Player Discussion Jordan Greenway

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still love those arms and the stick. Looking stronger, also. He and Ek might never be great scorers, but they are already extremely hard to play against, and are bottling up a lot of teams on the forecheck.

Both keepers, to me. Wonder if BB can figure out a way to put him on the PP as a net front/corner presence?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He, Eriksson Ek and Kunin are probably going to be a pretty good 3rd line going forward. Problem is, we were counting on them to be a 2nd line.

Ek was seen as a bit of a Koivu replacement. Strong defensive, chip in offensively, center. Kunin was thought of as a potential captain/top 6 player.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Personally I think Greenway could be a top-6 guy right now, though it'd be as a compliment to more skilled players. That'll probably always be the case.

I think Kunin's got as much top-6 potential as Zucker did at the same age, if not more.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Greenway worked very well with Staal and the lizard. Boudreau probably removed him because he thinks Zucker is more worthy of a top 6 spot..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Greenway worked very well with Staal and the lizard. Boudreau probably removed him because he thinks Zucker is more worthy of a top 6 spot..
For a whole period and a half.

He was removed because he got injured, Zucker jumped in, they played well, so they stayed together.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Personally I think Greenway could be a top-6 guy right now, though it'd be as a compliment to more skilled players. That'll probably always be the case.

I think Kunin's got as much top-6 potential as Zucker did at the same age, if not more.

That's fair. Zucker wasn't actually Zucker until around 25 years old. Kunin has some time.

Reactions: DANOZ28 and Bazeek

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He, Eriksson Ek and Kunin are probably going to be a pretty good 3rd line going forward. Problem is, we were counting on them to be a 2nd line.
I think Ek is making them a 3rd line. IMO- Greenway-Koivu-Kunin could be a decent 2nd line.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I just ran into Greenway in the airport. Hit him with the subtle nod but I didn’t wanna bother him so I left it that.

But my god he is f***ing huge. Hopefully he realizes he’s got unique thing going on with that size and his hands.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I just ran into Greenway in the airport. Hit him with the subtle nod but I didn’t wanna bother him so I left it that.

But my god he is ****ing huge. Hopefully he realizes he’s got unique thing going on with that size and his hands.
Did you do a sick handshake?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

But my god he is ****ing huge. Hopefully he realizes he’s got unique thing going on with that size and his hands.

You didn't run out to your car and sign his name on a helmet did you? :laugh::sarcasm:

Reactions: SupremeNachos

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
You didn't run out to your car and sign his name on a helmet did you? :laugh::sarcasm:

Unfortunately, his noggin is so big they can’t just find him a new helmet all willy nilly. I assume ;)

I do have a Greenway jersey though that needs a Herbie Hancock. Told my buds that if he scored during the one playoff game we won two years ago I’d buy his jersey immediately and literally 10 seconds later he scored and I marched right from my seat into the hockey lodge.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Unfortunately, his noggin is so big they can’t just find him a new helmet all willy nilly. I assume ;)

I do have a Greenway jersey though that needs a Herbie Handcock though. Told my buds that if he scored during the one playoff game we won two years ago I’d buy his jersey immediately and literally 10 seconds later he scored and I marched right from my seat into the hockey lodge.

It's not a bad bet to lose.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
When Greenway is on, he is a beast. Classic case of a younger guy who struggles with consistency.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
His flashes remind me of Coyle the first 3 years or so. A guy who has moments when he remembers he can pretty much ragdoll guys out of his way.

That was Coyle his entire career here, such a frustrating player to watch.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Frustrating, but still has value. Greenway is going to be a valuable depth player, who, when he's "on" will win a playoff series for you, or at least a game in a playoff series. If he finds a way to be consistently good, rather than consistently inconsistent, then he will be a huge plus for the team. As is, he's still a plus.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he needs to find the amount of physicality he can maintain for a season on a per game basis. Making 7 hits a game isn't something that can be maintained for instance; although it is fun to watch him when he does.

His passing needs a lot of work also.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I think he needs to find the amount of physicality he can maintain for a season on a per game basis. Making 7 hits a game isn't something that can be maintained for instance; although it is fun to watch him when he does.

His passing needs a lot of work also.
It's not just his hit total either. Just like with Coyle, he seems to be bumped off the puck rather easily as if he was half his size. If he can be a physical menace like a Lucic without the penalties a lot of people would cream themselves.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't agree at all about Coyle. When he wanted to play takeaway he was near impossible to get the puck from. Greenway is similar, but his body betrays at times. I'll put it down to really big guys taking longer to grow into their bodies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I don't agree at all about Coyle. When he wanted to play takeaway he was near impossible to get the puck from. Greenway is similar, but his body betrays at times. I'll put it down to really big guys taking longer to grow into their bodies.
That's just it. I believe Greenway can do that right now just as Coyle did, but the issue is them feeling confident enough to show it on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad