Value of: Justin Braun

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Is Brain capable of playing meaningful minutes in the top 4? Never watched him too closely.

If he is, I’d be willing to give a 1st/2nd & Leivo/Rosen or something along those lines

Rielly - - - - Braun
Gardener - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
If the Sharks move Braun, it’ll likely be to find a 3rd line center now that Tierney is gone. No point in dealing Braun for picks or prospects when they are in win now mode. Braun still brings them value over Heed on 3rd pair IMO.

Reactions: bukwas

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Is Brain capable of playing meaningful minutes in the top 4? Never watched him too closely.

If he is, I’d be willing to give a 1st/2nd & Leivo/Rosen or something along those lines

Rielly - - - - Braun
Gardener - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

He’s been paired with Vlasic for years now as part of our shutdown pair. He’s regressed some but still a solid defensive defenseman. Tremendous skater.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
He’s been paired with Vlasic for years now as part of our shutdown pair. He’s regressed some but still a solid defensive defenseman. Tremendous skater.
That’s exactly what we need, and pushing Hainsey to the third pairing would make the leafs D a lot more respectable...

2nd, Bracco and Nielsen?

Or

1st & Leivo?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
As a Leaf fan I would be comfortable with a 2nd and a prospect but I suspect the ask would be higher.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
As a Leaf fan I would be comfortable with a 2nd and a prospect but I suspect the ask would be higher.

Eh the ask might be higher, but depending on when the trade is made, and for what reason, that might get it done.

If we resign Karlsson, we might need to trade Braun for cap reasons going into next year, so a 2nd and prospect would be doable, if that prospect is decent.

Right now though our major hole is at 3c, and we might be able to fill that internally, so the ask would probably be higher currently as we don't know yet if we need to trade someone for cap reasons, or to fill the 3c role.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Eh the ask might be higher, but depending on when the trade is made, and for what reason, that might get it done.

If we resign Karlsson, we might need to trade Braun for cap reasons going into next year, so a 2nd and prospect would be doable, if that prospect is decent.

Right now though our major hole is at 3c, and we might be able to fill that internally, so the ask would probably be higher currently as we don't know yet if we need to trade someone for cap reasons, or to fill the 3c role.

Unfortunately we don't really have a spare 3C at this time, although you may be able to flip the asset for such a player.

I would say that most prospects would be available minus Liljegren, Sandin and Grundstrom to go with the 2nd rounder.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Unfortunately we don't really have a spare 3C at this time, although you may be able to flip the asset for such a player.

I would say that most prospects would be available minus Liljegren, Sandin and Grundstrom to go with the 2nd rounder.

No worries, just throwing my 2 cents in. If we need a 3c, sounds like it wont be coming from you guys. However if we need to drop a little salary during the year in preparation for next year, we may be able to figure something, and give you guys a little D boost in the process.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
What would San Jose have to add for Kadri? That would let you run Tavares - Mathews - Nylander down the middle.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If the Sharks move Braun, it’ll likely be to find a 3rd line center now that Tierney is gone. No point in dealing Braun for picks or prospects when they are in win now mode. Braun still brings them value over Heed on 3rd pair IMO.

Braun could be traded, but it will only be to get a 3rd line centre back

They can always trade Braun for something like 1st+Leivo+Carrick and then use the package they just got from Toronto to acquire that #3C.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
They can always trade Braun for something like 1st+Leivo+Carrick and then use the package they just got from Toronto to acquire that #3C.

Braun to Toronto
1st+Leivo+Carrick to Minnesota
Coyle to SJ

?

Minnesota has tons of Centers, but also has their top-4 D set in stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->