Player Discussion jussi jokinen thread: just jokinen

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Jokinnen???????????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH.....GASP......HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
giphy.gif

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Why are the benchings only limited to Goldobin? That part is funny to me, after I look at this roster.
i think it's fair to say that Hutton Goldobin and Virtanen are getting tough love not only because of their inconsistencies but because as Green said earlier he wants players he can win with.

His future depends on these guys not Eriksson Sedins Edler etc.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
i think it's fair to say that Hutton Goldobin and Virtanen are getting tough love not only because of their inconsistencies but because as Green said earlier he wants players he can win with.

My complaints are less with Green then the crap he has been saddled with but......until he benches Eriksson, Gudbranson, even Edler and the twins for crappy play he shares some of the blame.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

Virtanen is getting "tough love"?? Do tell.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
who was the guy who wanted to give up on the sedins and replace them with olli jokinen around 2009?

i feel like benning is dancing on his grave rn

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

What about Leipsic? What about Pouliot? Does he think his buds from junior are already players he can win with or has he written them off?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
What about Leipsic? What about Pouliot? Does he think his buds from junior are already players he can win with or has he written them off?
Leipsic has 6pts in 5 games??

Pouliot had his icetime drastically reduced and was scratched during his slumber?

and @Zippgunn what are you questioning with Virtanen? it's pretty self explanitory if you've followed the season

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Leipsic has been a defensive liability, but I actually don't mind him getting the minutes he's getting. What I mind is the double standard that Goldobin has once had as much ice time as Leipsic has had in his lowest TOI game. Leipsic got more ice time without proving anything than Goldobin has, and I think it's not a huge mystery why. I just want everyone to be held to the same standard. Boeser being scratched for his first two games isn't a huge deal, but again Leipsic comes right in and gets his top 6 high TOI spot.

Pouliot had his icetime drastically reduced and was scratched during his slumber?

lol

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Green probably does think he can win with them. If they helped you win in juniors, it takes a bit to convince you that they can't help you win at the NHL level when you believe in them.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Gentlemen. Look at past history since Benning came on board. Your argument with each other has a simpler answer. Any new piece acquired by Benning automatically gets a regular shift and often PP time no matter what for a lot of games. Once the guy finally proves he just sucks his ice goes way down and he gets some scratches. Eventually he is moved on or sent to the AHL. Some sooner than others but there is a definite pattern.

I see Motte already got scratched for the first time after impressing some with speed, but the rest have recognized he hasn't got much else. Chicago and Columbus already figured that out.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Green probably does think he can win with them. If they helped you win in juniors, it takes a bit to convince you that they can't help you win at the NHL level when you believe in them.

I understand that. Coaches have a "show me" attitude towards prospects, which is mostly fine, but if they had the player in junior or in the AHL they act like they've already shown them. The NHL is a pretty major step up though and it's concerning if coaches somehow don't realize that. Every single player on our team had good years at levels below the NHL and showed whoever their coach was.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I understand that. Coaches have a "show me" attitude towards prospects, which is mostly fine, but if they had the player in junior or in the AHL they act like they've already shown them. The NHL is a pretty major step up though and it's concerning if coaches somehow don't realize that. Every single player on our team had good years at levels below the NHL and showed whoever their coach was.

I agree. And most GM's downfall is that they fall in love with the players they drafted or acquired and coaches tend to play players they trust regardless of recent performance.

I liken CHL coaches to amateur scouts. I think they can have long memories where their perception of the player is based on their own projection of the player or past history. Take Baertschi and Leipsic. If you are Green, you saw first hand what those two did at the junior level. And what they did afterwards hasn't exactly changed your mind in terms of their potential.

With that said, it doesn't mean coaches give long leashes. At the end of the day, their job is on the line and they need to put out the team they feel gives the team the best chance to win.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I agree. And most GM's downfall is that they fall in love with the players they drafted or acquired and coaches tend to play players they trust regardless of recent performance.

I liken CHL coaches to amateur scouts. I think they can have long memories where their perception of the player is based on their own projection of the player or past history. Take Baertschi and Leipsic. If you are Green, you saw first hand what those two did at the junior level. And what they did afterwards hasn't exactly changed your mind in terms of their potential.

With that said, it doesn't mean coaches give long leashes. At the end of the day, their job is on the line and they need to put out the team they feel gives the team the best chance to win.
Unless management explains that their job is to develop talent and no one expects wins just progress.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Even good coaches fall victim to this as well. What the hell does AV see in Tanner Glass?

I actually think the NHL is full of people doing jobs they shouldn't do, and coaches seem to take on a scouting role and I don't think they should. I think coaches can be too close to the team and I think pro scouts and player development personnel should be making a lot of decisions regarding the roster, while coaches just execute those decisions and manage the bench/locker room.

When Willie sees something in Linden Vey and feeds him prime ice time including PP time for half a season, I'm not sure he should really be making any roster decisions whatsoever.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

and @Zippgunn what are you questioning with Virtanen? it's pretty self explanitory if you've followed the season

I'm saying that Virtanen has been coddled almost to death by this team and is STILL not turning into much of anything three years in. Yet he seems bench-proof...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad