Trade: Josh Gordon (traded to Patriots for conditional 5th)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Sounds like the Browns were looking for a reason

Well when you're on a zero tolerance policy and the guy reinjures his hammy off the field and doesn't show up on time then yeah that's enough of a reason for the straw to break the camel's back after 5324 strikes against him already.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is ****ing stupid then.

You invest all that time in waiting for him to come back/helping him along only to cut him over a wonky hammy?

This is how trash teams stay trash.

showed up late to practice. He doesn't want to be there. It's so simple I don't get why people don't understand it. same recurring pattern of behaviour.

and now he's trying to control his trade destination. further confirmation he doesn't want to get better or stay in Cleveland. of course he wants to go to Dallas where smoking buds aint no thang.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
showed up late to practice. He doesn't want to be there. It's so simple I don't get why people don't understand it. same recurring pattern of behaviour.

and now he's trying to control his trade destination. further confirmation he doesn't want to get better or stay in Cleveland. of course he wants to go to Dallas where smoking buds aint no thang.

[Citation needed]

Reactions: Bob Richards

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Either keep the guy or don't, it's not a difficult decision. Showing up late to practice is shitty, but it's not a reason for cutting a dynamic player. Like I said, they were looking for a reason if this resulted in a cut. But yes, it's how bad teams stay bad.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Gordon wants to play for the Cowboys or the 49ers. As a Cowboys fan I hope he ends up in San Francisco.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd love to see what he could do with Shanahan and Jimmy G assuming he can get/stay on the field.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Either keep the guy or don't, it's not a difficult decision. Showing up late to practice is ****ty, but it's not a reason for cutting a dynamic player. Like I said, they were looking for a reason if this resulted in a cut. But yes, it's how bad teams stay bad.

Bad teams stay bad by keeping guys like Gordon around.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well when you're on a zero tolerance policy and the guy reinjures his hammy off the field and doesn't show up on time then yeah that's enough of a reason for the straw to break the camel's back after 5324 strikes against him already.

If he was even hurt. That remains to be seen.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
They do need a dynamic WR like him but they don't need him. Gordon is a cancer.

Agree they should've cut him ages ago.

Don't be stupid. They should have but they didn't, and then he was late to a meeting and now all of a sudden he's a cancer again? The Browns are the NFL's worst team and have been for some time. They've got the shittiest coaches who lie to the media and put out spin to make themselves look good and people like you eat it up. They're not in a position to fight a war over something trivial like this and they do it anyway because they can't stay out of their own way.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If they were lying about an injury or the other stuff that's been reported he or his agent would have been out there already saying something in his own defense.

The only things that have been reported are that he showed up late to a meeting and hurt his hamstring during a shoot, with the leaks (presumably by Hue's people) of "something not right" shot down pretty quickly. If he did anything more than tweak his hamstring, it'd wind up as an injury settlement rather than a release, and he'd fail a physical, preventing a trade. No idea why the Browns would stand by him after his drug abuse and recovery only to want to move on after something so incredibly minor.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would guess he ends up with the 49ers or Seahawks. Both NFC teams that have shown a willingness to make trades.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's crazy to me that the return might be just a midround pick. Even Kelvin Benjamin returned a 3 and a 6. I'd easily give up that and even throw in Curtis Samuel for good measure. But the Panthers probably aren't in on this. They'd rather go with Funchess, 2 mediocre vets, a rookie, and two guys who can't stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad