From Natural Stat Trick:

SharksStars
CF7747
FF5936
SF3622
SCF2825
HDCF1015
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
One of these is not like the others... So many more shots, all that corsi, but it does not translate to high danger scoring chances.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
PDB has shown that he cannot adapt or adjust, soon as there's any adversity what does he do, back to his same old shit. put jumbo back with pavs, bench ryan, double shift burns and Karlsson, throw Melker into the top 6.

I really really hope DW has the guts to get rid of him, we can't waste this season.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
PDB has shown that he cannot adapt or adjust, soon as there's any adversity what does he do, back to his same old ****. put jumbo back with pavs, bench ryan, double shift burns and Karlsson, throw Melker into the top 6.

I really really hope DW has the guts to get rid of him, we can't waste this season.

If EK65 had re-signed by now, I may actually be ok with the season being a waste. But the thought that he may be gone after this year and we don't have our 1st round picks for the next 2 years is definitely a bummer.

The way Pavs and Jumbo have fallen off this year make me think that replacing them may not be as hard anymore. But man, failing early in the playoffs (or not making them) would be terrible given our lack of 1st round picks.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The problem is that Jones’s stats put him as the third worst starting goaltender in the NHL and in the middle 50s for all netminders.

Dell gets a pass because he may have a softy now again but Jones has had at least one softie in almost every game this year.

All those great saves he made tonight are spoiled by putting the Sharks in a hole.

The excuse making has to stop. The D was crap and nobody is arguing that but people need to wake up and stop prentending that the Emperor is wearing clothes

If you'd noticed, in my earlier posts on this I specifically said that this wasn't meant to absolve Jones of all criticism. My problem is with the type of criticism. Don't apply the same criticisms differently to different goalies. If a bad goal is a bad goal, then it's a bad goal for everyone. If Jones lets in a softy that "any NHL goalie should stop" then Dell should get roasted the same if he lets in the same kind of goal. Call out Jones when he screws up, but if it's a goal that other goalies would get a pass on for extenuating circumstances, then Jones should get the same benefit. Criticism only works when it's fair. When it looks like it's being applied unevenly, it damages its credibility. And that only makes things worse when the level of criticism is already as divisive as the Jones issue is to begin with (and again, in fairness, the divisiveness is less about Jones being above any sort of criticism and more about how much gets heaped on him)

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
From Natural Stat Trick:

SharksStars
CF7747
FF5936
SF3622
SCF2825
HDCF1015
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
One of these is not like the others... So many more shots, all that corsi, but it does not translate to high danger scoring chances.

Yep, the Sharks are 3rd best in the NHL for CA/60, but allow the 14th most HDCA/60 in the NHL so far. That is not good, the ratio of shot attempts being the high danger variety is way too high.

Also for Jones. Of 23 goalies who have played atleast 10 games. Jones has faced the 19th most shots, but the 11th most HDshots.
The only goalie who has faced less shots, but more HD shots against.... Smith from CGY. His stats .888 SV% and 3.31 GAA. Look familiar to anyone?

Until this team stops teams from getting prime times shots at higher percentages then just about any team in the league, the hate for Jones needs to be tamped down a bit. He has not been good, but my god when every other shot against you is a high danger shot, thats really not gunna help anything.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
If you'd noticed, in my earlier posts on this I specifically said that this wasn't meant to absolve Jones of all criticism. My problem is with the type of criticism. Don't apply the same criticisms differently to different goalies. If a bad goal is a bad goal, then it's a bad goal for everyone. If Jones lets in a softy that "any NHL goalie should stop" then Dell should get roasted the same if he lets in the same kind of goal. Call out Jones when he screws up, but if it's a goal that other goalies would get a pass on for extenuating circumstances, then Jones should get the same benefit. Criticism only works when it's fair. When it looks like it's being applied unevenly, it damages its credibility. And that only makes things worse when the level of criticism is already as divisive as the Jones issue is to begin with (and again, in fairness, the divisiveness is less about Jones being above any sort of criticism and more about how much gets heaped on him)

Except it isn’t be applied unfairly. Every goalie lets in bad goals now again. Jones is channeling his inner Dan Cloutier and letting in softies all over the place.

Reactions: Phu

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
But yeah. Dumpster fire result by a dumpster fire team that plays dumpster fire defense with dumpster fire (on average) goal tending. This stiiiiiiiiiinks. Like a dumpster

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Except it isn’t be applied unfairly. Every goalie lets in bad goals now again. Jones is channeling his inner Dan Cloutier and letting in softies all over the place.

The team needs to clamp down defensively first and foremost. The team(s) that figure that out are going to be the ones that start taking off on winning streaks. They give up way too many chances for a team that has Cup aspirations, plain and simple.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Late because I had to work and such. Gonna be late tomorrow too.

Anyway, the short streak of 2 SNOGs consecutively for our collective board ends. Let's hope we don't hit or surpass the season-long SNOGless streak of 5, eh?

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 3 vs DucksnoneDucks 5-2
2Oct. 5 at KingsPackShark, HOOCH2173, Herschel, Ol Dirty PirateSharks 3-2 OT
3Oct. 8 at IslandersnoneIslanders 4-0
4Oct. 9 at FlyersnoneSharks 8-2
5Oct. 11 at RangersnoneRangers 3-2 OT
6Oct. 14 at DevilsnoneDevils 3-2
7Oct. 18 vs SabresfasterthanlightSharks 5-1
8Oct. 20 vs IslandersBaileyMacTavish, Kcoyote3Sharks 4-1
9Oct. 23 at PredatorsnoneSharks 5-4
10Oct. 26 at HurricanesnoneHurricanes 4-3 SO
11Oct. 28 at DucksnoneSharks 4-3 OT
12Oct. 30 vs RangersnoneRangers 4-3 SO
13Nov. 1 vs Blue JacketsnoneBlue Jackets 4-1
14Nov. 3 vs Flyersrangerssharks414Sharks 4-3 OT
15Nov. 6 vs WildFeedingFrenzySharks 4-3
16Nov. 8 at StarsnoneStars 4-3
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2018-19 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.BaileyMacTavish, fasterthanlight, FeedingFrenzy, Herschel, HOOCH2173, Kcoyote3, Ol Dirty Pirate, PackShark, rangerssharks4141
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Btw, EK65 was effing amazing for the first half of this game. Best/most dangerous he's looked as a Shark imo. Why the f*** does PDB insist on benching Ryan and jumbling the defensive pairs?! So freaking frustrating! Someone needs to be held accountable for this team losing as many games as they've won, and it needs to be PDB imo.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Btw, EK65 was effing amazing for the first half of this game. Best/most dangerous he's looked as a Shark imo. Why the **** does PDB insist on benching Ryan and jumbling the defensive pairs?! So freaking frustrating! Someone needs to be held accountable for this team losing as many games as they've won, and it needs to be PDB imo.
That's never gonna happen because f*** what we think I guess.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Maybe Ryan has a "take 5% of DeBoer's salary if he averages 13 minutes per game clause" in his contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad