Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No really, we should compete for the cup and keep Petry until he fumbles, loses value, we get into a logjam on the right side and finally we have to get rid of him for far less and unsurprisingly, we dont win the cup.

This is a much better solution.
We should compete now and build for the future, too!

It has never worked but well do it right this time though

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If Juulsen is not ready next year hell never be ready. Brook and fleury are also knocking really loudly on the door of that 2nd pair Rd spot, theres enough depth there that we can use Petry to get a youngster that will hhelp us elsewhere.

Juulsen is 21, he played only 34 games in the ahl and 40ish in the nhl, i think its very premature to say its top 4 next year or bust. Hes still pretty green. Same thing for Brook and Fleury, it would be a surprise for me if they could play top 4 next year. I am all for trading Petry when the timing will be right, but i dont think that its a good idea to trade him before one of the youngster is really ready to take his place.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
There's no denying that at the same stage of their career Brook > Juulsen and the difference is not marginal.

Their play style is nothing comparable. Juulsen never put up points the same way or showed the ability to take over games like Brook. Juulsen is solid defensively and doesn't out himself to make mistakes. Really bad comparables.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here's Brook's OT winner. What a shot.

FnyFUhf.gif

I've also made sure MB gets the message. :sarcasm:

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Also of note; Josh Brook is on pace for the best season statistically for WHL D since at least 1997. I went as far back as the WHL site goes and nobody has a higher PPG than his right now. (1.32)

Better numbers than guys like Kale Clague, Travis Sanheim, Cal Foote, Ivan Provorov, Tyson Barrie, and Duncan Keith at the same age.

Doubt he keeps up the pace but he's having an incredibly dominant season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MB made it pretty clear in his presser a month ago that if GM's are calling asking about his prospects from the WJC, it will be a short call.

It would take something very significant for MB to even consider moving any of them.

His plan is to get younger and faster. Brook falls into that category. And by faster, it's not about being a speed demon, but more about being a good skater and a smart player. Brook qualifies for all of that.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Also of note; Josh Brook is on pace for the best season statistically for WHL D since at least 1997. I went as far back as the WHL site goes and nobody has a higher PPG than his right now. (1.32)

Better numbers than guys like Kale Clague, Travis Sanheim, Cal Foote, Ivan Provorov, Tyson Barrie, and Duncan Keith at the same age.

Doubt he keeps up the pace but he's having an incredibly dominant season.

It kind of really shows how impressive Smith is too. He's pacing Brook, in his D+1 all while being the leading scorer on his team. What a steal by the Devils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad