Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qdp
  • admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
    The nostalgia of the honeymoon is definitely over for me in regards to the new management...

I really really like Hughes' approach still and am okay with St Louis as a coach.

But I am extremely disappointed at Gorton's nepotism styled management. He really sold him self well for me at the start whit his message, but the underlings he brought in are absolute dumbwits...

At least they kind of modernized the organization with a proper analytics department and development coaches.

On the other hand, how can you claim to work on a rebuild if the root of this effort, the scouting, is absolutely deficient?

All in all, sorry for the hot take, but we are very close to a state where we are wasting our rebuild time with this current management. Of course we have solid pieces, like our most likely monstrous blue line. But I am worried we are not gearing up for a perennial top tier team, as we should have.

Poor Slaf is a reflection of this... I think that not all hope is lost, but he needs to cook in the AHL, right f***ing now. If it works, then I will eat my words. A 60 point monster forward can indeed more valuable than a small 70 point center... Lots of ifs though at this point....
    His scouting is deficient on the basis that Slaf isn’t producing at whatever clip you wanted him to 50 games into his nhl career?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Pomee and 417
    Flaming
  • leVENTduNORD

Nov 12, 2023
    (Mod) yes you did
    Here is where I mentionned College in my previous post : L, or 2nd - 3rd division league somewhere in Europe that would be more or less the same calibre as the US College or JR ?

It's obvious to any smart poster I am talking about Slaf going in league that are similar in caliber as the US Colleges, and not talking about Slaf going IN US Colleges.

(mod)

Nope
  • Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
    Dec 10, 2011
    Citizen of the world
    @cave troll @Mrb1p

You guys still higher on Roy than Slafkovsky ? 😂😂😂
    What a weird time to make this post. 6 games to 1 point for the big oaf.

In reality I think both are likely to be 4th forwards, I don't like one more than the other, I just think Roy has more to work with to be a first liner, though both are unlikely.

(Mod)

Talking about posters
  • SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
    (Mod)

He's played the same amount of games this year, as he did last.

He only has 4 more points.

Yet it feels totally different.

I know some folks can’t separate production from development, but he's shown a ton of progress.

I can’t wait to see what the next 40+ games look like.
    He’s been on the first line for 14 games and he has 7 points. It’s a 40/45 points pace which is pretty good progression taking in consideration only 2 forwards will score 60 points + on the team this year and a bad PP.

Qdp
  • BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
    Nova Scotia
    Visit site
    Blocked shots are a thing. The issue I have with our forwards doing it is they leave far too much gap which WILL cause injuries.
    I hate our defensive structure when everyone caves towards our net.
    Watch a vintage Carbonneau blocked shot and he is NEVER that far away from the shooter.
    Do we even have a defensive structure? Man to man and they are running around like idiots at times, and then the famous collapse down like you mentioned, and it looks like we are killing a penalty.....................just awful in our own end most nights.
    They are way too passive on the guy with the puck.............both 5 on 5 and the PK.
    And we know our PK isn't working because of the stats which are the raw data that no one in the coaching staff bothers to check?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad