Jori Lehtera Player Discussion

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
No, he's this bad because has no skill, he's big, and he can't skate... and that's no longer acceptable in the NHL.

Chemistry has nothing to do with it.
He was our fifth center and what 15th forward for a reason and was in the press box until the coach got tired of Weise's performance and was hoping Lehtera would be better. Then Patrick got hurt.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Lehtera is worse than expected, in that, he looks like a beer league player that won a contest to play on an NHL team.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He was our fifth center and what 15th forward for a reason and was in the press box until the coach got tired of Weise's performance and was hoping Lehtera would be better. Then Patrick got hurt.
Right, so the should be right back in the pressbox as soon as Patrick is healthy.

But we'll see, that's far from a guarantee after all we've seen from this incompetent coach.

Reactions: BillDineen

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The next time Hextall decides to take back dead weight in a hockey trade he better find some typical LTIR candidate. At least such move doesn't make the product on the ice worse by his lone presence.

Reactions: hatcher

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Right, so the should be right back in the pressbox as soon as Patrick is healthy.

But we'll see, that's far from a guarantee after all we've seen from this incompetent coach.
Weise and Read have been pretty bad also. You going to blame the coach when they play too? One of them is in. He is given the players to choose from.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Weise and Read have been pretty bad also. You going to blame the coach when they play too? One of them is in. He is given the players to choose from.
Weise>Read>Lehtera

One has to play, and all of them suck, but Lehtera is clearly the worst of the bunch so there's no excuse for keeping him in.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Weise>Read>Lehtera

One has to play, and all of them suck, but Lehtera is clearly the worst of the bunch so there's no excuse for keeping him in.
Add in the 4th line besides Laughton doing nothing and Simmonds playing soft and thinking he's high skilled and we have a shit small forwards group. Thank god G is back and the top line is playing well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This too shall pass.

I'm not going to get upset by a player who is destined to be a trivia question some day.

Alex, who was the throw-in who got the Flyers the pick they used on the 2021 Cup Playoffs MVP?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
9BE132F4F6484B258A7ED8E4EAD663FA-0:0
Jp206Or.png

Last edited:

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Weise>Read>Lehtera

I agree they have all been bad and i think Weise has marginally played the best of them but I don't think Lehtera has been clearly the worst. I would say Read.
Not that it impacts the end results at all, so saying the coach sucks because of which one of them he chooses makes no sense to me.

Reactions: hatcher

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree they have all been bad and i think Weise has marginally played the best of them but I don't think Lehtera has been clearly the worst. I would say Read.
Not that it impacts the end results at all, so saying the coach sucks because of which one of them he chooses makes no sense to me.
The coach doesn't suck because of which one he chooses, he sucks because of a long list of things he's screwed up, past and present. Because of that history of screwing up, I assume he'll continue the same trends and this will be yet another thing to add to the list.

I don't want Weise or Read in either, but Lehtera stands out as the slowest on the team by quite a large margin. Every time he touches the puck you know the zone pressure is likely ending.

They all suck, but I think the other two are a step ahead of Lehtera. To me, there's a clear separation, enough that there's a right and wrong choice when deciding which of the three to use and the 12th forward. Unfortunately I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hak pick wrong.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
His skating makes me miss Luke Schenn.

His skating makes me miss the womb, when I was (presumably) just floating in amniotic fluid at that same pace. I don't actually know if it is called amniotic fluid because I went to Catholic school and we were taught to fear our bodies, but whatever you float in in there is what I mean.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think Hextall is too concerned with where Lehtera fits in. He took him back from St. Louis for no other reason than he wanted that 2nd first round pick. If he can earn a spot and contribute great, if not, Hextall will waive him or move him for a late pick.

Hopefully this is still a possibility.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Calling him a 13th forward or AHL bound is a bit extreme. I agree there. I don't see him as better than most of our bottom 6 though.

Let's just say our top 6 looks like this, for arguments sake:

Lindblom - Giroux - Simmonds
Konecny - Couturier - Voracek

That leaves..

Patrick
Filppula
Raffl
Weise
Read
Laughton
Vecchione

and maybe Weal for the bottom 6. We don't know what we will get from Weal, Laughton or Vecchione next season if they make the team. So I would say that the only bottom 6ers I would take Lehtera over are Read and Weise for sure.

All 3 have been terrible but Lehtera is at the bottom of the list.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
He really puts the effort in and you can see him trying. But my god, Hatcher, Rathje and Handzus would blow past this guy. Even in their current state!

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
He really puts the effort in and you can see him trying. But my god, Hatcher, Rathje and Handzus would blow past this guy. Even in their current state!
I can't remember seeing a forward who accelerates at a slower rate. Its like a school bus racing ferrarris.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00