Trade: Josh Gordon (traded to Patriots for conditional 5th)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's crazy in some ways, but not in others. What other player who hasn't been productive since 2013 and is full of off-field issues is fetching any kind of return?

I like Gordon the talent as much as anyone.. but I'm also a bit skeptical of where he's actually at. I want to see him consistently catching balls for like, a month.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's crazy to me that the return might be just a midround pick. Even Kelvin Benjamin returned a 3 and a 6. I'd easily give up that and even throw in Curtis Samuel for good measure. But the Panthers probably aren't in on this. They'd rather go with Funchess, 2 mediocre vets, a rookie, and two guys who can't stay healthy.
If there are a number of teams bidding on him, I wonder if someone's offer of conditional return could turn into something decent if Gordon is active, healthy, and productive this whole season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good spot for him. I hope he stays healthy and clean because this could be very fun to watch.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Patriots love love love to pick up guys the Browns are done with.

I expect Brady to make Gordon an electric player. Some of Gordon's best play in his best season came from short, quick passes that he took for huge gains.

Reactions: Voight

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the minute he walks into the Pats lockeroom he is going to go "so this is what pro football is"...

I hate the Pats, but good for them, they know what guys to take chances on...

Reactions: Voight

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The Browns didn’t exactly have any leverage after they publicly announced that they were willing to let him go for nothing.

They had supposedly 8-10 teams lining up to acquire him. You'd think they could have pulled at least 3rd or 4th from one of them, especially after Kelvin Benjamin went for a 3rd last year. Gordon has his issues, but if they're truly behind them, this is robbery.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I've got him on a few of my Yahoo teams since I figured the Browns might surprise this year with all the roster turnover.

Gonna keep a closer eye now, as he may be in line for a hell of a lot more work.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Barely cost anything and I'm not super shocked the Pats would bring him in considering their current receiver corps. But I'll probably be more shocked if he actually sticks.

Has homerun potential but odds are low.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->