Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you are right about him being able to play in the NHL this year, he will be in the NHL next year.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's in the NHL next year, I hope they at least give him some AHL games but we need to see how the roster shapes up, how he does at camp/preseason.

The one thing that we rarely see from him is a slapper or a one-timer. His playmaking is next level, but I'm not sure his shot is going to net him as many goals in the pros against really good goalies. In any event, his shot can't be worse than "fluffy pillow" Mete. ;)

As others said he's got a good wrister but I like how he's the anti Beaulieu in that he's really good at getting his shots through vs the Beaulieu special right in a players shin pads.

I think his best asset is puck moving/rushing ability, he's got the speed, skating, mobility that you want for today's NHL to go with the skill, smarts to be a very good player imo.

I think if he can develop into a 10-15 goal, 40-50 point defenseman, most of us would be thrilled.

that's around what I could see if everything lines up for him. A 50ish pt player in his prime.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's in the NHL next year, I hope they at least give him some AHL games but we need to see how the roster shapes up, how he does at camp/preseason.

As others said he's got a good wrister but I like how he's the anti Beaulieu in that he's really good at getting his shots through vs the Beaulieu special right in a players shin pads.

I think his best asset is puck moving/rushing ability, he's got the speed, skating, mobility that you want for today's NHL to go with the skill, smarts to be a very good player imo.

that's around what I could see if everything lines up for him. A 50ish pt player in his prime.

So like a no.1D. Ok. I will take it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A lot mobile, solid dmen in the pipeline.

Romanov Brook
Mete Juulsen
Harris Fleury

Romanov and Brook look to be the ones with offensive potential. But being solid, mobile dmen that can cover the ice well with their speed and move the puck well is the priority imo.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Wondering if we should sell high on Petry and let Brook/Romanov/Fleury/Harris take over in the near future

Brook is definitely the most NHL-ready D prospect we have, perhaps in the entire world. Wouldn't be surprised if he skips the AHL entirely.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Not opposed to selling Petry to make room for Brook, but it is premature do that now without knowing what we have in Brook. Them playing on the same roster for a season or 2 until we figure it out only makes sense.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
When the time is right. Trade off Petry and let Brook shine in the NHL. Im talking some years down the road when hes fully ready to be a difference maker.
Agree, when Brook is ready, 1 of Fleury or Juulsen will most definitely be eating up valuable minutes with the big club, it would be the logical move to make.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It will be interesting to watch Juulsen, Fleury, Brook battle for a spot next year.
It could be that one of the first two gets traded for help on the left side of the D and I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

Of course, when I say help, I’m talking 25yr old or less impactful player and the trade would have to include 2 to 3 pieces to aquire such a player.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It could be that one of the first two gets traded for help on the left side of the D and I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

Of course, when I say help, I’m talking 25yr old or less impactful player and the trade would have to include 2 to 3 pieces to aquire such a player.

I'm open to pretty much any trade if it makes sense from a organization strength to weakness standpoint. Trading one of Juulsen, Brook, or Fleury... I'm down with it if we get a better piece than Reilly on the LD side.

Not many in the league are going to trade us a LD that is for sure better than the young and improving Reilly. I don't think the Oilers trade Nurse but that is the piece I would like to add. Or Zadorov with the Avs.

Reactions: jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
PK Subban D+2 Season- 56 GP- 14 G 62 A= 76 Points (1.35 Pts/G)

Josh Brook D+2 Season- 44 GP- 14 G 43 A= 57 Points (1.30 Pts/G)

Again, not necessarily comparing them, but Subban was the last defense prospect that we had that dominated in the CHL. Brook will be a beauty.

He's now even more comparable to Roman Josi, according to Smashville fans.

Locks

May 28, 2005
I'm open to pretty much any trade if it makes sense from a organization strength to weakness standpoint. Trading one of Juulsen, Brook, or Fleury... I'm down with it if we get a better piece than Reilly on the LD side.

Not many in the league are going to trade us a LD that is for sure better than the young and improving Reilly. I don't think the Oilers trade Nurse but that is the piece I would like to add. Or Zadorov with the Avs.

Brook IMO is untouchable. While we have several good PMD's with some offensive ability in Fluery, Juulsen, Romanov, Harris in addition to Mete already on the team, none of them at this point has shown the sheer offensive upside of Brook. Brook has the potential to be that true offensive dman and PP quarterback and our best hope to really replace what Andrei used to bring.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook is just sick. 11 pts in the last 7 games, he's 1 assist shy of being at an assist per game. In 45 games, 18 have been multi-point with 5 of those being 3 or more. On top of that he's been a model of consistency, only 2 times this season has he gone more then 1 game without a point. He's had a 2 and a 3 game pointless streak all year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Brook is just sick. 11 pts in the last 7 games, he's 1 assist shy of being at an assist per game. In 45 games, 18 have been multi-point with 5 of those being 3 or more. On top of that he's been a model of consistency, only 2 times this season has he gone more then 1 game without a point. He's had a 2 and a 3 game pointless streak all year.
Habs May have stolen one in the 2nd round. Let’s hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad