Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
Also of note; Josh Brook is on pace for the best season statistically for WHL D since at least 1997. I went as far back as the WHL site goes and nobody has a higher PPG than his right now. (1.32)

Better numbers than guys like Kale Clague, Travis Sanheim, Cal Foote, Ivan Provorov, Tyson Barrie, and Duncan Keith at the same age.

Doubt he keeps up the pace but he's having an incredibly dominant season.

Kurtz has a 1.40 in the 95-96, though only 53 games
Use EP : Elite Prospects - WHL Stats 1995-1996

Reactions: Stive Morgan

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Also of note; Josh Brook is on pace for the best season statistically for WHL D since at least 1997. I went as far back as the WHL site goes and nobody has a higher PPG than his right now. (1.32)

Better numbers than guys like Kale Clague, Travis Sanheim, Cal Foote, Ivan Provorov, Tyson Barrie, and Duncan Keith at the same age.

Doubt he keeps up the pace but he's having an incredibly dominant season.

Do you recall how often players around that PPG and at that age, not pan out into a top 4D ?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Do you recall how often players around that PPG and at that age, not pan out into a top 4D ?

If it does happen, I will assume it’s directly correlated to lack of size or skating ability, of which Brook is fine.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
It's great to have a player like Brook in the pipeline. Especially with concerns regarding Juulsen's future.

Reactions: montreal

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
No clue it was even possible to be disrespected this much
Moose Jaw keeper stopped 47 shots for the first star. I'm guessing the second star was a homer pick (3pts) and the third star also had 2g and 2a. Not really a disrespect as much as you'd think.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Still my favourite prospect. Might not be NHL ready next year necessarily but I think with some time he'll be a great one for us.

I think he could have played in the NHL this year and done well, but I really hope they don't put him in the NHL next year unless he's unreal at camp/preseason and even then I would hope they take caution as he could be a great player for us.

Reactions: Tyson

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think he could have played in the NHL this year and done well, but I really hope they don't put him in the NHL next year unless he's unreal at camp/preseason and even then I would hope they take caution as he could be a great player for us.

If he stands out in camp I don’t see any harm starting him as a third pair RD behind Weber & Petry, talk about being insolated by great players. He could be an excellent option on the 2nd PP too.

No rush though, no harm in him going to AHL next season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he stands out in camp I don’t see any harm starting him as a third pair RD behind Weber & Petry, talk about being insolated by great players. He could be an excellent option on the 2nd PP too.

No rush though, no harm in him going to AHL next season.

If Juulsen's career ends up in question then I could fully see him making the team, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it over Juulsen either way but my hope would be that if Juulsen is 100% that they would go with him to give Brook time to adjust to the AHL and get some time in with Bouchard.

I'm just so against messing with players confidence, would prefer they take caution but they might not be able to as he's that good imo that they could be forced to keep him up. For now it's certainly hard to guess since we have no clue on Juulsen's future and I don't know anything about the RD they just traded for.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Moose Jaw keeper stopped 47 shots for the first star. I'm guessing the second star was a homer pick (3pts) and the third star also had 2g and 2a. Not really a disrespect as much as you'd think.
Brook had the game winner and he’s a D with 4pts on 4 goals. Anyways, I’m not losing sleep over this, it’s a 3 star selection

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If Juulsen's career ends up in question then I could fully see him making the team, I wouldn't be surprised if he made it over Juulsen either way but my hope would be that if Juulsen is 100% that they would go with him to give Brook time to adjust to the AHL and get some time in with Bouchard.

I'm just so against messing with players confidence, would prefer they take caution but they might not be able to as he's that good imo that they could be forced to keep him up. For now it's certainly hard to guess since we have no clue on Juulsen's future and I don't know anything about the RD they just traded for.

It’s going to be interesting to see how it all comes together, that’s for sure. One thing for sure is that we’re stacked at RD right now and we should be looking to upgrade LD.

Reactions: montreal

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I have a strange feeling he's going to be dealt at some point before playing a game for the Habs. I like him a lot and I can't tell you why I feel that way but I just do haha

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Brook looks like another 2nd D pick who ended up having a great career- Habs have a few who became great players
Robinson
Langway
Chelios
Desjardins
Brisebois
Subban

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Selling the older, more expansive guys should be the goal.

I thought that too not that long ago, but you know what we still have time with those guys. I think that if we can acquire a legitimate Top-pairing LD this team could play with any team in the league so long as Price is on his game which it appears he is again finally.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

If you are right about him being able to play in the NHL this year, he will be in the NHL next year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I thought that too not that long ago, but you know what we still have time with those guys. I think that if we can acquire a legitimate Top-pairing LD this team could play with any team in the league so long as Price is on his game which it appears he is again finally.
We could potentially still play with any team in the leagur if we traded Petry for help elsewhere, as we did it Weber less earlier this year, and considering Weber is better than Petry and that our kids will have more experience next year, its a no brainer.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
The one thing that we rarely see from him is a slapper or a one-timer. His playmaking is next level, but I'm not sure his shot is going to net him as many goals in the pros against really good goalies. In any event, his shot can't be worse than "fluffy pillow" Mete. ;)

Reactions: Chr1s97

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The one thing that we rarely see from him is a slapper or a one-timer. His playmaking is next level, but I'm not sure his shot is going to net him as many goals in the pros against really good goalies. In any event, his shot can't be worse than "fluffy pillow" Mete. ;)
Hes not a clapper type of guy. He produces offense with his skating and quick mind, think Josi.

Reactions: FrankMTL

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hes not a clapper type of guy. He produces offense with his skating and quick mind, think Josi.
Not a bad comparison
I was thinking in terms of being a threat on the PP like Karlsson, who has a great shot. For example, he can run the PP but won't be the guy that finishes the play like Petry or Weber. We certainly need what Brook will bring, but if we are identifying a soft spot in the game, this is really all I can think of.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not a bad comparison
I was thinking in terms of being a threat on the PP like Karlsson, who has a great shot. For example, he can run the PP but won't be the guy that finishes the play like Petry or Weber. We certainly need what Brook will bring, but if we are identifying a soft spot in the game, this is really all I can think of.

We have plenty of big clappers alreadt. Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Fleury all have absolute bombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad