Prospect Info: Justin Bailey (2013, 52nd) – '17-18: Rochester #95 (AHL)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
i dont know how bailey can take thst seriously when he sees moulson get top9 minutes.

If Bailey is smart, he'll simply deal with doing what he can back down with the Amerks and allow his own play to stand for itself. It's not fair, but this is real life and dealing with the difference between fair and equitable is one of those lessons he's going to have to learn.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
i dont know how bailey can take thst seriously when he sees moulson get top9 minutes.

I get the frustration but using one of your weakest players as the bar (for prospects) to stay in the NHL is not a smart way to go about developing players. Its about where the organization sees his game, what he needs to work on and where they feel the best place to do the work is. If they feel its best to put him in the AHL to do that work, then so be it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It was his best stint yet. Agreed that he looked good in the first few and trailed off before injury though. Still, once he is back up to speed I would rather see him/Rodrigues up here over Griffith.

He's done that on each of his call ups. He needs to find a way to maintain that initial energy in games 4+ of a call up.

Reactions: Aladyyn

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I get the frustration but using one of your weakest players as the bar (for prospects) to stay in the NHL is not a smart way to go about developing players. Its about where the organization sees his game, what he needs to work on and where they feel the best place to do the work is. If they feel its best to put him in the AHL to do that work, then so be it.

Fair enough, but top9 mins the way housley rolls his line should be enough to develop him.. i would send baptiste down too if hes gonna be jammed up on the 4th

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So what's going on with Bailey in Rochester? Tails comments about there being no update have my spidey sense tingling.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So has it been a week since they said "1 week"? Still wondering what the hell is wrong -- is he another victim of the Sabres groin stretch?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So has his recent run (5-3-8 in 7 games) been noteworthy in turning his season around or is he still firmly on the "fading suspect" side of the ledger? I've noticed his shot volume is up, is he getting to the net or is this perimeter work?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So has his recent run (5-3-8 in 7 games) been noteworthy in turning his season around or is he still firmly on the "fading suspect" side of the ledger? I've noticed his shot volume is up, is he getting to the net or is this perimeter work?
His speed could be benefical this year. It seemed that in the past he would fly into the zone retrieve the puck and everyone else was just hitting center ice.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad