GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
State income tax in NY is 8%. In Florida it's 0.

8% of 4.5M is about $360,000.

So on that alone, the NYR would have to offer $4.85M.

Now add in living expenses. Home+Food+going out to events, etc. You're looking at at least $5M a year to even it out.

Exactly what I was pointing out a few pages ago. Too many drama queens in here complaining and didn't think about the state income tax situation in Florida which is significant. No way any of us would have been happy if Sather gave in and gave Stralsie a 5x5=25M deal...NO ONE.

So which is better in your minds:

D Boyle 2 years @ 4.5M = $9.0 M

or

A Stralman 5 years @ 5M = $25 M

NO BRAINER folks....Sather made the right decision and now we have our desperatly needed PP QB. So let's get off his case.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
No, identical cap hit. 4.5 per.

Stralman with a much worse term.

When I wrote the post $20/5yr was being reported. Yeah, the term is worse but Stralsie is 27, Dan Boyle 37.

But as I posted in another thread, Boyle ticks more boxes in case of what we lack than Stralsie does. I was attached to Anton though. I'm okay with the swap all in all.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Listening to TSN talk Rangers is just awful:

We're in trouble because we lost Pouliot. Got way worse.

Got dominated in the SCF.

Stralman's advanced stats are superior to McDonagh's.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
When I wrote the post $20/5yr was being reported. Yeah, the term is worse but Stralsie is 27, Dan Boyle 37.

But as I posted in another thread, Boyle ticks more boxes in case of what we lack than Stralsie does. I was attached to Anton though. I'm okay with the swap all in all.

And Stralman, as good as he was for us is pretty repetitive in our d corps. We have a bunch of shut down dmen. Boyle adds a different element we didn't have before. Hopefully he can be solid enough but if not it's only for 2 years.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I cant believe Niskanen is this big of a deal. Hes not even that good. I just dont get it.

He put up 46 points last year and some GMs have managed to convince themselves that he can do it again despite not having Malkin or Crosby to pass to him.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Exactly what I was pointing out a few pages ago. Too many drama queens in here complaining and didn't think about the state income tax situation in Florida which is significant. No way any of us would have been happy if Sather gave in and gave Stralsie a 5x5=25M deal...NO ONE.

So which is better in your minds:

D Boyle 2 years @ 4.5M = $9.0 M

or

A Stralman 5 years @ 5M = $25 M

NO BRAINER folks....Sather made the right decision and now we have our desperatly needed PP QB. So let's get off his case.

We did? Thank God.

Although this sounds familiar... trying to think when/where I've heard this before... somewhere... can't remem...

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
State income tax in NY is 8%. In Florida it's 0.

8% of 4.5M is about $360,000.

So on that alone, the NYR would have to offer $4.85M.

Now add in living expenses. Home+Food+going out to events, etc. You're looking at at least $5M a year to even it out.

But that 8% tax break only applies to home games (and games vs. FLA). They pay tax in every state they visit! so its really only 180k

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Listening to TSN talk Rangers is just awful:

We're in trouble because we lost Pouliot. Got way worse.

Got dominated in the SCF.

Stralman's advanced stats are superior to McDonagh's.

I think we are in trouble. I don't think it has anything to do with Pouliot or Stralman being superior to McDonagh, but I do think we are in trouble. Not a lot of money left to lock up anyone outside the organization. We need to get creative with trades or we are looking at a top 9 of

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Miller-MSL
Fast-Brassard-MZA

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
But that 8% tax break only applies to home games (and games vs. FLA). They pay tax in every state they visit! so its really only 180k

That doesn't factor in the drastically cheaper COL.

500K in NY is 211K in Tampa.

That is an incredible difference.

Comparable salary in
Tampa, FL
$211,795
Price difference in Tampa, FL
Groceries 32% less
Housing 83% less
Utilities 29% less
Transportation 19% less
Health Care 12% less

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
I think we are in trouble. I don't think it has anything to do with Pouliot or Stralman being superior to McDonagh, but I do think we are in trouble. Not a lot of money left to lock up anyone outside the organization. We need to get creative with trades or we are looking at a top 9 of

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Miller-MSL
Fast-Brassard-MZA

There has to be a trade coming this offseason. No way we go to battle with that lineup.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Regardless of those points being moronic, we did get worse.

So far, they look marginally worse IMO. Hearing those idiotic points just makes it worse haha.

I seriously do think, and have thought, that this team needs to graduate some prospects this year. Seems like that might be the plan going forward.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Is the Stanley Cup Champion decided on July 1st?

Even if you feel like we did get worse, I don't know if I agree with that, there's still plenty of roster moves that can be made.

I'm holding out hope we still have some moves to make, but Boyle is a downgrade on Stralman, Glass is a MASSIVE downgrade on Boyle, and we haven't replaced Richards or Pouliot.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow Stralman only signed for 4.5 per?

Would trade glass and Boyle for Stralman any day. Awful decisions by glen on July 1st again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad