusu11

Jun 27, 2012
Definitely exceeding his draft position already. Looks set to start as the 1st line C in TPS. One to keep an eye on this season.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Parssinen with a 2-point game (1g, 1a) last night in 4-3 loss for TPS. He now has 4 points in 5 games while playing the 3rd most minutes (17:49 per game) among the team's forwards as the 2C.

Not bad for a 19-year-old in men's league.

The goal:

Former NHL'er Lauri Korpikoski with a nice setup for the goal.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->