Confirmed with Link: Josh Ho-Sang signs AHL Contract

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Well I mean, any logical argument towards keeping Brooks is viewed as not sound by you, and you are literally seen stating "There was outrage..." over keeping Brooks in this very thread. If a NHL coach thinks someone is worth a run don't know who you think you are invalidating everyone here who thought the same thing for our team.
An NHL coach thought Amadio was "worth a run" too, on a deeper team. The situation was not "keeping Brooks" or "not keeping Brooks". The situation was keeping Brooks or Amadio, and Amadio showed more at each professional level and the preseason. Montreal's coach giving his player a basic compliment doesn't change the fact that there was nothing wrong with keeping Amadio over Brooks. Let's get back to Ho-Sang.

Reactions: Roadhog

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
An NHL coach thought Amadio was "worth a run" too, on a deeper team. The situation was not keeping Brooks or not keeping Brooks. The situation was keeping Brooks or Amadio, and Amadio showed more at each professional level and the preseason. Montreal's coach giving his player a basic compliment doesn't change the fact that there was nothing wrong with keeping Amadio over Brooks. Let's get back to Ho-Sang.
See my edit. Perfectly fine with anyone who wants Amadio over Brooks and has good justification for it. You took it upon yourself to take the extra step to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you though. That's where you look foolish.

Only your side is sound and the best decision. Any other opinion against yours isn't even worth reading. Oh boy how did people live through 12000 posts of yours.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Perfectly fine with anyone who wants Amadio over Brooks and has good justification for it. You took it upon yourself to take the extra step to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with you though.
I haven't belittled anybody. If you like Brooks, then like Brooks; it just doesn't justify claims that management was wrong for choosing Amadio over Brooks, because Amadio is the same age and has been better at each professional level and in preseason. There's no reason to have this level of discussion over fringe depth players anyway. Some nothing comment from Montreal's coach doesn't change anything. Let's get back to Ho-Sang.

Reactions: The Podium

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Who the f*** cares about Brooks and Amadio. They're interchangeable 4th line, AHL tweeners. I came here to read about Hosang

Who cares about Ho-Sang. You really think this guy will do anything? The fact that people have talked about him for 6 pages amazes me. Probably the same people who think Ritchie is gonna have a monster year due to his preseason.

Reactions: Roadhog

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Who cares about Ho-Sang. You really think this guy will do anything? The fact that people have talked about him for 6 pages amazes me. Probably the same people who think Ritchie is gonna have a monster year due to his preseason.
Why do you feel a need to say this on a Ho-Sang thread?

Reactions: TML Dynasty

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada

You're missing the point yet again. This isn't a thread to discuss Ritchie either people come here to read about Hosang. There are other threads where people can argue at nauseum Ritchie or Brooks or... This thread is about Hosang.

And just ftr. I'm not now or every thought Ritchie should be playing on our first line or think he will light anything. Nor do I expect it from Hosang but he interestes me thus me trying to read about him in this thread labeled for him...

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If he light up the AHL for the year, he deserves a NHL contract.

If he starts hot and then coasts then he hasn't learned.

He has never been close to a PPG in the AHL, .77 one year isn't.

I say give him 15 games to get conditioning. Then give him Amadio's role
If he can't take it or run with it, then send him down

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Its a great story. Everybody loves a comeback. You shouldnt be so dismissive.

would a player need to have arrived once prior in order to have a comeback?
The Islanders boards always had the JHS thread on the first page . Just something about this kid. I hope he makes it. I just wish it wasn’t with Toronto.
Stay safe

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
Doing pretty well so far:
Josh Ho-Sang.png

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Bring him up. I hate Kerfoot even though he's played well for a few games.

Ho-Sang Tavares Marner. DO IT

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Ho-Sang is a RW. If he can play in the top 6, it would likely be with Willy, who can shift to the left where he has played successfully in the past.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Kerfoot - Tavares - Marner line has looked incredible so far. Why mess with that?

If anything, H0-Sang is a bottom 6 option to add a bit of depth scoring.

Reactions: LeafChief

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Kerfoot - Tavares - Marner line has looked incredible so far. Why mess with that?

If anything, H0-Sang is a bottom 6 option to add a bit of depth scoring.

yeah the third and 4th lines need some work. I now know why Bruins fans had no problem letting Ritchie walk

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I just find it fascinating how people in here waste so much time talking about an AHL player. Almost like they hope they can convince themselves and others that he’ll magically blossom into a top 6 player.
i find it fascinating that people read/comment in threads they only want to crap in, its almost as though there is a void in their life that can only be filled by spewing mean comments about a player that is superior to any thing they could ever have achieved

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
from the clips I've seen, Josh looks to be overly jacked up when he scores. I know a lot of players are happy when they score, but it really looks like he is having fun out there. Something that isn't always the case for a 25 year old former top rated prospect who is playing on an AHL contract.

Time will ultimately tell if Josh has changed his mindset, but at this point he has shown no reason to think it hasn't changed. He says the right things, and he backs it up with his play. Out of all the players interviewed at camp, he seemed to give the most candid and authentic responses. I never once thought his answers came off as fake. He said he'd start anywhere, he backed it up by signing an AHL deal. He has expressed his gratitude for the opportunity over and over, he is backing it up with his attitude and play. What more could you ask for to be honest?

I've been pulling for JHS since we signed him. I love a good comeback story, and this one would be one hell of a comeback should he make it onto the Leafs at some point.

When the players play loose and have fun, you get the best version of the player. Maybe this new found humble version of JHS will prove to be the right formula in the end. Early results are promising

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad