Jori Lehtera Player Discussion

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
But harsh to say Lehtera doesnt have stick skills. Hes quite effective on the boards and has fairly solid hands. He protects the puck fairly well.

He's just slower than mike peppermint patty york carrying an elephant on his back, using canoes as skates. Which unfortunately means hes useless in the NHL.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
You keep going on and on about Filppula while ignoring that he played on a significantly better ES team for most of the year. He finished out in Philly with a 21% shooting perecentage which likely wasn't going to continue at all. I'd largely expect Fippula will cool off too given his 31% shooting percentage to start the year. If you're asking questions about Schenn the same could be said for Simmonds who can only play RW. Schenn's a guy who has shown he is at least flexible in the lineup LW, C, RW while Simmonds has shown he's only useful at RW during ES play.
Thats his style, thats why he creams himself still about the way weise played in mtl

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You keep going on and on about Filppula while ignoring that he played on a significantly better ES team for most of the year. He finished out in Philly with a 21% shooting perecentage which likely wasn't going to continue at all. I'd largely expect Fippula will cool off too given his 31% shooting percentage to start the year. If you're asking questions about Schenn the same could be said for Simmonds who can only play RW. Schenn's a guy who has shown he is at least flexible in the lineup LW, C, RW while Simmonds has shown he's only useful at RW during ES play.

My point is Filppula isn't much of a downgrade from Schenn at center at ES for one year.

ES and PP should be considered separately, look at Marchand, he finally gets to play PP and adds 20 points to his scoring total, but was the same player at ES that he was the previously five seasons. So to me, Schenn is a 30-35 ES center here, and replaceable on the PP.

Lehtera was a salary dump, one reason Hextall will probably never sign a top FA, he likes the flexibility that extra cap room provides. He helped us get two #1 picks for a 3rd line center (whatever he does in St Louis, he was either going to be a 3rd line RW or C here, behind G, Couts and/or Patrick and behind Voracek and Simmonds/Konency).

There's no point getting excited over Lehtera, or MacDonald or Weise. They're going to be phased out by next year, most likely by spring this year. You still upset by Vinnie?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Getting Weal and Twarynski for LSchenn plus Vinny at 50% was nice. If they could get a mid round pick for Lehtera at 50% at some point in the next 16 months it would a nice bonus.

Reactions: Rebels57

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Is there any reason to believe he doesn't get ice time next season? Hak was playing him on PK and even PP. Praying that Hextall buries him with the Phantoms. It may be our only hope.

Reactions: BillDineen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd sign Nick Shore if he came cheap, he's a solid 4th line forward, better than a lot of guys who got $2-3M.
Just not very exciting, to me a better version of Corbin Knight, a placeholder until the kids arrive en masse.

The only reason Lehtera plays this year is Frost isn't deemed ready, Vorobyev is sent back to the AHL, and MV and Bardreau show nothing in camp.
And he'd just be a placeholder until Vorobyev and maybe Rubtsov are deemed NHL read.
We'd survive his 8 minutes a night on the 4th line, I'd be worried about Laughton having to start on the 3rd line.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We're still going with the dramatic fatalism even after being wrong over and over, eh?

Sure, why not. :laugh:

f*** it, he'll be 1C next year and play 83 regular season games.

Reactions: Danko

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
We're still going with the dramatic fatalism even after being wrong over and over, eh?

Sure, why not. :laugh:

**** it, he'll be 1C next year and play 83 regular season games.

Man let us have our defence mechanism. If I plan to find out that my mother is going to marry him and I'm going to have to deal with him being my new father then the idea of him taking ice time away from one of the kids is more palatable.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
just sign ****ing Nick Shore to be 4C.
th (21).jpg

Reactions: GoneFullHextall

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The funny thing is these players we complain mostly about; when there contract is up Hextall just lets them go and does not even try to resign them , so he knows they are not good enough . But while they are here our lovely coaching staff play them and play them like they they are good contributors . wtf is there no communication between them

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The funny thing is these players we complain mostly about; when there contract is up Hextall just lets them go and does not even try to resign them , so he knows they are not good enough . But while they are here our lovely coaching staff play them and play them like they they are good contributors . wtf is there no communication between them

I'm sure there's communication, but I take it as Hextall believes in the letting the coach be the guy who decides the line-ups and dishes out playing time, etc., but then he's the GM, so when he decides it's time to take away a toy, he does.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

The reason they're here is Ron couldn't find anyone better, which is why the coach plays them.
If Ron could find someone better he'd bury them (like MacDonald two years ago or Read last year) or waive them.

Right now FA is pretty much done, so Ron will look at his team in TC, and if he doesn't like what he sees, will make a minor trade to pick up a veteran center.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The lies that you think help your argument actually kill it.

I’m not sure why you don’t see that.

A honest/weak argument is better than a false/strong argument. Most people on this board watch too much hockey to be tricked by these lies.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
The lies that you think help your argument actually kill it.

I’m not sure why you don’t see that.

A honest/weak argument is better than a false/strong argument. Most people on this board watch too much hockey to be tricked by these lies.
Will you grow up already. Stop attacking the poster and make a cogent counter argument. You derail every thread with your childish DH obsession. We are all here to talk hockey. If you don't want to talk hockey fine, just stick to the sandwich thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00