Player Discussion jussi jokinen thread: just jokinen

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I can't remember another Canuck whose tenure with the team (and NHL career) was so obviously over before he even played a shift here.

Should be in Utica and not taking icetime away from players that actually might be here next year.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
No, no, you need someone who has basically washed out of the NHL to have some valuable teaching lessons for our young players. Now that we don't have Dorsett and Eriksson in the lineup it takes a special player to pick up the slack.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wasnt he the guy who was good at shootouts or was that some other guy

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
I remember in 2013 when it looked like he was a decent pickup for Pittsburgh but made the team slow AF. 5 years later he's probably lost even more in his stride and has negligible production so really not expecting to salvage anything here.

Can we buy him out? Think he should just retire soon, not a 35 year old player that should see much use in todays NHL.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I remember in 2013 when it looked like he was a decent pickup for Pittsburgh but made the team slow AF. 5 years later he's probably lost even more in his stride and has negligible production so really not expecting to salvage anything here.

Can we buy him out? Think he should just retire soon, not a 35 year old player than should see much use in todays NHL.

He'll be on our roster for another 17 games (for no apparent reason), then his contract expires, and then he'll be off to the KHL or SM-Liiga.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sure he'll top Brad Smith's career as a Canuck. Highlight being scoring two goals against Moscow Dynamo in a Canuck 6-2 victory....

This is terrific - I haven't seen it before. Thanks for posting.

Crazy seeing Vaive and Derlago skating in a Canuck jersey for the first time.

Also a treat to hear Robson - gets every Russian name right and sounds like he's been calling their games for years, even though he probably got a roster list to memorize a day or two prior. What a pro.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
This is terrific - I haven't seen it before. Thanks for posting.

Crazy seeing Vaive and Derlago skating in a Canuck jersey for the first time.
Yeah I believe the Moscow Dynamo goalie was the same guy in net that faced Team USA for the gold medal game in 1980 (not that long afterward).

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
He'll be on our roster for another 17 games (for no apparent reason), then his contract expires, and then he'll be off to the KHL or SM-Liiga.
oh kk, for some reason I thought I saw he had another year. Just a veteran cap dump that won't do anything for us; as inconsequential as a player can get.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
oh kk, for some reason I thought I saw he had another year. Just a veteran cap dump that won't do anything for us; as inconsequential as a player can get.

He is not even a cap dump really. He makes 1M and CBJ easily had enough room.

I have no idea how we ended up with this player.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So lots a posts here so did he play last game? I dont really watch the games too much anymore since the Benning extension so not so sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad