Trade: Josh Gordon (traded to Patriots for conditional 5th)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As a guy who took both Brady and Gordon in his pay league I'm pretty stoked about this. Hope Josh can stay focused and motivated.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The problem with the Jets WR core is they have guys that fill their roles, but no #1 guy. Enunwa, Anderson and Kearse would all fall into place perfectly on a depth chart if they had that WR1 to slot them all down a peg.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Robby Anderson was the 32nd highest ranked receiver last year by PFF. That's easily a #2 or low end #1.

He's got skills and has produced with no real QB, but when I think of "really good", I think of the top, like, 20 guys. Semantics, though.

The problem with the Jets WR core is they have guys that fill their roles, but no #1 guy. Enunwa, Anderson and Kearse would all fall into place perfectly on a depth chart if they had that WR1 to slot them all down a peg.

I agree with this.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
BB all positive about Gordon so far (wouldn't expect anything else), but I've got a good feeling about this move.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
How did you feel about OchoCinco?

The situation is different. Chad was at the end of his career but Gordon still has lots to give. I won't lie, I was excited about OchoCinco :laugh: but just didn't work out.

Patriots seem pretty committed to try and make Gordon work.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Continues to remind me of David Boston. One huge season, some flashes in other seasons, but too much stuff going on off-the-field.

And though it's not to Boston's level, Gordon's gotten pretty jacked up himself which isn't really important for his position and if anything will just hurt his cardio and speed.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sucks this came after his 100 YD game but I think he'll be fine. Pats are also more strict than any other team, he could have been late by 5 minutes for all we know.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Sucks this came after his 100 YD game but I think he'll be fine. Pats are also more strict than any other team, he could have been late by 5 minutes for all we know.
I suspect if it was anything anyone else would consider "serious", he'd be getting a bigger punishment then sitting (roughly) the first quarter of a Bills game.

Still not good, but I'm not ready to be angry/frustrated/disappointed about it yet, especially with how well he's played & that Brady clearly trusts him to throw some of the 50/50 balls he has thrown to him. I'd say Brady has trusted less than half of the WRs that have come through here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Maybe he'll turn it around, but Gordon kind of looks like a non-factor out there these days. Not as explosive, very poor tracking of the ball on the deep play last night, and there have been concerns about his conditioning. No surprise the Pats are looking at other WRs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad