Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
From what I'm reading Josh Brook will be a very good nhl defenseman. He's comparable to Ryan Mcdonagh at that age. I'm not saying hell be as good buy he sounds like he'll be in the nhl.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Any chance he's added to the Black Aces assuming the Habs make the playoffs?

yes, I would think so.

From what I'm reading Josh Brook will be a very good nhl defenseman. He's comparable to Ryan Mcdonagh at that age. I'm not saying hell be as good buy he sounds like he'll be in the nhl.

I watched a good bit of both at the same age, McDonagh's game was more physical and better in his own end, Brook's game is based off his excellent mobility, offensive skills, puck rushing abilities.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Pretty excited to see how Laval does next year with Poehling, Suzuki, Brook and more experienced players in Fleury and Evans.

Yeah I guess Poehling's looking like more a possibility. Teasdale too. I think Teasdale's game can translate. how well I'm not sure but easily the most exciting time for propsects on our farm in I don't know how many years.

Reactions: Vachon23 and cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty excited to see how Laval does next year with Poehling, Suzuki, Brook and more experienced players in Fleury and Evans.

Teasdale joining the group as well. How good is this free agent signing?

- 38 pts with 19 goals in 37 games with Armada
- 32 pts with 19 goals in 20 games with the Huskies
- Combine totals of 70 pts and 38 goals in 57 games.

The other thing to consider with the Rocket is that's a lot of rookie injection. If they produce and make the team better, that's even more impressive.

Reactions: cphabs

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Teasdale joining the group as well. How good is this free agent signing?

- 38 pts with 19 goals in 37 games with Armada
- 32 pts with 19 goals in 20 games with the Huskies
- Combine totals of 70 pts and 38 goals in 57 games.

Pretty impressive for a 19 year old D man right?

The other thing to consider with the Rocket is that's a lot of rookie injection. If they produce and make the team better, that's even more impressive.

Teasdale is a winger.

Unless you are talking about someone else...

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bold prediction is that Brook is the most ready NHL prospect we have and could make the jump as early as next season. If the Habs make the playoffs I am sure he is called up as one of the black aces

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Bold prediction is that Brook is the most ready NHL prospect we have and could make the jump as early as next season. If the Habs make the playoffs I am sure he is called up as one of the black aces
I believe It’s Juulsen’s spot, assuming he’s healthy.

Brook in the AHL to start makes too much sense. If he’s as good as he’s shown in the WHL, he’ll probably make Petry expendable by next years trade deadline, a dream scenario.

Another dream scenario is he adapts at playing the left side and plays with Weber

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was trying to look this up but thats gotta be close to elite stats for a defenceman in WHL?

I posted this in the prospect thread a week or so ago for recent WHL/OHL defensemen. Brook at 71 pts and a 1.27 ppg in 56 games.

Anthony DeAngelo - 55 games, 89 pts, 1.62 ppg (2014-2015)

Evan Bouchard - 67 games, 87 pts, 1.3 ppg (2017-2018)

Connor Hobbs - 67 games, 85 pts, 1.27 ppg (2016-2017)

David Quenneville - 70 games, 80 pts, 1.14 ppg (2017-2018)

Shea Theodore - 70 games, 79 pts, 1.13 ppg (2013-2014)

Nic Hague - 67 games, 78 pts, 1.16 ppg (2017-2018)

Josh Morrissey - 59 games, 73 pts, 1.24 ppg (2013-2014)

Reactions: CHarlie

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Juulsen will replace Benn on the bottom pairing next season. Brook will start in the AHL... unless he is shows up to camp and out performs Juulsen who is more matured in terms of pro experience. The other guy to watch out for is Fleury.

Mete / Weber
???? / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen

Kulak

Let's please see a D corps set-up that doesn't involve Mete as first pairing, by the end of the summer.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Let's please see a D corps set-up that doesn't involve Mete as first pairing, by the end of the summer.
He's been doing very lately. If that's the Mete we see next year, which is plausible, given his age and development, so far, he 100% has his spot in the top four.

The biggest problem is after him. Rielly/Kulak are 7th defenders and they currently are #2 and #3 on the LD depth chart, thats ridiculously bad.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm always hesitant about WHL numbers, but Brook has looked fairly legit this year.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Stud prospect , #1 for the habs for sure. I see him as between Petry and Carlson type of player.

Jul 6, 2016
Brook is our future #1 or #2 RD. Juulsen hopefully, will recover fully and be a solid #2 RD or a great #3 at worst. Fleury could also mix the cards on the right side.

Reactions: jaffy27

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Brook is our future #1 or #2 RD. Juulsen hopefully, will recover fully and be a solid #2 RD or a great #3 at worst. Fleury could also mix the cards on the right side.
Even if we trade Petry, even if we trade Weber, we can't have 3 RD that are all born 1997 to 1999, plus Mete on the LD. Need some experience so one or more of the young RD will eventually get traded.

Reactions: Vachon23

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Even if we trade Petry, even if we trade Weber, we can't have 3 RD that are all born 1997 to 1999, plus Mete on the LD. Need some experience so one or more of the young RD will eventually get traded.

By the time Petry's contract is over, Juulsen will be 24 so if it looks like he can take that #4RD spot then Petry can walk (or traded as a rental). If he's not progressing then you extend Petry, trade Juulsen and let Fleury take the 3rd pairing RD spot while Brooks does time in the AHL.

Can that work?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
By the time Petry's contract is over, Juulsen will be 24 so if it looks like he can take that #4RD spot then Petry can walk (or traded as a rental). If he's not progressing then you extend Petry, trade Juulsen and let Fleury take the 3rd pairing RD spot while Brooks does time in the AHL.

Can that work?
If Brook is still in the AHL after two full pro years, then he will be not as good as hoped.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If Brook is still in the AHL after two full pro years, then he will be not as good as hoped.

What do you mean 'still' in the NHL...he's in the WHL right now and eligible for the AHL only next year.

What's wrong with him doing 2 years instead of 1? This organization has a history of rushing prospects, we're in a position where we might be forced to overdevelop one by leaving him in the AHL for an extra year (which I think might help with the expansion draft as well) so we should take advantage of it.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad