Confirmed with Link: Josh Ho-Sang signs AHL Contract

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Because for some reason, you took issue with me using that accurate word, even though you literally used that word yourself first.

I read through the waiver thread. There were no "sound arguments". The only thing I saw was people being emotionally attached to the worse player they knew, and overreacting to a rather meaningless and insignificant decision.
jeez buddy let it go. Me and the poster I replied to ended our discussion with zero drama. Stop shit disturbing. I explained to you twice now why that word was used and it's nothing to look into.

Reactions: egd27 and ACC1224

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
jeez buddy let it go. Me and the poster I replied to ended our discussion with zero drama. Stop shit disturbing. I explained to you twice now why that word was used and it's nothing to look into.
You're the one that re-ignited this conversation today, and in a rather hostile way. You're also the one that used the word outrage, and then made a big deal about other people using the exact same word. I've merely pointed out the insignificance of this decision over fringe depth players, and the fact that based on their professional careers and the preseason, the correct choice was made. Now, let's get back to Ho-Sang - yet another fringe depth player who scored 2 goals in his Marlies debut.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This is getting petty now so I am removing myself from this thread. It's like talking to brick walls.
Welcome to the de-evolution of HF Leafs.

Say 1 thing that doesn't shower Dubas with praise and the Dubas shills come flying in trying to police your opinion.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
NOPE 31 TEAMS HAVE to pass
By signing Ho-Sang to an AHL-only deal, the Maple Leafs are afforded some flexibility should the forward earn a spot with the NHL club.
Given his age and games played at the NHL level, Ho-Sang requires waivers should the Leafs send him down to the Marlies on an NHL contract. By signing Ho-Sang to an AHL-only deal, the Leafs can convert the deal to NHL-level contract down the road.
Both situations require waivers, but only when the player is sent down. Had he been on an NHL-contract during training camp, he would be exposed if cut from the roster.
The Leafs did something similar with Rich Clune during the 2015-16 season. They signed him to an AHL deal before converting his deal to an NHL contract just before he made his Maple Leafs debut on Oct. 30, 2015 against the New York Rangers.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
By signing Ho-Sang to an AHL-only deal, the Maple Leafs are afforded some flexibility should the forward earn a spot with the NHL club.
Given his age and games played at the NHL level, Ho-Sang requires waivers should the Leafs send him down to the Marlies on an NHL contract. By signing Ho-Sang to an AHL-only deal, the Leafs can convert the deal to NHL-level contract down the road.
Both situations require waivers, but only when the player is sent down. Had he been on an NHL-contract during training camp, he would be exposed if cut from the roster.
The Leafs did something similar with Rich Clune during the 2015-16 season. They signed him to an AHL deal before converting his deal to an NHL contract just before he made his Maple Leafs debut on Oct. 30, 2015 against the New York Rangers.

no one claimed him

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
no one claimed him
What do you mean?? He does not require them as he was on a PTO released from that and signed an AHL-only deal that if the Leafs sign him to and NHL contract her can play for them without wavier... Only require them if sent down after he signs and is sent back down

Reactions: uncleben

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
no one claimed him
No one coaimed him from his PTO. He didn't need waivers. When released from the PTO he became a free agent. Even when on an PTO he could have signed with any NHL team. If his contract is changed to an NHL deal waivers apply.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
it always happens. its even worse on twitter
I have never showered Dubas with praise and no one has ever reacted towards me shills or not. Besides, how can we know if people are shills (working with Dubas) or just people who like Dubas.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Honestly I’d sign Ho-Sang to an NHL contract.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Ho-Sang
Ritchie - Kerfoot - Kase
Spezza/Engvall - Kampf - Simmonds/Engvall

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
There was outrage (like there is around here for every insignificant or normal thing that happens), and no, it was not justified. Nothing wrong with keeping Amadio over Brooks in that situation.

Habs coach said he thinks Brooks is a complete player.

OMG can't believe he can act so outrageous making these claims. What a freak out.

I agree with the other guy. Get over yourself.

Reactions: egd27

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Habs coach said he thinks Brooks is a complete player.
OMG can't believe he can act so outrageous making these claims. What a freak out.
Not sure why you think a coach giving his player a pretty basic compliment is a "freak out", or why you're replying to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad