Value of: Justin Braun

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Unless we have to trade our D prospects I suggest trading our forward depth.

Bracco + 2nd 2019+ a 4th 2021 i would take all day if i was SJ and wanted to trade braun.

If they want a D then it's ransanen + . Just saying i highly doubt they trade their draft picks from this year without seeing what they have. Doesn't seem like a dubas move.
that's fair too, if SJ would take a forward prospect in place of a D prospect I would prefer that, or even a young forward like Brown

Reactions: DoobieDubas

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
It would be something like 1st round pick and one of Leivo, Kapanen, Carrick.

Honestly, whatever team gets Braun will seriously regret it. He is a shell of what he once was and is only getting worse.

I'd probably take Kapanen off that list, otherwise fine with it. Appreciate the honesty regarding his performance

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Unless we have to trade our D prospects I suggest trading our forward depth.

Bracco + 2nd 2019+ a 4th 2021 i would take all day if i was SJ and wanted to trade braun.

If they want a D then it's ransanen + . Just saying i highly doubt they trade their draft picks from this year without seeing what they have. Doesn't seem like a dubas move.
You’d have to include a D prospect. We have enough forwards.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
that's fair too, if SJ would take a forward prospect in place of a D prospect I would prefer that, or even a young forward like Brown

Sharks are probably only going to be interested in forward prospects if they're dynamic players. Standard forward prospects, even those with strong odds of being a solid middle six player are things the Sharks have an abundance of now and moving forward. They need future blue liners for when they inevitably need to move on from Dillon and Braun. Hell, they could use one now to supplant DeMelo because he's the shining example of what an average 3rd pairing/7th d-man looks like when they don't do anything well but don't do anything poorly. lol

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Sharks are probably only going to be interested in forward prospects if they're dynamic players. Standard forward prospects, even those with strong odds of being a solid middle six player are things the Sharks have an abundance of now and moving forward. They need future blue liners for when they inevitably need to move on from Dillon and Braun. Hell, they could use one now to supplant DeMelo because he's the shining example of what an average 3rd pairing/7th d-man looks like when they don't do anything well but don't do anything poorly. lol
well the Durzi/Rasanen tier of D is still on the table from me if that goes with a 2nd rounder, Braun fits the only roster need we have for a couple of prime compete years so we'll figure out a way to re-stock the defense prospect farm

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I get that but he has very little value.
Fair enough. I won't say Liljegren/Sandin "are not available"!! I'm not the GM....i will however say that if either are moved, they probably would be part of a larger package for a younger top level D. I have no issue trading for Braun/Petry/Tanev, i think they all fit our needs...i just wouldn't move one of our top D prospects for them.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fair enough. I won't say Liljegren/Sandin "are not available"!! I'm not the GM....i will however say that if either are moved, they probably would be part of a larger package for a younger top level D. I have no issue trading for Braun/Petry/Tanev, i think they all fit our needs...i just wouldn't move one of our top D prospects for them.
And I get that entirely. The problem is that if it’s a 2nd+prospect there needs to be a good prospect coming back. Otherwise I’d rather a 1st depending on where it is.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
And I get that entirely. The problem is that if it’s a 2nd+prospect there needs to be a good prospect coming back. Otherwise I’d rather a 1st depending on where it is.
I'd easily do a 1st+2nd/Bracco/Rasanen for any of Braun/Tanev/Petry.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Tanev is to risky but for Braun I would. Petry i view is slightly worth less than Braun for trade based on rather not trade to Montreal a 1st +possible 2nd rounder or mid tier prospect.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

You aren't asking for a 2nd and a prospect though, not really, when you ask for Liljegren and a 2nd, or Sandin and a 2nd, what you are really asking for is a 1st and 2nd, because Liljegren and Sandin are the same as asking for a 1st

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If SJS acquire Karlsson, I could see Ottawa taking Braun as part of the package. The only top 4 defenders the Sens would have at that point would be Ceci and Chabot. So adding Braun would make sense.

For the Sens, it'd work out well since Braun has two years left. He could probably be flipped in 2019-20 for some futures after players like Jarod and Wolanin hopefully establish themselves as NHLers.

With that said, I am talking from a perspective of if EK went to SJS, and not necessarily endorsing that as something I'd want to see personally.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
If you lose Rasanen then you're looking for another RHD 3 years from now. Not to say that he's a sure fire top 4 guy, but the goal is to replenish from within once Braun's contract expires.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
That's to much for Braun, Braun is not the guy you sell the farm for
Braun is exactly type we need to stop gap 2 seasons. If could get him for 2nd+mid-tier prospect good luck. The only way they would move him is based on if get Karlsson deal done. Some kind of upgrade they might consider moving him. Leafs most likely will be going into season with what they have. Do not expect a trade right away but maybe possible small trade(s) later on in season.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That's to much for Braun, Braun is not the guy you sell the farm for
That is far from selling the farm. The Leafs 1st will be in the low to high 20's, and the second much higher obviously. Braun is clearly an upgrade, if you can land him without disrupting the roster? Easy move.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If you lose Rasanen then you're looking for another RHD 3 years from now. Not to say that he's a sure fire top 4 guy, but the goal is to replenish from within once Braun's contract expires.
Yes, but both Liljegren and Sandin are ahead of Ras...that's what they are for. We can't expect everything, if SJ needs Ras to make the deal, i pull the trigger.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
That's your idea of selling the farm ?
I think that it's fair value. I just don't want Rasanen going the other way. We have 3 possible top 4 RHD prospects but two of them are not guarantees. I'd prefer to not have to gamble on which one. See: Rask vs. Pogge

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Yes, but both Liljegren and Sandin are ahead of Ras...that's what they are for. We can't expect everything, if SJ needs Ras to make the deal, i pull the trigger.
See above...

Plus Sandin is LH. Did you mean Durzi? I think that he's pretty close in comparison as far as upside to Ras.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
It would have to be at least Sandin plus a 2nd. Rasanen has very little value.
I don't think he'd cost a 1st + a 2nd.

The most that I would offer would be;

Sandin
or
2019 1st
or
2019 2nd + 2020 2nd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad