Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Brook is just sick. 11 pts in the last 7 games, he's 1 assist shy of being at an assist per game. In 45 games, 18 have been multi-point with 5 of those being 3 or more. On top of that he's been a model of consistency, only 2 times this season has he gone more then 1 game without a point. He's had a 2 and a 3 game pointless streak all year.
Have you seen a lot of game of his this season ? I've caught him two times, I think (To scout Tracey, a kid you should watch for if you ever do, 2019 draft eligible.) and I've seen a fairly solid kid defensively, he seems to rush and pinch with a lot more effectiveness than he did last year or the year prior, what do you think?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Have you seen a lot of game of his this season ? I've caught him two times, I think (To scout Tracey, a kid you should watch for if you ever do, 2019 draft eligible.) and I've seen a fairly solid kid defensively, he seems to rush and pinch with a lot more effectiveness than he did last year or the year prior, what do you think?

i've seen a few MJ games this year but more earlier on in the season. He made some defensive mistakes but I've never had a problem with his defensive game as I think it's solid just that his offensive game is much better. I think he's one of those types that does just about everything really well. He needs to fill out more, get stronger of course, not an issue just what you would expect for most 19 year olds. I think he could stand some improvement on his defensive game, not that he needs it, but if he's going to be a #1 down the road then it would help him get there. That's why I hope we don't rush him next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he forces his way onto the team unless there is a surprise to the roster from the TD or off-season.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Game is televised on Sportsnet’s right now. Brook with a brutal turnover that let to a goal.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
It's not so much the give away, they happen to everyone.

It's the response, his next shift, to me that's the better indicator of a lot of things.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
It's not so much the give away, they happen to everyone.

It's the response, his next shift, to me that's the better indicator of a lot of things.
Criticism is not even a bad thing. He will be a good player. Heck he prolly even learned from that. Head up and control the play, the puck is not a hot potato

Reactions: habergeon

Jul 6, 2016
Brook gonna need at least one full season at AHL level, and Juulsen - if 100% - could start next season in Laval too. So let's keep all out actual RHD, even Folin.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook gonna need at least one full season at AHL level, and Juulsen - if 100% - could start next season in Laval too. So let's keep all out actual RHD, even Folin.

I think Brook could easily have played this year in the NHL and done well. I expect him to have a strong camp and this management team seems to like to rush prospects so I could certainly see him on the team next year, if not from the start then at some point later on.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Juulsen, hopefully he's 100%, just worried about that for now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Juulsen will replace Benn on the bottom pairing next season. Brook will start in the AHL... unless he is shows up to camp and out performs Juulsen who is more matured in terms of pro experience. The other guy to watch out for is Fleury.

Mete / Weber
???? / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen

Kulak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad