Prospect Info: Justin Bailey (2013, 52nd) – '17-18: Rochester #95 (AHL)

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
He always seemed like a boom or bust type of guy to me. He's got a couple seasons yet to develop further and show the Sabres what he can do.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
People see his height and expect a power forward. That's not the way he'll make the NHL if he gets to the show.

I think they'll point him in that direction in ROC. Hopefully, he could add some muscle and keep improving his skating, consistency and physicality. Either way, he's got a good touch and is fast with a decent touch. He'll put up some points in ROC but most importantly, round out his game and learn to use his size to more of an advantage.

I like Bailey, he has a ton of potential with his athleticism.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@kevinoDandC - The strength of opponents took some getting used to for #Amerks rookie Justin Bailey but he's adapting well now.

Amerks' Bailey Hopes To Make Rookie Season Memorable -

The career keepsakes have been saved and tucked away by Justin Bailey, his own modest collection of mementos that evoke memories and mark milestones. He has his first sweater from junior hockey, the No. 95 he wore for the Ontario Hockey League's Kitchener Rangers in 2012-2013. He has the sweater he pulled over his head on the stage at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, not long after the Buffalo Sabres called his named with the 52nd pick of the 2013 NHL draft.

Over the weekend laid claim to an American Hockey League puck with a Portland Pirates logo. The puck became his at 8:31 of the second period on Saturday, when he steered in a puck that came fluttering his way off the stick of linemate Jean Dupuy. It was his first goal as a professional hockey player, and came nine games into the Rochester Americans season.

"It was definitely a relief," Bailey said after practice on Thursday, when the Amerks prepared for their only game of the week, Friday's 7:05 pm ET home game against the Binghamton Senators. "There were probably three of four games where I probably should have scored."

Rest Of The Article - http://www.democratandchronicle.com...-hopes-make-rookie-season-memorable/75097328/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

LaxSabre - Congrats to Justin Bailey on his first multi-goal game of his career.
Unfortunately for him and the Amerks - they lose the game 4-3 in overtime to the Sound Tigers.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nice to see Bailey getting a little press - http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-prospect-Justin-Bailey-making-strides-in-Ro/22421446

"Those first 20 games were an eye opener," Bailey said. "I started off slow, then I started getting chances but I wasn't scoring or wasn't finishing. Over the last stretch since Christmas I've been clicking and I have been fortunate enough to put up some good numbers. It's coming easier for me."

"I've been lucky enough to be from Buffalo and have a chance to work out with some of the pro guys," Bailey said. "I've gotten to know (Matt Ellis), I've gotten to know (Patrick Kaleta), for me to be able to play with them is a bonus. Ellis is a guy that, before Christmas, I went up to him and I said 'I'm getting chances and I'm playing well, I don't want to change anything about my game, but I'm struggling right now.' He gave me a couple of pointers, little things, nothing major, but it's nice to have that support system."

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good to hear. A strong second half would set him up well for a good campaign and a call-up next year, maybe be an NHLer the year after. He's got time.

If he could string together a solid dozen or more games on this stretch, I could see them bring him in for a quick look/reward before the end of the season.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If he could string together a solid dozen or more games on this stretch, I could see them bring him in for a quick look/reward before the end of the season.

He could be a call up after the MCGinn trade when buffalo needs a winger but then is sent down if Fasching is sign in mid March ( he won't be able to go to Rochester)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Consistently on the scoresheet the last few weeks, so a deserved recall here .. now we get to see tomorrow night where he's at in regards to NHL readiness/speed.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I don't mean this as an insult, but he seems on track to be at least a redux of McGinn, if not better. He's probably already better in his own zone....and seems like he's going to bring everything Ginner does right now.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad