Trade: Josh Gordon (traded to Patriots for conditional 5th)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gordon was unhappy about his contract this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if he drove them to this point so he could go chase more money elsewhere.

If there's one thing Josh Gordon ISN'T, it's smart. Besides, considering he's already on triple secret probation, doing a bunch of different things that scream you're off the wagon isn't exactly the way to get a bigger contract.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So late to practice and have injury you suffered away from team

Yep easy to understand why Browns reached this point in relationship with him to move on. As I said most NFL teams would have moved on from Gordon long ago

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lol browns be browns.

‘We’re going to release him’

Every other team: ‘wow hey maybe we’d be interested for a late pick’

‘Oh. Ok’

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is unfortunate. Every time you think it's going well and he's back, something else seems to come up. Hopefully he's alright and gets a chance elsewhere.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
So late to practice and have injury you suffered away from team

Yep easy to understand why Browns reached this point in relationship with him to move on. As I said most NFL teams would have moved on from Gordon long ago

Not really. He's a freakish talented WR that basically costs nothing to keep.

There should be plenty of teams willing to take a flier on him.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So much for getting out of that contract and being able to choose the best personal and football situation for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

So much for getting out of that contract and being able to choose the best personal and football situation for him.

I was gonna say even with whatever this is, should still be able to trade him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
**** it i'll take a flyer on him.

Oh no wait sorry, Gase likes culture. And by culture, i mean overpaid white players who constantly underperform or are always injured.

Edit: Unless this is another drug issue. I have a hard time believing they'd cut him over just a sore hamstring, but i also am reminded of the fact this is the same Browns organization who tried to trade high-ish picks for AJ McCarron...and missed the trade deadline during their attempt.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I could see Jerry trading for him and having it blow up in his face

Every time ol' Jerrah trades for a big name WR it blows up in his face. In 2000 Jones traded 2 1st round picks to Seattle for Joey Galloway - those picks turned into Shaun Alexander ( # 19 in 2000 ) and Andre Carter ( # 7 in 2001 ). Not learning his lesson Jones tried again and traded 3 picks including a 2009 1st round pick to Detroit for Roy Williams which the Lions used on Brandon Pettigrew ( 20th overall ). Just stay with what you got for this season Jerry and use and early pick on a WR in the next draft.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Giants are the best fit. I don't see them doing that though.

With Gordon and OBJ on the field it's impossible to pack the box against Saquon or gameplan against either of them.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And so it ends for Gordon in Cleveland. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
And my guess is he bounces around to a few more teams over the next few seasons. Gordon is too good not to get opportunities. Even when playing drunk or out of shape, he's still often the best player on the field. He's not a guy with violent criminal problems, so teams will continue giving him shots.

He could have been one of the greats. Hall of Fame great. Watching him play when he was playing well was electric. He was worth the price of admission.

Gordon is an amazing cautionary tale. His addiction problems cost him $100 million. He and his family could have been set for generations if he could have held it together for five years or so. In addition to his own addiction problems, he also seemed to be surrounded by people who did nothing but help him fail drug tests. Damn shame.

Reactions: Sami Salo

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hope he lands on his feet somewhere good & he gets back to his previous level of play.

A hard-line team like the Pats would be perfect for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad