GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Mods - feel free to straight up delete.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread that was SPECIFICALLY FOR confirmed with link stories from around the NHL, or rumors from reputable sources, to keep separate from the current Speculation thread we have going.

Would be easier for some people who want to dip into HF on a quick peek, and go directly where they need to go instead of filtering through pages of proposed lineups.

Just a thought.

EDIT - Should start this off with the trade that went down a few minutes ago:

DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/483989925298044928

Enjoy the day, everyone!

Last edited:

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
Hoping for something in the lines of last year, probably the most successful month of July since ever.

July 10, 2013 Agreed to terms with F Carl Hagelin and D Justin Falk.
July 9, 2013 Agreed to terms with D Ryan McDonagh on a six-year contract.
July 5, 2013 Signed F Dominic Moore, F Benoit Pouliot and D Aaron Johnson.
July 2, 2013 Traded F Christian Thomas to Montreal for F Danny Kristo.
July 1, 2013 Acquired D Danny Syvret from Philadelphia for F Kris Newbury.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I guess we can expect some turnover. How about Mathieu Perrault? Would be a good option at either 2 or 3C. Filled the role quite well for the Ducks.

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
FYI if we are using this thread, maybe lock the Offseason thread for today? Just kind of redundant right now, as both are being used regularly.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Guys, can we avoid speculation in this thread, please?

Otherwise, like another poster said, it becomes redundant.

This thread should only be used for official news, or rumors from reputable sources. Not where you think Matt Perreault fits into the Rangers

:)

Or do whatever you want, I don't care, I'm not a mod :dunno:

UDnyr92

Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, also I'm no mod. But maybe keep this to one post per official signing, and that's it. Just break the news and move on with each signing. I don't know the best way.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Weird? They have removed all the UFAs because at the moment they don't have a contract with the Rangers...simple as that.

I didn't say weird. That was part of the tweet. It's a little weird considering it's the 2013-14 stats page and the players should be removed from the roster page. Their 2013-14 stats won't change and they were with the Rangers.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Weird? They have removed all the UFAs because at the moment they don't have a contract with the Rangers...simple as that.

Not having a contract doesn't mean they didn't play here last year. If they were removed from the roster page it makes sense. Not so much for the 2013-2014 stats page.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
NHL on TSN ‏@NHLonTSN 14s

Montreal Canadiens sign Manny Malholtra to a one-year deal. As heard on TSN from @TSNBobMcKenzie #FAF #FreeAgentFrenzy #TSN

And it begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad