Player Discussion jussi jokinen thread: just jokinen

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Wasnt he the guy who was good at shootouts or was that some other guy

It was he. Jokinen has had a pretty good NHL career given his streakiness and inconsistency.

I wonder what his 3 team no trade list is. Must be very important for him not to go there.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wait...is he actually going to see games for us?

If so, I’m honestly embarrassed.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Wait...is he actually going to see games for us?

If so, I’m honestly embarrassed.
If he's retiring after this season, I could see them giving him a one game send off out of respect...

If not, he better not get one game, taking time away from a young player getting a shot. If Eriksson, Gagner, or any other vet sits for him, fine, but if he takes away playing time from a young guy or a guy busting his ass to stay up such as Archibald, that's ridiculous, imo. (though with Green, I kind of think he'd sit a younger guy rather than a vet to accommodate him, so....)

The guy is clearly finished at the NHL level.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
their team is based in ohio, seems prudent tbh

if i were an owner i’d be more comfortable throwing out cash for advantageous moves if i knew my gm was trying to save money where he could

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Didn't Benning say he was the hockey deal part of the trade? WTF is going on here?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Reactions: Nomobo

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Didn't Benning say he was the hockey deal part of the trade? WTF is going on here?

what is the definition of a hockey trade? i think it means a roster player for player swap intended to help the active roster, and not driven by cap but i am really not sure exactly.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Sure, but then it has nothing to do with the cap, you are just taking advantage of a supreme doofus to save some cash.

wasn't cbj the only trade partner?

maybe jarmo was trying to stop torts playing him in favour of younger guys and they didn't want him in cleveland either.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
what is the definition of a hockey trade? i think it means a roster player for player swap intended to help the active roster, and not driven by cap but i am really not sure exactly.

That's my understanding of it as well. Why did Benning even say what he said if there was never any intention of him dressing?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
That's my understanding of it as well. Why did Benning even say what he said if there was never any intention of him dressing?

i think he is practising with the team and green might put him in.

by that definition the whole trade was a hockey trade i guess. maybe the alternative to taking jokinen was that we pay a late draft pick? that would have been fun to discuss.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
good article. thanks. i guess he is useful to sub in so green can hold guys accountable. he might also be helpful if a certain finnish player arrives here late in the season.

Yeah, he can hang out with Salo if he decides to come out of retirement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad