Jori Lehtera Player Discussion

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Will you grow up already. Stop attacking the poster and make a cogent counter argument. You derail every thread with your childish DH obsession. We are all here to talk hockey. If you don't want to talk hockey fine, just stick to the sandwich thread.

There's a difference between talking about hockey and just spreading falsehoods like it's the truth and then when confronted about this, they are never able to back it up but still keep circulating it. Arguing in bad faith is a pretty shit thing to do and it's good to call it out.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
There's a difference between talking about hockey and just spreading falsehoods like it's the truth and then when confronted about this, they are never able to back it up but still keep circulating it. Arguing in bad faith is a pretty **** thing to do and it's good to call it out.
Opinions are just that but some on here hate when people just don't like the team it the players on it. No need to call out shit just let people have opinions and carry on.

Reactions: wasup

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Will you grow up already. Stop attacking the poster and make a cogent counter argument. You derail every thread with your childish DH obsession. We are all here to talk hockey. If you don't want to talk hockey fine, just stick to the sandwich thread.

More Garbage

Just like many times before, you've embarrassed yourself by white knighting for him.

What's especially funny is I didn't even attack the poster - just like every other time you've wrongly accused me of that - so it just makes you look even more foolish. I even specifically mention the arguments, which makes it perfectly clear what I'm "attacking".

You keep accusing, I keep proving you wrong, then you slink back into hiding until the next time. Just like these times...

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/139829879/

So it looks like the only obsession here is the one you have with me... which I'm flattered by, but I don't have the same feelings for you. I'm sorry.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Opinions are just that but some on here hate when people just don't like the team it the players on it. No need to call out **** just let people have opinions and carry on.
Wrong. The problem isn't opinions, the problem is factually incorrect statements.

When people make up lies, they should be called out for it.

You can't just lie and then defend it by saying it's an opinion, because it isn't one.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Wrong. The problem isn't opinions, the problem is factually incorrect statements.

When people make up lies, they should be called out for it.

You can't just lie and then defend it by saying it's an opinion, because it isn't one.
What's lies on a message board though?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What's lies on a message board though?
When someone says something that they know is false. They say it anyway because they think it helps their argument and they hope other people are dumb enough to blindly accept the incorrect information.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What is the lie that people keep getting mad about? I am confused about what is going on here. It looks like deadhead is saying he thinks that Hextall and Co. think Lehtera is the best option ATM. Is that the lie?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What is the lie that people keep getting mad about? I am confused about what is going on here. It looks like deadhead is saying he thinks that Hextall and Co. think Lehtera is the best option ATM. Is that the lie?
Two common lies.

1) that there was nobody better
2) that Hakstol only used them because he had no choice

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
When someone says something that they know is false. They say it anyway because they think it helps their argument and they hope other people are dumb enough to blindly accept the incorrect information.
It's there opinion though and others just don't like it but what a poster puts on here is what they believe so it's just opinions and that is all. Enjoy the summer boys.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Two common lies.

You think sanheim is better and that's your opinion and your untitled to it but others in here believe different and that's there opinion. Enjoy the summer boys lol.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's there opinion though and others just don't like but what a posters out on here is what they believe so it's just opinions and that is all. Enjoy the summer boys.
Uh no, lies and opinions are different things.

“I like the color blue” is an opinion.
“The sun is blue” is a not an opinion.

You act like every post on here is opinion... it’s not. People can be incorrect. Some do it on purpose, which is called “lying”.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Two common lies.

Ok see those things sound like opinions (both opinions of the poster and opinions of the coaches). You may disagree with both the poster and the coaches, but that doesn't mean they are lies. Unless, of course, you think that by playing Lehtera the coaches are knowingly playing a worse player that will hurt the team. The real "lie" around here is this false narrative that the coaches refuse to play young players, given that they have consistently played young players since taking over. Yes, not EVERY young player has played and yes, sometimes young players have been healthy scratched at times, but there isn't some secret conspiracy to no play young players. This false narrative seems a lot more troubling than a poster saying Lehtera is the best option or that Hakstok's hand was forced to play him.

But hey, maybe I am a liar too!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok see those things sound like opinions (both opinions of the poster and opinions of the coaches). You may disagree with both the poster and the coaches, but that doesn't mean they are lies. Unless, of course, you think that by playing Lehtera the coaches are knowingly playing a worse player that will hurt the team.

1) By any evaluation method - eye test, normal stats, advanced stats - Lehtera was the worst option. And I'm sure Hakstol believed he was the best option... that's my entire point.... that's why I'm saying it's a lie to claim that Hakstol "only used him because he had no other choice" and "had no other options"... he obviously used him because he mistakenly thought he was the best option. So the bolded part of your post makes no sense.

2) It is an indisputable fact that there were other options. They didn't have exactly 12 forwards and 6 defensemen. Players sat so Lehtera could play. Those players were alternatives. Hakstol had options.

Reactions: Curufinwe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
1) By any evaluation method - eye test, normal stats, advanced stats - Lehtera was the worst option. And I'm sure Hakstol believed he was the best option... that's my entire point.... that's why I'm saying it's a lie to claim that Hakstol "only used him because he had no other choice" and "had no other options"... he obviously used him because he mistakenly thought he was the best option. So the bolded part of your post makes no sense.

2) It is an indisputable fact that there were other options. They didn't have exactly 12 forwards and 6 defensemen. Players sat so Lehtera could play. Those players were alternatives. Hakstol had options.
You listed two lies: the first was that there was nobody better and the second was that there was no other option. If it is A) Deadhead's opinion and B) Hakstok's opinion that Lehtera was better than the alternatives, then the first part of your complaint is not a lie, it is a disagreement in opinion (unless, like I said, Hakstok thought Lehtera was the worse option and played him any way knowing that it would hurt the team). As for the second part, I believe you may be taking the words too literally. I don't think that Deadhead's position is literally that there were no other options. Obviously Deadhead understands that there were other players in this organization that could have played, I think the point is no other option or was forced to play him or however you want to phrase is that Lehtera was better in his eyes, so he had no choice but to play him (unless, again, Hakstok thought Lehtera was worse but played him anyway knowing that he would hurt the team).

Reactions: hatcher

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Like for instance, if your option was me playing on the bottom pair or Brandon Manning, you would play Brandon Manning. You have the option of playing me, but I am 150 pounds of lazy, unathletic, untalented garbage that can barely skate, so really that is not an option. Also, you may believe that Brandon Manning is better than the available free agents or available players in our organization, or better than a player that you are able to acquire via trade. You may be incorrect in thinking that, but if that is your opinion, you are not lying. Do we really not understand what an opinion is?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So this whole "lies" argument is silly, unless of course you are suggesting that Hakstok is intentionally playing worse players for some reason, which does not seem to be what are you suggesting. But if you are, then ok perhaps your belief in this holds some water but it would just sound like another opinion to me.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Neither are opinions, both are incorrect statements. I already explained why, I'm not going to do it again.

He knows they're incorrect statements, but said them anyway to defend Hakstol. That means they're lies.

I know what you're doing. You know what you're doing. Everyone on the board knows what you're doing. You're predictable and transparent.

I'm not getting baited into it. Conversation over.

Reactions: kelmitchell

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Neither are opinions, both are incorrect statements. I already explained why, I'm not going to do it again.

He knows they're incorrect statements, but said them anyway to defend Hakstol. That means they're lies.

I know what you're doing. You know what you're doing. Everyone on the board knows what you're doing. You're predictable and transparent.

I'm not getting baited into it. Conversation over.
Is that your thing now? Posting something then getting mad when people disagree and then you refuse to discuss it? Maybe just don't post things if you don't want to discuss them.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As much as people spreading falsehoods annoys the f*** out of me, there really is no need to constantly call someone out that refuses to concede an argument. It's not like you have to prove to us that this person is full of shit. Everyone knows it. Just let them make themselves look stupid or do what I do and use the Ignore option. Just my two cents on this very annoying topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad