Trade: Josh Gordon (traded to Patriots for conditional 5th)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Maybe he'll turn it around, but Gordon kind of looks like a non-factor out there these days. Not as explosive, very poor tracking of the ball on the deep play last night, and there have been concerns about his conditioning. No surprise the Pats are looking at other WRs.

Stand by this from a couple months back. Hope he gets his life together, but he's done as an NFL player. Wasn't a difference maker anymore and don't see why a team would bother with him.

member 157595

I'd be through-the-roof shocked if any team bothered with him ever again. It's not worth it.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Not NFL fault that Gordon is idiot

100% blame on Gordon not NFL or anyone else

In real world most people don't get even a 2nd chance and this was his what 6th , 7th chance?
You're pathetic. Calling someone who is clearly an addict that has struggled with all kinds of things throughout his life (read about his life and educate yourself for once) an idiot because he can't stay clean is disgraceful.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
You're pathetic. Calling someone who is clearly an addict that has struggled with all kinds of things throughout his life (read about his life and educate yourself for once) an idiot because he can't stay clean is disgraceful.
I understand, but how many chances is he supposed to get?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he's always going to be a huge "what-if"

definitely one of the most talented WRs we've seen in recent memory. i would love to know how his career would have turned out if he hadn't had all of these off field issues

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I understand, but how many chances is he supposed to get?
I have no issue with teams not giving him another chance.

I 100% have an issue with calling someone with addiction issues an idiot because he can't get clean. That's f***ing ridiculous and a clear sign to me that you have no idea what you are talking about [mod]

Reactions: Bob Richards

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Meh, trying to PR Spin another failed drug test. He's finished, probably a wrap on his career.

i will say it's dumb how you can't puff in 2018.....but Gordon's on chance #97 at this point.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
he's always going to be a huge "what-if"

definitely one of the most talented WRs we've seen in recent memory. i would love to know how his career would have turned out if he hadn't had all of these off field issues
He was going to be a Hall of Famer, no question. Dude was amazing, and he was playing drunk and/high every game. Look at his QBs, coaches, and teammates, and then look st his numbers when he was on the field a few years back.

He’s a sad cautionary tale. His addiction problems cost him a career and at least $100 million.

I find it sad because you know he’s going to be broke in 18 months or less.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The best people can hope for is he goes on to live a demon free life eventually.

I understand why the NFL is forced to drop the hammer on him again but God damn what a waste. The guy clearly has some problems and it was enough to rob him of what would have likely been a legacy of a hall of Famer.

I imagine he finds his way to one of those spring leagues coming and wol probably try to prove to the NFL again. The cycle continues until he gets help

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
There were only two outcomes for New England. Either he was going to relapse again or he was going to figure it out. With Brady and Gronk looking older, you can see why they were desperate to roll the dice on Gordon.

The man has already admitted to dabbling in more than just THE WEED throughout the years as well. So much that he was bounced from the NFL Draft altogether. He has been given every opportunity imaginable and screwed up every single time. He's done.

I just hope he can figure it out before it's too late.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Time to slow down on the "he was a lock for the HOF" for Gordon. Plenty of players have had one amazing season and then a middling career aside from it. The guy I compared him to earlier in this thread was David Boston whose career mirrored Gordon's in many ways and he had one amazing season as well.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I think it is important to note it was a lot more than weed in Gordon's case.

He was doing xanax in grade 8, coke in high school. Was part of a gang, shot at people as part of initiation, sold drugs throughout college. His life was/is incredibly troubled. It's not just as if he is a stoner who can't put down a joint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad