Player Discussion jussi jokinen thread: just jokinen

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Unless you plan to waive him and perhaps send him down to the Comets, you don't acquire Jokinen to sit him out for the rest of the season. Did anyone expect Jokinen to get zero games even though he might have been a useless throwin?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Unless you plan to waive him and perhaps send him down to the Comets, you don't acquire Jokinen to sit him out for the rest of the season. Did anyone expect Jokinen to get zero games even though he might have been a useless throwin?

yes I did, well no not with this goofy management actually I guess. He has been through 4 teams this season. He was on waivers for assignment to the AHL. He was nothing more than a cap dump the Canucks were forced to take to complete the trade. He is completely done.

The last 17 games should be auditions for young players to make decisions for next season. Nothing else matters. Green is way to carried away with his sending a message to young players especially when veterans like Granlund, Sutter, Eriksson never come out no matter how poor they are, not exactly rare occurences either.

Reactions: pomorick

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
So you think they thought he'd actually improve the on ice product?

yikes lmao

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
You already know Jussi will get prime time playing with the Sedins and Goldobin will be demoted to the 4th line

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Goldobin is not good enough offensively that you just live with lackluster play away from the puck.

Reactions: Nomobo

2011 still hurts

Feb 10, 2016
Goldobin is not good enough offensively that you just live with lackluster play away from the puck.
17 games left and we're all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, why the hell would you not play a younger player over a 35 year old vet?

I'd give Goldy and Virt top 6 minutes for the rest of the year

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
17 games left and we're all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, why the hell would you not play a younger player over a 35 year old vet?

I'd give Goldy and Virt top 6 minutes for the rest of the year
He will get plenty of playing time.

You don't just play guys who don't want to work away from the puck. It does a disservice to them and the team in the long run.

Competition next year for spots gets even tougher with Pettersson Dahlen Lind and Gaudette around. I think Green is actually doing him a favor if he can figure this out and/or it doesn't become a pissing match.

2011 still hurts

Feb 10, 2016
He will get plenty of playing time.

You don't just play guys who don't want to work away from the puck. It does a disservice to them and the team in the long run.

Competition next year for spots gets even tougher with Pettersson Dahlen Lind and Gaudette around. I think Green is actually doing him a favor if he can figure this out and/or it doesn't become a pissing match.
I'm not talking about next season, the comments made on this page are in regards to unironically playing jokinen over him

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
The fact Jokinen is playing says a lot, about a lot of things right now with this organization.

it says nothing. they just lost two veterans to season ending injuries. it doesn't move the dial an inch that jokinen draws in.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I would rather see Reid Boucher over Jussi waiver-wire Jokinen

i'd rather leave him in utica where the comets are in a playoff race and he is their leading scorer and they are dressing a ragtag fleet of ptos to stay afloat. i think it is more valuable to have boucher help create a good platform for our other younger ahl prospects to compete and develop than to dress him in garbage time games up here.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The fact Jokinen is playing says a lot, about a lot of things right now with this organization.

Completely.

Bad enough they had to take back a cap dump to get Tyler Motte lol. But there is no way that 34 year old cap dump who was on waivers should ever see the ice.

Reactions: pomorick

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Couldn't the Canucks send him down to Utica and play him as one of the centres they need?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yes. Absolutely. He's a completely finished piece of junk who will be in Europe next year and has a 0% chance of ever doing anything meaningful for the organization. He's only here because Columbus wanted rid of him and forced us to take his contract.

He should have been immediately waived and sent to Utica to help out there. And literally *anybody* who has even a remote chance of playing here next year - even a Boucher or a Chaput - should be getting this game time right now. Like, I'm no huge fan of Nick Dowd, but he's a guy who a decision has to be made on for next year and we should get as much free information on as possible. Why is he being scratched for a guy like Jokinen?

There is ZERO excuse for anything else happening and this speaks - yet again - to the total lack of any sort of plan with this organization.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Looking forward to Jokinen getting us the W in the shootout a few times to close out the season, tanking our lottery odds.

Can Jokinen even play in Utica? There are all those post-deadline AHL roster rules...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Looking forward to Jokinen getting us the W in the shootout a few times to close out the season, tanking our lottery odds.

Can Jokinen even play in Utica? There are all those post-deadline AHL roster rules...

He should have been papered immediately but wasn't. So no, he can't.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

How many shootouts have we even had this year?

And how many shootouts has he been in since 2011 or so?

This seems like a dated reference brother. :p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad