GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Have a feeling we end up signing Alfredsson for our 3rd line.

Hagelin can play with his hero.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
That doesn't factor in the drastically cheaper COL.

500K in NY is 211K in Tampa.

That is an incredible difference.

Comparable salary in
Tampa, FL
$211,795
Price difference in Tampa, FL
Groceries 32% less
Housing 83% less
Utilities 29% less
Transportation 19% less
Health Care 12% less

And it's not like he is a single guy living in a condo, guy needs a big house for his huge family, as well as all of the expenses for raising the 3? 4? kids he has.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
But that 8% tax break only applies to home games (and games vs. FLA). They pay tax in every state they visit! so its really only 180k

That's not how it works. You pay the taxes on how many days you work in the state. Not sure if they count practices and stuff but if it's just games it would only be 40 days out of 365.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Everyone just needs to step back off the ledge. You don't analyze a painter while he's painting his masterpiece. You do do after it's been completed. The roster may not look great now but let's wait until at least mid September before we start stomping our feet, throwing temper tantrums and yelling "TANNNNKKKKKK."

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Read the links, it's not that simple. Players get taxed in the state they play in, and different states have different laws. Only 45ish games are played in Florida. There's also caps, jock taxes, etc.

Again, although that may be true, the cost of living disparity is very much alive.

Look at Sperlings best places. Compare Tampa and New York. You will find out how great the cost of living difference is between the two cities. Housing is 73% cheaper in Tampa.

Combine the taxes and cost of living difference and Stralman is going to come out WAY ahead.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Everyone just needs to step back off the ledge. You don't analyze a painter while he's painting his masterpiece. You do do after it's been completed. The roster may not look great now but let's wait until at least mid September before we start stomping our feet, throwing temper tantrums and yelling "TANNNNKKKKKK."

I get what you are saying, but right NOW we are a worse team.

It is perfectly justified to be worried about that.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
What are thoughts on Grabovski or Goc? Grabs is prolly too expensive now, but Goc might be a decent 3rd line C that's decently cheap.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Listening to TSN talk Rangers is just awful:

We're in trouble because we lost Pouliot. Got way worse.

Got dominated in the SCF.

Stralman's advanced stats are superior to McDonagh's.

:laugh:

The Pouliot contract is terrible and Stralman is not as good as McDonagh.

Rangers do need to do something though, but its only July 1st and the cup isn't handed out in July.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Why do so many of you insist on pencilling in Miller at 2C and Brassard at 3C?!

Brassard is our 2C right now.
Zuccarello (our leading scorer last season) isn't a 3rd liner.

Miller hasn't even proved he's NHL-ready let alone a second line center playing with MSL.

As of now, the top 6 will be

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello (or Zuccarello Brassard Nash)

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Lol what up Edmonton, 4x5 for Poo? Anyone around here felt like 3 was more than enough.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

I'm not about to yell tank, but I am about to yell "BUBBLE TEAM".

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Listening to TSN talk Rangers is just awful:

We're in trouble because we lost Pouliot. Got way worse.

Got dominated in the SCF.

Stralman's advanced stats are superior to McDonagh's.

Nothing wrong with either of those statements by experts.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I get what you are saying, but right NOW we are a worse team.

It is perfectly justified to be worried about that.

Then RIGHT NOW I look forward to getting our first overall pick tomorrow. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are now hockey games scheduled tomorrow so I don't really care how we look 3 months away from the season.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

Nobody is doing that.

We're upset with the moves that have been made so far and believe the team, currently, is not as good as it was last year.

Stralman leaving is unfortunate, but if we offered him 4.5 and he didn't accept then that's a shame.

Tanner Glass is awful and should only see the ice if a couple of other depth guys are injured.

Slats should go for Goc or something to help the 3rd line, because our bottom six is much worse than it was a couple of days ago.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Guys I'm still interested to see land are players like Brian Boyle, Dany Heatley, and Brad Richards.

Devils got Havlat on a sweet deal. Id've loved to take that to replace Pouliot. Right now we have no 3rd or 4rth line left wingers.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Then RIGHT NOW I look forward to getting our first overall pick tomorrow. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are now hockey games scheduled tomorrow so I don't really care how we look 3 months away from the season.

Well... that pick would go to Tampa... :(

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
For this team to contend next year, they're going to need to have some rookies step up and they'll need to hit on some bargain moves like the ones that brought Brian Boyle and Stralman here in the first place.

Which, granted, can be said about basically any team with a solid foundation in the NHL.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Nothing wrong with either of those statements by experts.

Pouliout is not a 20 million dollar player over 5 years. This or Miller is the worst contract of this UFA season so far.

We'll lose size and a ten cent head who's been an enigma for his entire career and finally found a fit for his game and is now off to Edmonton chasing the $'s. Good for him. No way on earth do I sign him for anywhere close to that term or dollar amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad