Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
are you saying he's at LD with Moose Jaw? I haven't seen a game in a while, I had a season pass last year for the WHL so I saw a lot of him then but I never once saw him play LD or in the few times I saw him this year before the WJC's.

Yeah, about a week or two before the WJCs they started playing him on his off hand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Their second best D is a RD and the coach trusts Brook more to play major minutes off hand than he does his partner is my best guess

just seems odd to change it now when he's been a RD all this time, thought maybe Hunt was injured since that's who I've seen him paired with in the few games i've seen MJ this year.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
just seems odd to change it now when he's been a RD all this time, thought maybe Hunt was injured since that's who I've seen him paired with in the few games i've seen MJ this year.

Moose Jaw has stacked their top pairing with Woo and Brook lately. I don't think it's injuries, I think it's just bad coaching lol

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Ya he's been paired with Hunt for most of the season but lately has bounced around on every pairing. Playing primarily left lately.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Moose Jaw has stacked their top pairing with Woo and Brook lately. I don't think it's injuries, I think it's just bad coaching lol

Ya he's been paired with Hunt for most of the season but lately has bounced around on every pairing. Playing primarily left lately.

that seems stupid, don't want the Habs to get any ideas and play him at LD next year.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
that seems stupid, don't want the Habs to get any ideas and play him at LD next year.

Wouldn't be the worst thing to have him ready to play either side. He likely could step into a better role on the LD here. Unfortunately I don't feel he looks as good on the LD but it's still early.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wouldn't be the worst thing to have him ready to play either side. He likely could step into a better role on the LD here. Unfortunately I don't feel he looks as good on the LD but it's still early.

I don't like it at all, he has a shot of being a very good to great NHLer, why mess with that? Play him at his best spot and hope he turns into a top pairing D imo.

Reactions: Tyson and Holystik

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I hope our coaching staff doesn't try him at LD. From the games I've seen, he's a lesser player on his off-side than he is when he plays RD. Just seems less confident out there, manages the puck less fluidly when under pressure, has more trouble making the first pass and just makes poorer reads defensively overall.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
KK is our only can't miss prospect.

Brook : Juulsen lite
Ylonen: boom or bust
Poehling: Danault 2.0
Suzuki: Sam Gagner 2.0
Olofsson: De La Rose 2.0
Romanov: Emelin 2.0 (I would take this though)
Primeau: Lindgren 2.0

Lol... way to announce how little you know about the player.

Good chances Juulsen will be barely able to hold Brook's jockstrap.

I swear some people on this site...

Gros connaisseur...

Jul 6, 2016
I hope our coaching staff doesn't try him at LD. From the games I've seen, he's a lesser player on his off-side than he is when he plays RD. Just seems less confident out there, manages the puck less fluidly when under pressure, has more trouble making the first pass and just makes poorer reads defensively overall.

Hopefully, Brook gonna be good at NHL level within the next two years. One of Juulsen or Petry could be dealt for a good LHD.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hopefully, Brook gonna be good at NHL level within the next two years. One of Juulsen or Petry could be dealt for a good LHD.

So why not forego any possible loss of value with Petry and trade while he's hot and there's a need?

If we want to get some solid talent, we might opt for a LHD blue chip prospect and not an established player and doing it more quickly also gives us time to develop that prospect to be in time with the rest of the players that should be added in the next two years. A lot of development will be needed, so a lot of bumps in the road should be expected, that's why I believe people are getting overly excited with the present performance of the team. So much youth and development is just bound to bring pains. Why use that period to compete when it could be used to build and develop, to stock up our asset pool instead of being tempted of selling some for a patch job?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So why not forego any possible loss of value with Petry and trade while he's hot and there's a need?

If we want to get some solid talent, we might opt for a LHD blue chip prospect and not an established player and doing it more quickly also gives us time to develop that prospect to be in time with the rest of the players that should be added in the next two years. A lot of development will be needed, so a lot of bumps in the road should be expected, that's why I believe people are getting overly excited with the present performance of the team. So much youth and development is just bound to bring pains. Why use that period to compete when it could be used to build and develop, to stock up our asset pool instead of being tempted of selling some for a patch job?
Amen, brother.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Well, I think they’re more then developing individuals here, there’s developing a culture of working hard and finding ways to win games that you also need to inculcate to your young guys. Edmonton and Buffalo did the exact opposite and their is a looser mentality among these organizations that they cant seem to get rid of.

Also if you trade Petry right now and many useful vets, you’re gonna be stuck playing some youg guys in way bigger and important role that they are ready for.

I think their will be a time and place to trade Petry and its when either Juulsen or Brook is gonna be ready for 2nd pairing duty.

Reactions: Acadien86

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

It's okay to trade Petry if the offer made makes sense for us given our needs and prospect strengths. But what team will trade us a top LHD prospect or young player for Petry? That said, in the next few years we should experience a decent infusion of talent when the likes of Fleury, Brook, Primeau, Poehling, Suzuki and Romanov eventually make the league and we'll need good veterans to help nurture these guys properly and shoulder the greater brunt of the load untill the young guys are ready to take over. We already have a leadership group with the likes of Weber and Gallagher, but we still need a few other veterans to help them.

So, the ideal time to trade Petry might not be now, but a couple of years down the road unless our RDs like Juulsen, Fleury and Brook really show that they would benefit from elevated responsabilities. At the deadline a couple of years in the future, when our young guys are doing well, Petry will probably still be worth a good bit in a trade and might help us really make a push or re-stock the cupboards if traded.

Reactions: Acadien86

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, I think they’re more then developing individuals here, there’s developing a culture of working hard and finding ways to win games that you also need to inculcate to your young guys. Edmonton and Buffalo did the exact opposite and their is a looser mentality among these organizations that they cant seem to get rid of.

Also if you trade Petry right now and many useful vets, you’re gonna be stuck playing some youg guys in way bigger and important role that they are ready for.

I think their will be a time and place to trade Petry and its when either Juulsen or Brook is gonna be ready for 2nd pairing duty.
If Juulsen is not ready next year hell never be ready. Brook and fleury are also knocking really loudly on the door of that 2nd pair Rd spot, theres enough depth there that we can use Petry to get a youngster that will hhelp us elsewhere.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If Juulsen is not ready next year hell never be ready. Brook and fleury are also knocking really loudly on the door of that 2nd pair Rd spot, theres enough depth there that we can use Petry to get a youngster that will hhelp us elsewhere.

No really, we should compete for the cup and keep Petry until he fumbles, loses value, we get into a logjam on the right side and finally we have to get rid of him for far less and unsurprisingly, we dont win the cup.

This is a much better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad