Jori Lehtera Player Discussion

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As much as people spreading falsehoods annoys the **** out of me, there really is no need to constantly call someone out that refuses to concede an argument. It's not like you have to prove to us that this person is full of ****. Everyone knows it. Just let them make themselves look stupid or do what I do and use the Ignore option. Just my two cents on this very annoying topic.
I just hate people gettting away with lies and dishonest arguments.

:laugh:

Reactions: kudymen

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My thing now is being smart enough to not waste my time with King of Contrarians, DFF. :laugh:
That's a lie. Stop lying. You are a liar. But I refuse to tell you why it is a lie and if you ask me questions about that I will just say that you are trying to bait me into something.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I didn’t think Lehtera was the worst Flyers’ forward in the playoffs. He actually made a couple of nice plays. Lindblom may have been more ineffective.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Our worst ES playoff players were Lehtera, Read, Lindblom, Filppula, Manning and Gudas, with MacDonald as an honorable mention.
Read, Filppula and Manning are gone, Weise and Leier have one foot out the door, Weal isn't far behind.
Lehtera and MacDonald are on the bubble.

Simmonds was one of our better players, with Couts, Provorov and Laughton
Ghost, Giroux, Raffl and Voracek didn't step up.
The kiddie corp trio of TK, Patrick and Sanheim were meh.

But Lehtera was part of a PK unit that played very well against the league's best power play.
Lehtera may have been our best PK guy in that series.

If Laughton has to play 3C, I could see Raffl - Lehtera - NAK on the 4th line.
Lehtera is smart and physical, he just needs speed on his wings to compensate for being mobility challenged.
But the ideal solution is Frost at 3C, Vorobyev at 4C, Laughton at 4LW, and Lehtera in the press box.

Last edited:
Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I didn’t think Lehtera was the worst Flyers’ forward in the playoffs. He actually made a couple of nice plays. Lindblom may have been more ineffective.
He was solid in the playoffs. All the shit players outplayed the stars except provy and coots. It better change this year.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Lehtera should be traded or sent down and only used in emergencies. He brings nothing when on the ice. We need to get rid of the old trash so G and the rest of the skilled players aren't wished down.

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Reality check, you have to find someone better.

You don't force feed Frost if he's not ready and get him hurt, you don't rush Vorobyev if he needs more seasoning.
MV and Bardreau have to show they're NHL ready. No slam dunk here.
Laughton is one option if no one else works out, but Lehtera is the "break glass" in case of emergency option.

Ron tried to land a veteran center on a two year deal (he said length of deal was the killer, since he seemed only interested in Stastny and Bozak, both got 3 year deals). Once his targets were gone, he's said he wasn't signing a player who wasn't better than what he already had in the system (Nash?).

He could pick up Shore, but he's a defensive center who's an offensive black hole, similar to PEB.

If we have to start the season with Lehtera as the 4C, he'll get 8-10 minutes a night and Vorobyev and Rubtsov will have the opportunity to supplant him.
It's not ideal, but our bottom six was worse last season, and our second line was a work in progress, so we're still ahead of the game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Finding someone better is dirt simple. Letorgo is trash. We have multiple prospects with more upside. That alone is superior than watching him get slower, lose puck battles, turn the puck over, and generally just chase play while getting shelled.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meltzer has mentioned Letestu as an option for bottom 6 center. I'd be OK with signing him, if it meant Lehtera spent the year in the AHL.

Reactions: Rebels57

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Letestu has a points/60 of 1.0, a relCF% of -4.5%, and a relxGF% of -5.2% over the last 3 seasons. It was even worse this past season, and he'll be 34 soon. But he takes some defensive zone starts and is above-average at the dot and has veteran presence. The ultimate Hockey Guy 4th line signing.

He'd just be another cooked garbage player for whom to give too many minutes. That honestly might be splitting hairs in terms of an upgrade to Torgo. He's not an NHLer either. Gordon to Lehtera to Letestu......what's the difference?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Letestu has a points/60 of 1.0, a relCF% of -4.5%, and a relxGF% of -5.2% over the last 3 seasons. It was even worse this past season, and he'll be 34 soon. But he takes some defensive zone starts and is above-average at the dot and has veteran presence. The ultimate Hockey Guy 4th line signing.

He'd just be another cooked garbage player for whom to give too many minutes. That honestly might be splitting hairs in terms of an upgrade to Torgo. He's not an NHLer either. Gordon to Lehtera to Letestu......what's the difference?

They really tie the room together.
Gbl_fin1_zpsomsqm3gs.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Lehtera stinks, but he PK’d well in the playoffs. For a 7-8 minute player, sometimes it’s not about who is the more talented player, it’s who better fits a certain role. Lindblom got 4 games in the playoffs & was completely ineffective. And wasn’t going to PK, which Lehtera was actually doing a decent job of against PIT.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Derek Grant is another scrub that's out there, bigger and younger. 1.86 pp/60, Corsi 46.11, CorsiRel -1.85, xGF 46.10, xGFrel -1.99
Scoring is a fluke, until last season didn't have a NHL goal.
A younger body, 6'3 215.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He was solid in the playoffs. All the **** players outplayed the stars except provy and coots. It better change this year.
I agree he played well in the playoffs. Actually threw his weight around and showed some skill. He's slow AF but he made an effort. It would not be a problem if he stuck around as 13 F but only on the condition that the pieces of crap Weise and Weal get waived first. I don't want to see them in the uni again. Then, it's only AMac...

Reactions: hatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->