Confirmed with Link: Josh Ho-Sang signs AHL Contract

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
With Matthews back tomorrow Armadio is the logical healthy scratch.

No sense promoting Semyonov to be the extra forward.
BUT
I wonder if there is an injury how much more rope Armadio will have?
Haven't seen too much anything from him yet
If there were an injury, I'd rather see Semyonov or even Ho-Sang over Amadio.

There was so much outrage about Amadio/Brooks when in reality, they both kind of stink.

Reactions: geo25

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Anyone know why JHS didn't play today?

haven't seen anything - but assuming it's conditioning? that was called out in camp, that he needs to up his stamina over the coming weeks/months. so it could mean keeping him out of B2Bs until he ramps up

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

There was so much outrage about Amadio/Brooks when in reality, they both kind of stink.
The outrage was justified then I think. You don't waive your own player you have been developing for guys like Amadio. Its more the principle of the matter more than Brooks v Amadio. The points made by that side are becoming very clear now and 100% correct.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The outrage was justified then I think. You don't waive your own player you have been developing for guys like Amadio. Its more the principal of the matter more than Brooks v Amadio. The points made by that side are becoming very clear now and 100% correct.
To be honest, they should have waived both.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The outrage was justified then I think. You don't waive your own player you have been developing for guys like Amadio. Its more the principle of the matter more than Brooks v Amadio. The points made by that side are becoming very clear now and 100% correct.
Outrage is too strong a word but losing Brooks was always the wrong move.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

LOL,
I think the plan was to sneak Brooks through waivers and if he cleared waive Armadio, and call Brooks back up.

That is my theory and I am sticking to it...until proven wrong of course.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

There was no outrage I just used that term because it's what the person I was replying to used.

Amadio over Brooks was pointless in the end. Get over it already it's okay to be wrong sometimes.

Reactions: IPS

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
It wasn't in any way.
See above ignoring the "wrong" part. I sat here with a bag of popcorn and objectively watched Team Amadio get wrecked with sound arguments by team Brooks. Labeling the others as "outraged" is a petty attempt to mask the L. I didn't see a single outraged person.

Last edited:

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
There was outrage (like there is around here for every insignificant thing that happens), and no, it was not justified. Nothing wrong with keeping Amadio over Brooks in that situation.
This is a very shallow comment. People did a very good job explaining why they preferred Brooks over Amadio and they were very intelligent replies. Even if they were wrong, they were sound arguments that shouldn't be ridiculed with the word outrage.

Get over yourself.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
People did a very good job explaining why they preferred Brooks over Amadio and they were very intelligent replies. Even if they were wrong, they were sound arguments that shouldn't be ridiculed with the word outrage.
You are the one that used the word "outrage". There were no "sound arguments" for keeping Brooks over Amadio (who has shown more at each professional level and was better in preseason), and there were no "sound arguments" for why we should even care which was chosen between them.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There was no outrage I just used that term because it's what the person I was replying to used.

Amadio over Brooks was pointless in the end. Get over it already it's okay to be wrong sometimes.

Wait - you are thinking that the people who freaked out about the leafs keeping the younger better player were...right?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You are the one that used the word "outrage". There were no "sound arguments" for keeping Brooks over Amadio (who has shown more at each professional level and was better in preseason), and there were no "sound arguments" for why we should even care which was chosen between them.

I already explained to you why the word outrage was used. The poster I replied to used that term so I was just being consistent with their views. They replied to me and topic was over.

Not sure why you're even bringing up that I used the word outrage first when you literally said "There was outrage" in your own post.......

There were sound arguments to keep Brooks over Amadio. You can go dig up that waiver thread yourself to confirm.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Wait - you are thinking that the people who freaked out about the leafs keeping the younger better player were...right?

You were the one debating with those guys so you know nobody freaked. Kill your credibility if you wish.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
A 10 page thread on Amadio v Brooks is a freak out.

People are only allowed opinions that differ from yours if it doesn't span more than one page? Like I told Dekes go dig up the thread and confirm there were sound arguments in favor of Brooks.

Seems you're just upset some were better than your pro-amadio views.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
People are only allowed opinions if it doesn't span more than one page? Like I told Dekes go dig up the thread and confirm there were sound arguments in favor of Brooks.

Seems you're just upset some were better than your pro-amadio views.

10 pages...and posters like yourself STILL freaking out because the leafs chose to keep the better younger player.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Not sure why you're even bringing up that I used the word outrage first when you literally said "There was outrage" in your own post...
Because for some reason, you took issue with me using that accurate word, even though you literally used that word yourself first.
There were sound arguments to keep Brooks over Amadio. You can go dig up that waiver thread yourself to confirm.
I read through the waiver thread. There were no "sound arguments". The only thing I saw was people being emotionally attached to the worse player they knew, and overreacting to a rather meaningless and insignificant decision.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
10 pages...and posters like yourself STILL freaking out because the leafs chose to keep the better younger player.

Thanks for confirming. I didn't freak once ever about the topic but since my opinion doesn't align with yours I'm freaking out lol.

Who was right there front and center replying in those 10 pages? Zeke. If they were freaking, so were you by your own definition. Why would you spend 4 hours responding to freak outs? Simple logic suggests they were giving you reasonable counters to discuss.

This is getting petty now so I am removing myself from this thread. It's like talking to brick walls.

Edit: Since you asked, my opinion on the subject in that thread: Amadio v Brooks is a pointless debate.

good luck trying to prove I freaked.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad