Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I mean with him out Toronto has obviously changed their game plan from trying to instigate and open the game up for their offense to a more conservative discipline and defense first mentality (which is tried and true recipe for playoff success). They stopped taking stupid penalties and thinking they could just outscore their mistakes.

Also, Joseph Woll went in net which is the most importing thing.

Game 3 the Bruins had nothing similar to Game 5 & 6 and then Samsonov allowed a muffin on a routine shot.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000005849.jpg

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Also, Joseph Woll went in net which is the most importing thing.

Game 3 the Bruins had nothing like Game 5 & 6 and then Samsonov allowed a muffin.
Sure, and they started blocking shots infant of him like they didn't for Samsonov because they're packing it in defensively. Samsonov would have looked a whole lot more impressive with a team defense infront of him and facing fewer power plays.

But I get it - rooting for Toronto so long may leave folks thinking the playoffs are about individual talents rather than team defense. It's how they've been built till now and why they haven't been successful IMO.

Last edited:

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Game 7 was inevitable between these two teams. Bruins have 0 killer instinct. Just continuing the annual tradition of peeing down there legs when it’s crunch time.

Game 7 is a coin flip. Woll has been a wall, and Swayman continues to allow 2 or fewer to this team. Could easily see a 1-0 game Saturday night. Maybe the Bruins show up for this one.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Sure, and they started blocking shots infant of him like they didn't for Samsonov because they're packing it in defensively. Samsonov would have looked a whole lot more impressive with a team defense infant of him and facing fewer power plays.

The Leafs were blocking a lot of shots for Samsonov. They saved a few sure goals. He just wasn’t good enough.

Game 5 had less shot blocks than 3 of Samsonov’s starts. It just looks like they didn’t because he was bad.

Reactions: HabsQC

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Game 5 they only faced one PP too something Samsonov would have loved.

I think the Bruins would have loved it more than Samsonov.

It was an automatic goal on Samsonov. He would jump out of the net in anticipation of the shot and then the Bruins just pass it to the other side for the tap in.

The problem is - it doesn’t work when the goalie doesn’t jump out of the net for no reason.

The Bruins PP that was an automatic goal against Samsonov hasn’t scored a PP goal on Woll yet.

Reactions: banks

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I think you’ve been clowned on enough for this, but I’m still going to like on because you deserve it

Share your opinion when you have an actual hockey team, sens are absolute dog shit and you should feel shame

It'll only get worse if/when the Leafs move on to the next round.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
What the Leafs need is Brady Tkachuk, someone who'll never sniff 70 goals but really brings it come playoff time.

It's called "reaching".

I'd call it other things, but I don't want to get banned for good.
Brady Tkachuk has never played a playoff game… note only option is regular season on NHL stats page.

Attachments

• IMG_3421.png
    IMG_3421.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 1

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Watching the Bruins playing the last 2 games, it’s almost like they thought the Leafs would just roll over after game 4. They’ve been listless and sloppy. Woll has been very good, but it seems Boston hasn’t really managed to sustain any pressure on him.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Gotta say, watching a bruins team be led by Marchand has been pretty comical. Hes making that franchise a disgrace after coming from years of Bergeron.

What a complete 180 from captain to captain.
The same team lead by Bergeron blew a 3-1 lead on the Panthers after being the most dominant regular season team in years if not history against a real Cinderella team… the Leafs were favored in this series by most.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I mean with him out Toronto has obviously changed their game plan from trying to instigate and open the game up for their offense to a more conservative discipline and defense first mentality (which is tried and true recipe for playoff success). They stopped taking stupid penalties and thinking they could just outscore their mistakes.

I don’t think you know what ‘obviously’ means

There are other important factors you’re missing here. Like being in win or go home mode and playing an inexperienced goaltender

It’s not just Matthews playing status

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Healthy Matthews took over and won game two. He then gets sick/injured. Smooth brained HF take is that the Leafs don’t need a healthy Matthews or play better without him. lol I’d say do better but not sure it’s possible.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I don’t think you know what ‘obviously’ means

There are other important factors you’re missing here. Like being in win or go home mode and playing an inexperienced goaltender

It’s not just Matthews playing status

There are some very creative coping mechanisms in this thread.

I’ll be here responding to every chirp I can :nod:

I can’t be bent or broken, I can’t be offended. I was born in the 80’s

Looking forward to it.:D

Mar 26, 2010
Woll has changed the dynamic of this series. He has made some big saves, and more importantly allows his team to play hockey. This is a very different team with Woll in net, a better team.

Reactions: HabsQC and Drytoast

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
The real winners here are the Florida Panthers. No matter what happens tomorrow they’re guaranteed to play a total train wreck of a team in the second round.
I am not sure I see it that way.

I think the Leafs could go in with a confidence, swagger and game plan we haven't seen in them before. Throw in a hot goalie and maybe a Matthews and McMann.

Of course, they could lose G7
..in which case, I think the Bruins limp into the second round as the aforementioned trainwreck. Yeah, they could say "we bent but didn't break, we won"...it should never have got to G7 against this Leaf team after G4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad