Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Don't think anybody expected this kind of development so quickly after looking mediocre at best early. What's more impressive is that his play has been just as good if not better than his production. I'll gladly eat crow along with many others here since despite not writing him off, his start was disappointing. Of course this has to keep up in the future, but why would it not, he's 19 and doing everything right on top of producing.

Hey.

Dont you remember...

Parabolic, exponential growth

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I was one who didn't see the scoring coming, especially this quick. His playing with 14-22 helps, but he's making things happen all on his own. He's a BEAST on pucks right now, specifically recovering anything loose on the PP. His passing is sneaky, sneaky good, and he's starting to shoot more and it's obviously going in.

Night and day from the beginning of this season. It's been incredible to watch.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After his 3 points tonight, Slaf is on pace for 42 pts (17G, 25A) on the season.

I said in a post yesterday or the day before that if he continues on this pace, he will have 20+ goals and 45+ points. If he stays healthy, he still has 29 games to hit those stats.

I'll refrain myself from saying he can hit 50 points because he will have games where he won't produce.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Thank god we didn't draft Shane Wright.
I truly believe he couldnt handle the pressure here and its a key reason why management didnt take him. Even if you believe Wright is the better player, if he can't handle the pressure than he'd never reach that potential.

Look at the slump Slaf had back in the fall, remember all the posts on here about him and pressure building on him. Slaf made it through it, I doubt Wright could have. Just look at his reaction to slipping in the draft and that appearent stare down at the Habs table.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I truly believe he couldnt handle the pressure here and its a key reason why management didnt take him. Even if you believe Wright is the better player, if he can't handle the pressure than he'd never reach that potential.

Look at the slump Slaf had back in the fall, remember all the posts on here about him and pressure building on him. Slaf made it through it, I doubt Wright could have. Just look at his reaction to slipping in the draft and that appearent stare down at the Habs table.

Imagine still believing Wright is the better player.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd like for him to attack the middle more often on his carries.
Yeah, you probably didn't like his rush tonight that ended in Suzuki's first goal. Slaf drove to the perimeter and was lucky we scored.

Then on Suzi's second goal, Slaf should have shot to the goalie's middle instead of deferring to the captain..

Im the first to admit I wanted Wright then Nemec.. though I was never anti-slaf, the last time i was in this position (totally wrong) was when the habs picked Carey #5 ahead of my guy: the infamous Mr. Gilbert Brulé... yeah I even liked Anze Kopitar at #7, but not #5... lol
Despite all the hyperbole over Slaf's acceptable play, Wright still has a considerably better ppg ratio.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He's starting to make me feel real stupid for doubting the pick and their way of handling his development and it makes me happy, all I ever wanted was to be wrong about this kid.
I don't think you should feel stupid. I don't. It's not as if he was really great last year and we thought he sucked.

He looked really, really, really bad last season.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The rate of improvement is what’s really exciting about this player. I mean he’s just so much better than the start of the year. And he’s accelerating in his development seemingly game by game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad