Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What do you mean 'still' in the NHL...he's in the WHL right now and eligible for the AHL only next year.

What's wrong with him doing 2 years instead of 1?
But Petry has two more years, so if Brook is still in the AHL after two years (meaning into his third pro year) then he will have proven to be not as good as we are hoping.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
But Petry has two more years, so if Brook is still in the AHL after two years (meaning into his third pro year) then he will have proven to be not as good as we are hoping.

You missed my edit because you're quick at replying:

What's wrong with him doing 2 years instead of 1? This organization has a history of rushing prospects, we're in a position where we might be forced to overdevelop one by leaving him in the AHL for an extra year (which I think might help with the expansion draft as well) so we should take advantage of it.

I think based on that, Brooks would be entering the NHL when he is 22 years old and 3 months. But yeah...if he is good then no point on keeping him down just because of a lack of room on RD.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You missed my edit because you're quick at replying:

I think based on that, Brooks would be entering the NHL when he is 22 years old and 3 months. But yeah...if he is good then no point on keeping him down just because of a lack of room on RD.
I was responding to the idea that Brooks be kept in Laval for a third year while we keep Juulsen and Fleury ahead of him. If this happened, it would be because Brook would not be the "stud prospect" many think he is.

And by the way, keeping any of these defencemen in Laval changes nothing for their expansion draft status.

Juulsen and Fleury need to be protected in 2021, while Brook, Tyszka and Romanov do not need to be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Let's please see a D corps set-up that doesn't involve Mete as first pairing, by the end of the summer.

I'm OK with Mete with Weber for now. With me, they can be the 2nd pairing if (big if) we can find a stud to play with Petry.

I don't see any short term solutions. We have to wait to see how good Romanov is

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I was responding to the idea that Brooks be kept in Laval for a third year while we keep Juulsen and Fleury ahead of him. If this happened, it would be because Brook would not be the "stud prospect" many think he is.

And by the way, keeping any of these defencemen in Laval changes nothing for their expansion draft status.

Juulsen and Fleury need to be protected in 2021, while Brook, Tyszka and Romanov do not need to be

I see, that's good news.

I see what you mean now regarding Brooks, I kind of had to draw it out.

2019-20:
Petry's 2nd last year
Juulsen in the NHL
Fleury in the AHL
Brooks in the AHL

2020-21:
Petry's last year <---- trade or re-sign him at this point depending on Juulsen
Juulsen in the NHL <---evaluate his progression and make a decision to keep him or trade him
Fleury in the AHL
Brooks in the AHL

2021-22:
Run with Weber (lock), Petry/Juulsen and Fleury/Brooks (one of the bottom 4 forced into LD)

Mete - Weber
Juulsen - Brooks
XXX - Fleury

Idk

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I saw Brook last night live again yesterday. He got an assist on the first goal, I cheered loudly and got many a dark glance. Even though he got a couple penalties, I like watching him everytime

Reactions: bleuetbio

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I see, that's good news.

I see what you mean now regarding Brooks, I kind of had to draw it out.

2019-20:
Petry's 2nd last year
Juulsen in the NHL
Fleury in the AHL
Brooks in the AHL

2020-21:
Petry's last year <---- trade or re-sign him at this point depending on Juulsen
Juulsen in the NHL <---evaluate his progression and make a decision to keep him or trade him
Fleury in the AHL
Brooks in the AHL

2021-22:
Run with Weber (lock), Petry/Juulsen and Fleury/Brooks (one of the bottom 4 forced into LD)

Mete - Weber
Juulsen - Brooks
XXX - Fleury

Idk

I can see us not protecting Weber and who knows how Petry looks at age 33 in his last contract year. It's very possible that Mete, Juulsen, and Fleury are the D man we protect but I guess a lot depends on how the next 2 seasons go.

Taking Weber and Petry out of the picture... it projects like this.. If they develop well and live up to hype, it's not so bad.

Romanov / Brook
Mete / Juulsen
???? / Fleury

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I can see us not protecting Weber and who knows how Petry looks at age 33 in his last contract year. It's very possible that Mete, Juulsen, and Fleury are the D man we protect but I guess a lot depends on how the next 2 seasons go.

Taking Weber and Petry out of the picture... it projects like this.. If they develop well and live up to hype, it's not so bad.

Romanov / Brook
Mete / Juulsen
???? / Fleury

If the lineup you posted ends up happening, Timmins should go and buy a lottery ticket so he can retire.

Reactions: Deebs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol Petry is not a number one D

Neither is Ellis and he is playing top pairing with the Preds. Hyman plays top line with the Leafs... do we call him a top line forward? How about Palat on the Lightning? Another top line forward? How about Mayfield with the Islanders? Top pairing guy? Simek and Heed with the Sharks?

Go somewhere else with your mediocre post reply trying to belittle someone. I think you either overlook the point of dealing with what you have and trying to find the best chemistry fit or you want to try to belittle another poster. It's one or the other and in both cases, you don't look good. lol. Nice try

Make an attempt at trying to understand the point please. I know you can do it if you try

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Neither is Ellis and he is playing top pairing with the Preds. Hyman plays top line with the Leafs... do we call him a top line forward? How about Palat on the Lightning? Another top line forward? How about Mayfield with the Islanders? Top pairing guy? Simek and Heed with the Sharks?

Go somewhere else with your mediocre post reply trying to belittle someone. I think you either overlook the point of dealing with what you have and trying to find the best chemistry fit or you want to try to belittle another poster. It's one or the other and in both cases, you don't look good. lol. Nice try

Make an attempt at trying to understand the point please. I know you can do it if you try
What do all these ridiculously bad examples have in common?

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What do all these ridiculously bad examples have in common?

Easy answer... Your oversight and belittle attempts where you overlook the point on purpose is what's common. Your focus is not a hockey conversation, it's always a controversial approach which leads to nowhere. It's weird how you point the finger and don't understand how you look the other way. I guess you are the culture on HF boards and you can't help yourself.

Petry is a above average top 4D and below average top 2D but he can play top pairing depending on who he is paired with. This is not rocket science and you understand it I am sure but like I said... you can't help yourself.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Few words

They play with elite players.

Are we going to find a Josi caliber D to pair with Petry?

The post you replied to was "if we can find a Stud to play with Petry". Told you buddy... you just have to make an attempt to read everything and avoid the belittle attempt. But I've been telling you this for a long time now... you just simply can't help yourself in your belittle attempts. I am going to give you a hard time about this cause you deserve it.

We have come full circle.... This was what I said. "if (big if) we can find a stud to play with Petry" How the hell did you miss this? lol

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The post you replied to was "if we can find a Stud to play with Petry". Told you buddy... you just have to make an attempt to read everything and avoid the belittle attempt. But I've been telling you this for a long time now... you just simply can't help yourself in your belittle attempts. I am going to give you a hard time about this cause you deserve it.

We have come full circle.... This was what I said. "if (big if) we can find a stud to play with Petry" How the hell did you miss this? lol
If we can find a number one D, an elite one at that.

As if these things actually happened.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we can find a number one D, an elite one at that.

As if these things actually happened.

Your moving the goal posts now though right? First you purposely overlooked the point of pairing Petry with a stud and saying Petry is not a top pairing D man. Now you are saying it's almost impossible to find a elite #1D. It would be nice to get a elite #1D but what we need is a stud. Is Josi a elite #1D? I would say he is a top pairing stud but not sure I would call him elite level. Definitely a debate on weather he is elite level or not IMO. But he is most certainly a top pairing D man.

Who knows how good Romanov will be. It's it impossible for him to be a top pairing guy and he fits with Petry in terms of chemistry? NO, that is not impossible.

What's very unlikely is if we are able to steal a potential top pairing D man from another team. That's why I said "big if" but you missed that on purpose cause you had your belittle goggles on :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In terms of overall game (Skating and mobility, puck moving skills, shut down D ability, offensive skills)... Who's better? Brook or Bouchard?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Currently, Brook. Long term, likely Bouchard. Brook has closed the gap a lot though.

Why do you think Bouchard long term? I actually think Brook looks better in terms of skating/mobility and that is really important. The only thing I would say Bouchard is better at is scoring goals with his big shot.

Drafted in different draft years but only 4 months in age difference.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Why do you think Bouchard long term? I actually think Brook looks better in terms of skating/mobility and that is really important. The only thing I would say Bouchard is better at is scoring goals with his big shot.

Drafted in different draft years but only 4 months in age difference.

I'm still a lot higher on him than most. I see him as having an NHL ready game and other than speed I see his holes as fixable. It's not a huge gap but I just see his play style transferring better.

That and Edmonton needs him to be top pairing or they are screwed lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm still a lot higher on him than most. I see him as having an NHL ready game and other than speed I see his holes as fixable. It's not a huge gap but I just see his play style transferring better.

That and Edmonton needs him to be top pairing or they are screwed lol

I think Bouchard's skating needs to improve. It was noticeable in the WJC. His game is build like Weber IMO and it has value but not as much value as the past. There is a movement towards teams going after big bodies on D but guys that can skate.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think Bouchard's skating needs to improve. It was noticeable in the WJC. His game is build like Weber IMO and it has value but not as much value as the past. There is a movement towards teams going after big bodies on D but guys that can skate.

Absolutely. If Bouchard doesn't reach his ceiling, it'll be completely on his poor skating and below average hockey IQ. He's got everything else that a legit top d needs except those.

I agree though. I don't think he will ever have good NHL skating.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Absolutely. If Bouchard doesn't reach his ceiling, it'll be completely on his poor skating and below average hockey IQ. He's got everything else that a legit top d needs except those.

I agree though. I don't think he will ever have good NHL skating.
Hes got everything but the two most important skills needed.

Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad