GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
No, Pouliout is role player and the product of two dynamic forwards (Zukes and Brass). Put Fast on that line and he'll put up similar numbers. Poo is one of the guys we can afford to lose.

People keep saying things like this, but if it were true why didn't we move Poo at the deadline?

(This is not me saying we should've handed him that contract, I just don't think it's as easy as that)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
July 1 - Groundhog's Day on HF...same whining and *****ing as the year before. People always forget that lineups are fluid.

I like the Dom Moore deal.
I like the AHL all-star deal.
I am meh on the Dan Boyle deal - I get it in principle, but it just smells like another aging FA vet that will fail the moment he gets here.
I HATE the Tanner Glass deal. Unless he gets moved somewhere else Dave Gagner-style, that's Patrick Rissmiller all over again. Only he costs us $.5MM in cap space sitting in the minors.

As for the "lack" of major movement, there I agree - perfectly understood that the bigger issues have got time to play out.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Im surprised there haven't been more trades

The West is STACKED. LA. Anaheim. SJ. Dallas. Chicago. Minnesota. Colorado. Most of the big offensive signings/trades have been going to the West. Spezza. Stastny. Vanek.

thats good for the rangers. east looks fairly wide open. 4 clear best teams, to me, are the Rangers, Bruins, Pens, and Tampa (in no particular order).

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This free agency period has been disgraceful. So many putrid signings. Ehrhoff's deal might be the ONLY good one.

Still interested in Ryan Carter or Brian Gibbons. Or, even better, Marcel Goc.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@ICEHockeyAgent: ICE Hockey Agency client Rob Zepp, 5-time DEL champion goalie for Eisbaeren Berlin signed with Philadelphia Flyers.”

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yup. Not giving him that contract is obviously the right move, but it doesn't mean losing him wont hurt us, which it will if we don't replace him.

LOL @ Fast replacing him.

id say JT Miller replaces him....unless the rangers dont bring in a center.

wouldnt shock me if the rangers swing for the fences with a trade for Staal or something.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
This free agency period has been disgraceful. So many putrid signings. Ehrhoff's deal might be the ONLY good one.

Still interested in Ryan Carter or Brian Gibbons. Or, even better, Marcel Goc.

Power of Pittsburgh

He'll get the standard offensive inflation, and get paid next summer.

Trainmman

May 29, 2014
Jersey

Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie
Rangers have approx $15M in cap space to sign Kreider, Brassard, Zuccarello, JMoore and add a couple of forwards plus seventh D.

Incorrect on the 7th D..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad