Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Buenas noches a todos

I read this forum since at least 5 years and damm you guys make me addict. I never thought i will create an account but honestly today this kid make me feel something different.

I am from the 80's , french canadian and hockey means something special for me. On partait de la rue st-denis pis on montait dans le nord while listening la soirée du hockey ford a la radio. When finally arrive au chalet, i was running to move the anten to grab my dad and have a real moment between mens. For those who know that era. Life was different and those couch had there own smell/memories with a bunch off dust. Dam i miss those days. It was something different.

But let me tell you this brother ,sister and transformer , in all my life between different era ............

I never saw a player like Slaf!
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This kid is very special , un dieux du stade. A mix of john leclair with the balls of line Odelin and the heart of carbonneau. This guy have something to prove in life because he is a f***ing gladiador. Maximussssssss.

Give him 5 years and he bring back the Stanley Cup in montreal baby!!!

**I am drunk hasta el culo but it was a pleasure to put my grain of salt.
That my friend was an exceptional take! Kudos!!!!

Reactions: Pomee

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The sky is the limit for Slaf, as long as our dev team continues to have stuff to teach him. Probably one of our most driven players to improve. He learned how to play without the puck, now he's learning to play with the puck, the shooting is getting better, next step is becoming the man, driving the play, finding the best plays and making others better.
Those last parts will be the difference between 60-70 pts and PPG+
Progression:

First 15 games 1g 1a 2pts
Next 14 games 1g 4a 5pts
Next 13 games 2g 6a 8pts
Latest 11 games 7g 5a 12 pts

If we total and average the last 24 games, that is 9-11-20 equals 31g-37a-68 pts in 82 game pace (EDITED up to 02-13-2024 game)

Given Slaf's demonstrated drive to improve, it would not be hard to project a 70-80 point player in another 2-3 years, especially if there is another good line to take defensive focus off his line uniquely.

And if our D matures and improves to where we have 52-53% possession time instead of 43%, add another 10-15% to everyone's point totals, not just Slaf's.

Last edited:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Something I would like Slaf to work on next year is being able to slow the game down. So far he hasn’t shown that ability, he usually is making quick plays off the rush and cycle.

That said, I’m super super happy with the way he has developed
I would argue he's started to show that in the fall and it's what got him moved up the lineup 5-on-5. He's got work to do along the boards, but out in the middle of the ice, he's shown he can see a couple of moves ahead and how to move the puck when he's the outlet play or when he's in the offensive zone.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Progression:

Next 14 games 1g 4a 5pts
Next 13 games 2g 6a 8pts
Latest 9 games 6g 2a 8 pts

If we total and average the last 22 games, that is 8-8-16 equals 30g-30a-60pts in 82 game pace

Given Slaf's demonstrated drive to improve, it would not be hard to project a 70-80 point player in another 2-3 years, especially if there is another good line to take defensive focus off his line uniquely.

And if our D matures and improves to where we have 52-53% possession time instead of 43%, add another 10-15% to everyone's point totals, not just Slaf's.
The fact that some posters here think Slaf won't be more than 60 pts players when he's been on that pace over the last 22 games is something. He's not going to plateau half-way his D+1...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Progression:

Next 14 games 1g 4a 5pts
Next 13 games 2g 6a 8pts
Latest 9 games 6g 2a 8 pts

If we total and average the last 22 games, that is 8-8-16 equals 30g-30a-60pts in 82 game pace

All I wanted from him, for THIS year
Was 15 goals and 35 points
And even then there was a bit of fear that he may still be a little too young and raw

Those fears are gone, and after an admittedly slow start, on pace for my markers (but I'm already happy enough with what I see anyway lol)

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
The fact that some posters here think Slaf won't be more than 60 pts players when he's been on that pace over the last 22 games is something. He's not going to plateau half-way his D+1...
He’s starting to show signs that he might be a 60+ player but are his last couple of games just a flash in the pan?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Something I would like Slaf to work on next year is being able to slow the game down. So far he hasn’t shown that ability, he usually is making quick plays off the rush and cycle.

I'd like for him to attack the middle more often on his carries.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I love how specific these desires are getting

I just want Slaf to look good
to
I just want him to get points
to
I just want him to shoot more
to
I just want him to slow the game down
to
I just want him to get a hat trick on Wednesdays when there’s a waning gibbous moon

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Spot on. And, I'd argue that this is exactly what we'll see happen over the next 2-4yrs, and why the ceiling he has is really, REALLY, high.

What he's able to do, at 19, because of his unique size/skill/drive package is impressive.

The positive outcome growth in his game the past year has largely been from Slaf shifting from hesitation to assertiveness as all the changes to his game the team has been working on with him started to integrate.

As they become cemented, I think we'll see the game start to slow down for him & he'll be more and more intentional vs reactive in how he attacks & creates space and what he does with it

If he does, the level up in outcomes we'll see will be as, or more, impressive than this season... Ppg+ & dominant in puck possession & transition... About as elite as a player can get.

Future is bright 😎

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Buenas noches a todos

I read this forum since at least 5 years and damm you guys make me addict. I never thought i will create an account but honestly today this kid make me feel something different.

I am from the 80's , french canadian and hockey means something special for me. On partait de la rue st-denis pis on montait dans le nord while listening la soirée du hockey ford a la radio. When finally arrive au chalet, i was running to move the anten to grab my dad and have a real moment between mens. For those who know that era. Life was different and those couch had there own smell/memories with a bunch off dust. Dam i miss those days. It was something different.

But let me tell you this brother ,sister and transformer , in all my life between different era ............

I never saw a player like Slaf!
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This kid is very special , un dieux du stade. A mix of john leclair with the balls of line Odelin and the heart of carbonneau. This guy have something to prove in life because he is a f***ing gladiador. Maximussssssss.

Give him 5 years and he bring back the Stanley Cup in montreal baby!!!

**I am drunk hasta el culo but it was a pleasure to put my grain of salt.
70s here... welcome aboard.. best place to be for Habs, game days, off days, prospects etc... without Hfboards - I'd have stopped following long ago... lol

patience... the guy is obviously an A+ student.. he's still gotta be amped on each play... another year and he will settle his play even more.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
And even then there was a bit of fear that he may still be a little too young and raw

Those fears are gone, and after an admittedly slow start, on pace for my markers (but I'm already happy enough with what I see anyway lol)
Ya getting a 20-20 would exceed my expectations, considering he was as lost as last season to begin the season AFTER that game with Dach.

His progression from end of November to now is the best progression I’ve seen since Subban in the OHL. Two sponges getting filled up with that juice.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I mean, he’s still out there on twitter calling Slaf a turd with no high end ability and that he isn’t a building block, so nothing has changed really.
Makes you wonder what is going on in a persons mind when they keep doubling down on a bad take. What is so hard about saying yeah I guess I was wrong. I don't get it.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Makes you wonder what is going on in a persons mind when they keep doubling down on a bad take. What is so hard about saying yeah I guess I was wrong. I don't get it.
Im the first to admit I wanted Wright then Nemec.. though I was never anti-slaf, the last time i was in this position (totally wrong) was when the habs picked Carey #5 ahead of my guy: the infamous Mr. Gilbert Brulé... yeah I even liked Anze Kopitar at #7, but not #5... lol

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Kid's currently on pace for 16 goals and 38 pts.

And if he continues on this pace he's been on lately, then I could see him get to 20+ goals and 45+ pts.

He has 16 pts (8G, 8A) in his last 21 GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad