Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
This is prime development time and I do not think Slafkovsky the Project can develop in the NHL. The game is too intense for him.

And if he manages to survive the game, he certainly has much to do to thrive and become a dominant playmaker.

At this time it seems clear to me he is not on that track but he has all the tools and the personality to be such a player.

The many many many comparisons and names brought up alongside Slafkovsky have not helped the discussion. Namely most of those prospects you named had superior pedigrees. I’m not permitted to mention his D year league performance so I’d like it if others refrained from comparing Jack Hughes to Slafkovsky.

Rantanen, Jagr, Drai, Backes, Wheeler, etc. are also irritating comparisons because nobody can define Slafkovsky’s game! Even his pumpers can’t say what he plays like. He’s that raw.

Scrutiny will be intense and ever more as Nemec, Cooley, etc. step into the NHL. If he can’t handle it, that’s too bad — the Habs should’ve never drafted him and rushed him.

If you’re referring to the fans and our inter-fan squabbling, I don’t think it matters at all.

Let’s hope he earns a spot in the NHL this year with his play, unlike last year where he clearly didn’t.
39 games LMAO....your posts are more brutal with every take.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He should definitely start in the nhl. If he has a long period of poor play, then thats when you consider sending him down to the ahl.
I feel like this is the best answer.

Like I said earlier he should be on a short-ish leash but not too taut.

I think what’s getting lost in this is that they want to boost his confidence by saying publicly he’s not going to be sent down.

When I think about it that way it’s pretty smart ONLY if they do have a plan to send him down if the need arises. I’m sure they will if need be but don’t want to announce it. It would be nice for fan appeasement but it could just be more important to Slaf that he has they’re confidence

This kid is always so happy lol

Like f*** that guy’s ceiling is 50-60

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
NHL at the beginning. If after 1 month, he is bad, not producing, slow, not physical. We could send him down. I mean, last year he would have benefit to play in the AHL. Now he needs to show he made some progress

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If you want to ruin his confidence (like the previous org has done with KK), send him to AHL. For me, KK and Slaf are quite similar mental wise. Their hockey background is pretty much the same. Drafted too early in the 1st round and Promoted way too early at NHL level. They have-had so much to learn.
There is nothing in common between Slaf and KK. Bar none. And thats where we are fooling ourselves. Evaluating Slafkovsky through the lens of our Galchenyuk/KK trauma.

They are two totally different person with different personality. Their hockey background is nothing alike. One was coached by his dad, the others fled home at 14yo. They have two different skillset.

Its not even the same organisation that drafted them as it has been revamped top to bottom.

It is true that KK has been overdrafted tho, he would have been a terrific pick maybe 2-4 spots later. Still, despite being misevaluated, misused and mishandled, he just had 43 points, play a good two way game and is physical. He is growing into his potential after all and going for his ceiling.

So yeah, doubt we are ruining Slaf.

Reactions: cphabs and SlafySZN

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I can't wait for him to be able to grow a mean beard like Brent Burns an be intimidating.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Another point i would like to make.

''Slaf is not a true 1st overall, it was a weak draft.''

I would not trade Slaf for many player on this list let me tell you.

I would take Slafkovksy well above all of those players excepted Svechnikov, Stutzle, Dahlin, Hughes and MAYBEEE Beniers.
Holy crap. Homerism at its best. I'd take Beniers and Power (especially) way before Slaf.

Reactions: Rapala

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
He should be in the AHL until he proves he belongs to the NHL.

No timeline. No cuddling him because of his draft position. You graduate when you deserve it, not a minute before.

This is the right thing for him and for the team.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
He should be in the AHL until he proves he belongs to the NHL.

No timeline. No cuddling him because of his draft position. You graduate when you deserve it, not a minute before.

This is the right thing for him and for the team.
Organization decided to graduate him last season, so the ceremony's long gone & done Young chicken.

I would prefer to see Slaf in the NHL this season, as that would mean the player is gradually improving and the organization made the right choice. However, if he doesn't look comfortable on the first three lines, dilemma time.

Reactions: cphabs

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Start A come up in a few weeks. Give auditions to the guys who are outplaying Slaf in camp.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I want him to be playing well enough that it's obvious he should stay in the NHL...

I think he'll start the season in Montreal, but if he isn't playing well enough to earn regular top 9 minutes & 2nd wave PP time, then he'll go to Laval for a stint.

Reactions: Goldthorpe

hockeyguy2022

Mar 3, 2023
Hughes and St Louis need to admit they made a mistake, lick their wounds, and send this guy to the AHL. Unless he dominates the AHL , he doesn't belong in the NHL. Full stop.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Same as last year. Junior.
Where he’s lucky to get a .5 ppg.

No draft 1st period. Let alone a 1OA. If he hits 10 pts in his career we’ll be lucky.

1st puck touch he flips the puck with one hand to send Dach on a breakaway. Scores a goal then has a shift where he protects and keeps the puck along the boards on two different occasions.

Can’t even watch him anymore. I just wanna puke

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Hughes and St Louis need to admit they made a mistake, lick their wounds, and send this guy to the AHL. Unless he dominates the AHL , he doesn't belong in the NHL. Full stop.
Their wound must be infected. A killer mistake like that.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I mean, so this game far he's definitely showing he's an nhl player.
"If he ends up just better than Josh Anderson, i will take it at this point."

We are 4.5 period into preseason and you just know some are abouut to eat the mother of all crow.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad