GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Nothing wrong with either of those statements by experts.

Yeah, nothing wrong with implying that Stralman is as good or better than McDonagh. That's not insane at all. I love me some advanced stats, but if there were ever proof of the value of watching players play over looking at their numbers, that comparison is it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Pouliout is not a 20 million dollar player over 5 years. This or Miller is the worst contract of this UFA season so far.

We'll lose size and a ten cent head who's been an enigma for his entire career and finally found a fit for his game and is now off to Edmonton chasing the $'s. Good for him. No way on earth do I sign him for anywhere close to that term or dollar amount.

Losing pouliot and replacing him with... Nothing makes the team a lot worse.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
July 1 - Groundhog's Day on HF...same whining and *****ing as the year before. People always forget that lineups are fluid.

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Again, although that may be true, the cost of living disparity is very much alive.

Look at Sperlings best places. Compare Tampa and New York. You will find out how great the cost of living difference is between the two cities. Housing is 73% cheaper in Tampa.

Combine the taxes and cost of living difference and Stralman is going to come out WAY ahead.

When you're making 4 million a year you don't consider cost of living. I liked the guy but come on. 5 years was way too much. I can see them taking a small step back this year with the rookies to make a big step forward in 15/16.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, nothing wrong with implying that Stralman is as good or better than McDonagh. That's not insane at all. I love me some advanced stats, but if there were ever proof of the value of watching players play over looking at their numbers, that comparison is it.

I don't think it was implied he was as good or better, I was watching the segment also.

It's just something to ponder upon. You can't deny that losing you're best possession player wont hurt the team.

Especially replacing him with a player past his prime years and struggling to make a positive impact at es.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Losing pouliot and replacing him with... Nothing makes the team a lot worse.

No, Pouliout is role player and the product of two dynamic forwards (Zukes and Brass). Put Fast on that line and he'll put up similar numbers. Poo is one of the guys we can afford to lose.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
To be clear, Engelland's AAV is $2.9M. That's per year.

lol WHAT

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Almost as asinine as Kershaw used to be. It's ok Mint I think it worked out well for him.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Wonder if the Islanders would overpay by a lot to sign Niskanen, and he is debating whether to take the cash or go to a better team?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 42s
Jets apparently receiving a few calls on some of their players, as teams explore options after losing out on guys in free agency.

Im surprised there haven't been more trades

The West is STACKED. LA. Anaheim. SJ. Dallas. Chicago. Minnesota. Colorado. Most of the big offensive signings/trades have been going to the West. Spezza. Stastny. Vanek.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Really wondering where Brad is going to end up.

Still wouldn't mind a look at Derek Roy if the price is right. Surprised Setoguchi and Grabs are still out there

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
When you're making 4 million a year you don't consider cost of living. I liked the guy but come on. 5 years was way too much. I can see them taking a small step back this year with the rookies to make a big step forward in 15/16.

Are you sure you didnt forget a 0 there?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's just something to ponder upon. You can't deny that losing you're best possession player wont hurt the team.

I can deny that. The team will look different, but not necessarily worse. We've sacrificed some ES possession for some PP firepower. That's not necessarily a team downgrade.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
What's up with Sather giving tough guys 3 year deals. Seem's standard. Then after year one we are either buying them out, trying to trade them for scraps, or burying them in the minors. It's not the worst deal in the world but don't we learn from our past?

The Boyle deal isn't too bad. I think he will play well and $4.5 isn't too bad. Stralman at 5 years is just too much. Having Moore back at that deal is great!

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Im surprised there haven't been more trades

The West is STACKED. LA. Anaheim. SJ. Dallas. Chicago. Minnesota. Colorado. Most of the big offensive signings/trades have been going to the West. Spezza. Stastny. Vanek.

I really wonder where they get the cap space sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->