Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Brook is very talented but not only offensively . He was playing against the big opposite trios while he was playing on his offside and did very well . Witch other dman of the team would have been able to do this role as well as Brook ?
Fair point. Thanks.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Here are Josh Brook's comments on the world junior tournament.
Brook Learns from World Junior Experience - DiscoverMooseJaw.com

The most interesting one: "They wanted me to be a two-way defenceman, just play well at both ends of the ice, worry about defence first and try to help on offence whenever I could, but focus on not getting scored on, and I felt I did that," said Brook.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Here are Josh Brook's comments on the world junior tournament.
Brook Learns from World Junior Experience - DiscoverMooseJaw.com

The most interesting one: "They wanted me to be a two-way defenceman, just play well at both ends of the ice, worry about defence first and try to help on offence whenever I could, but focus on not getting scored on, and I felt I did that," said Brook.

Felt like that was the only message hunter conveyed to anyone. Not a single D had the liberty to take the puck up.

Bo - f***ing - ring

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Hunter was horrible and Team Canada showed it. This team was ultra talented but he never adjusted lines and lived and died with Bouchard eating big minutes and not delivering.

Having Ty Smith, Bouchard and Brook play defensive minutes on the blue line is exactly how you over coach a team. Let them try and score that's how you take advantage of the talent you have. Canada had arguably the most talented d group offensively and didn't let them leave their blue line.

Reactions: Tyson

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Brook is still racking up the points. He now has 44 points in 32 games.

If he plays the rest of the regular season (27 more games), he's on pace for 80 points (1.37 point per game average). The last time we had a defensemen with those kinds of stats in the CHL, was PK Subban and he finished with a 1.36 point per game average. What a great year for Brook!!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brook is still racking up the points. He now has 44 points in 32 games.

If he plays the rest of the regular season (27 more games), he's on pace for 80 points (1.37 point per game average). The last time we had a defensemen with those kinds of stats in the CHL, was PK Subban and he finished with a 1.36 point per game average. What a great year for Brook!!

His wrist injury he had at the beginning of the year last season clearly affected his game. Brook has zero weakness to his game. He plays sound D, provides offense, and is a great skater with good size.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he can develop into a Jeff Petry (Jeff Petry from this year) style dman with better defensive awareness, I would be thrilled.

I was thinking about who I would compare Brook too in terms of potential. Petry is not a bad comparison. The next step with Brook is how he looks when he turns pro next year. He already plays a sound game and has solid skating/size so he should adjust well.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Just think, he's producing all these points on his off hand. His coach is too f***ing dense to use him to his full potential.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I was thinking about who I would compare Brook too in terms of potential. Petry is not a bad comparison. The next step with Brook is how he looks when he turns pro next year. He already plays a sound game and has solid skating/size so he should adjust well.

McDonagh would be nice. But McDonagj's pretty special. Solod in every aspect of his game and all over the ice, if not spectacular offensively.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'll say it again, but Brook is still my favorite prospect. I just feel like we have no one else in the pipeline like him (maybe Romanov, but great WJC aside, I want to hear about him doing this on a consistent basis). Although he didn't do much at the WJC, he showed he could play sound D and was relied on for the PK.

Let's just hope he's more like a Petry/Ryan Ellis than a Beaulieu.

Reactions: montreal

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'll say it again, but Brook is still my favorite prospect. I just feel like we have no one else in the pipeline like him (maybe Romanov, but great WJC aside, I want to hear about him doing this on a consistent basis). Although he didn't do much at the WJC, he showed he could play sound D and was relied on for the PK.

Let's just hope he's more like a Petry/Ryan Ellis than a Beaulieu.
Hes too smart to be Petry. This guy is going to be a number one or a really good number two. None of that twenty mistakes a game petry does.

Reactions: 26Mats

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Hunter was horrible and Team Canada showed it. This team was ultra talented but he never adjusted lines and lived and died with Bouchard eating big minutes and not delivering.
The old school mentality of living and dying with your "leaders"

He did the same with the forwards, having Comtois play like a tool and never be punished for it. If I was coaching that team Comtois would have took at least a period of hockey on the 4th line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hes too smart to be Petry. This guy is going to be a number one or a really good number two. None of that twenty mistakes a game petry does.

That would be amazing. Do you envision him having the potential to be McDonagh good? I honestly haven't see Brook play enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad