Confirmed with Link: Josh Ho-Sang signs AHL Contract

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
yeah the third and 4th lines need some work. I now know why Bruins fans had no problem letting Ritchie walk

despite the revisionist history bruins fans no doubt peddle, Ritchie actually played pretty well for them last year and a good portion of their fanbase even liked him prior to the Taylor Hall acquisition pushing him down the line up.

he’s performed well under what he did last year so far this year and it’s not really comparable.

Reactions: LeafChief

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
despite the revisionist history bruins fans no doubt peddle, Ritchie actually played pretty well for them last year and a good portion of their fanbase even liked him prior to the Taylor Hall acquisition pushing him down the line up.

he’s performed well under what he did last year so far this year and it’s not really comparable.
I'm sure the brilliant Bruins are happy with what Foligno has provided them so far.

Reactions: kb

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I'm sure the brilliant Bruins are happy with what Foligno has provided them so far.
lol exactly, he was washed up when we gave up a first rounder for him, its only going downhill now
but keeping on track, Ho Sang has looked great, but selfish, just scores tons of goals, where are the assists?????? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Why get rid of a guy you drafted and developed for a stiff? Even all things equal, you keep the player that worked in your program.

Its possible that either:

1. The team knew they would be waiving both eventually when everyone was healthy and figured Brooks was more likely to clear at the end of camp when 100 forwards just like him go on waivers.

2. It wasn’t equal and they just liked Amadio better.

Reactions: kb

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If you’re referring to their record, they have had a pretty rough schedule so far. 4-3 with all of the losses coming against undefeated teams.
I'm not sure how reading my statement lead you to believe I was talking about their record or the level of competition they have played against to this point.

Anyways, Ho-Sang has looked really good so far (I'll admit I've only watched the home games). Very pleased with his progress to date.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon held a University of Michigan wing prospect named Zach Hyman, a Toronto native Dubas had his eye on. In exchange, Tallon wanted a young checking centre in the Leafs’ system, Greg McKegg.

Dubas details first Maple Leafs trade, GM meeting: ‘I was scared' - Sportsnet.ca

Not even 1% similar to Amadio over Brooks.

Next.

The original poster said why take a chance on a similar player that wasn’t drafted and developed by the organization. Sure it was a trade not waivers, but that’s still taking a chance on a player that wasn’t drafted and developed by our organization in exchange for a player who was.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Feel like this is going off topic...so...

H0-sang is doing well I'd imagine and hopefully he brings it every night.

5 goals in 6 games is a pretty good start.

I’m hoping he earns himself a multi-year NHL contract. This Leafs team needs to be injected with more speed and skill on the wings. Ho-Sang has those qualities but obviously we want to see if he can earn his way to the NHL level.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
5 goals in 6 games is a pretty good start.

I’m hoping he earns himself a multi-year NHL contract. This Leafs team needs to be injected with more speed and skill on the wings. Ho-Sang has those qualities but obviously, we want to see if he can earn his way to the NHL level.
I agree for sure, I think his skill has been there, but it was always about his consistency and drive. I am uninformed about conditioning so I can not say or speculate. Biggest concern for me, is if he regresses back to old habits, because man is it so easy to go back to bad habits after feeling good for a while. You don't have to be a player to know that:D.

It's nice that he's in our system, so we clearly can watch in-depth and also get feedback quicker and hopefully stop him if he does, the upper brass only 10 minutes away. JFJ's biggest and maybe only positive was the AHL team being right in our neighborhood.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
The play would be to let him have 20-25 games then sign an NHL contract. If our 3/4 line can't score.. have to think we can get a bit of refresh wit Mikheyev coming back / Ho-Sang called up / Semeyonov called up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad