Confirmed with Link: Josh Ho-Sang signs AHL Contract

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good move. I'm sure he'll get a chance with the big club at some point.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Engvall and Mikheyev should be shaking in their skates. Ho-Sang will be gunning for an NHL position and along with Robertson, will be making those 2 expendable.

This is such a great example of how a well run organization benefits itself. The Leafs do a great job finding players to add to the pipeline. I'm really impressed.

Reactions: The Iceman

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I honestly thought they were gonna try to roll

Ritchie - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Ho-Sang
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Nylander

As the top 9. Him and Bunting seemed to play well together, at least from what I've seen, which wasn't as much as previous years.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Hidden value in this signing is that the Marlies top line could be Robertson x Ho-Sang.

Ho-Sang gets to prove his worth and work his way back to the NHL while also benefiting Robertson in a big development year. On paper they should be dynamite offensively.

Reactions: aingefan

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hidden value in this signing is that the Marlies top line could be Robertson x Ho-Sang.

Ho-Sang gets to prove his worth and work his way back to the NHL while also benefiting Robertson in a big development year. On paper they should be dynamite offensively.
I think I read that today (at least for parts of practice), they had Gogolev with the two of them.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I honestly thought they were gonna try to roll

Ritchie - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Ho-Sang
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Nylander

As the top 9. Him and Bunting seemed to play well together, at least from what I've seen, which wasn't as much as previous years.

There are 4 pairs you can probably write into the starting lineup
Mitch-Auston
Willy-JT
Kampf-Kase
Simmonds-Spezza

now fill in the blanks around them.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Engvall and Mikheyev should be shaking in their skates. Ho-Sang will be gunning for an NHL position and along with Robertson, will be making those 2 expendable.

This is such a great example of how a well run organization benefits itself. The Leafs do a great job finding players to add to the pipeline. I'm really impressed.

I think they aren't shaking. That's the problem. Both are on thin ice.

Ho Sang is as good a depth player who could work his way onto your top 3 lines for the dollar as you can get.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Mitch-Auston
Willy-JT
Kampf-Kase
Simmonds-Spezza

I don't want Simmonds-Spezza lol. Hopefully Simmonds can stay healthy because when he returned from injury he was a shell of himself.

Reactions: WinnieThePooh

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Interesting....honestly i probably would have put him in the Top 13 Forwards with his play so far.... as long as another team doesnt grab him its a good deal i guess

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
What kind of shape is he in...... Because the rest of the NHL, seems to be in pretty serious condition...His skating is pretty strong... I suspect he is in decent shape, but get this kid into Babcock NHL condition, and you could have a real dynamo there..

WinnieThePooh

Oct 5, 2021
Ritchie-Mitch-Auston
Willy-JT-Bunting
Mikheyev
-Kampf-Kase
Simmonds-Kerfoot-Spezza

I tried my best. I think I would prefer Engvall over Mik and Simmonds, though.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What kind of shape is he in...... Because the rest of the NHL, seems to be in pretty serious condition...His skating is pretty strong... I suspect he is in decent shape, but get this kid into Babcock NHL condition, and you could have a real dynamo there..

So he needs to be confused, standing around, and yelling at and blaming others for his failures? :sarcasm:

Reactions: griffon1

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
He's obviously put in the work and put in an honest effort with us. Hopefully the feel good story continues for the young man.

There are plenty of NHL teams that could use his skillset and he won't break the bank.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Marlies first line yesterday was Robertson--Mikeyev--Ho-Sang

A number of times he couldn't find the blueline in the defensive zone when Manitoba had the puck, pretty much making it a 5-on-4 for the Moose.

What's that saying about leopards and spots?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marlies first line yesterday was Robertson--Mikeyev--Ho-Sang

A number of times he couldn't find the blueline in the defensive zone when Manitoba had the puck, pretty much making it a 5-on-4 for the Moose.

What's that saying about leopards and spots?
well Mikheyev is out with an injury and not a Marlie, so maybe that's why it looked like a 5v4

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Excited to watch him again today at 4pm. AHLTV had a free preview and Leafs TV airs the home games for those interested.

What is the Marlies top line anyway?

Robertson-___-Ho-Sang???

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
What is the Marlies top line anyway?

Robertson-___-Ho-Sang???
Semyonov played in that spot yesterday. 3 points (although he was credited with 4 post game - I think they will remove the 4th point if they haven't already).

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Semyonov played in that spot yesterday. 3 points (although he was credited with 4 post game - I think they will remove the 4th point if they haven't already).[/QUOT

With Matthews back tomorrow Armadio is the logical healthy scratch.

No sense promoting Semyonov to be the extra forward.
BUT
I wonder if there is an injury how much more rope Armadio will have?
Haven't seen too much anything from him yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad