TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:huh:

Yeah, who needs a young 6'1", 200 lbs and 70 points left winger when you can play Lehkonen instead... :huh:

Use your brain. Our strength is winger depth, our weakness is on LD.. which position is in bigger need of an upgrade? Teams don't have an unlimited amount of trade-able assets, you obviously have to use your trade chips wisely...........

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
A package from the Coyotes with Chychrun involved would make sense. Obviously it would need to be a big add from the Coyotes to get it done, but Huberdeau fits the bill of the type of player Chayka targets.

Reactions: Michoulicious

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
A package from the Coyotes with Chychrun involved would make sense. Obviously it would need to be a big add from the Coyotes to get it done, but Huberdeau fits the bill of the type of player Chayka targets.

Huberdeau for Ekman Larsson straight across should do it.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

I think Chychrun + Westerlund for Huberdeau would make a lot of sense.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Huberdeau
for
- Lehkonen
- C Fleury
- 2019 3rd

- Top 6 LW
for
- A speedy Middle 6 LW/RW
- A fringe top 4 RD potential who is having a very good season after turning pro.
- pick

If you don't like Fleury, we can talk Juulsen but he is hurt right now. Juulsen played in our top 4D and played very well before his season got derailed with two pucks to his face in the same game. If you are interested in Lehkonen/Juulsen, we can talk. But we are not desperate for Huberdeau.

Not many will agree and will jump on me but Lehkonen/Juulsen for Huberdeau might back fire on the Habs in a season or two. Comes down to top 6LW vs middle 6LW/RW and a top 4RD.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
- Huberdeau
for
- Lehkonen
- C Fleury
- 2019 3rd

- Top 6 LW
for
- A fringe top 4 RD potential who is having a very good season after turning pro.
- pick

If you don't like Fleury, we can talk Juulsen but he is hurt right now. Juulsen played in our top 4D and played very well before his season got derailed with two pucks to his face in the same game. If you are interested in Lehkonen/Juulsen, we can talk. But we are not desperate for Huberdeau.

Not many will agree and will jump on me but Lehkonen/Juulsen for Huberdeau might back fire on the Habs in a season or two. Comes down to top 6LW vs middle 6LW/RW and a top 4RD.

Not nearly enough for Huberdeau, just terrible.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs could offer a huge combination of young LHDs, Forwards and picks. FL opens nearly $6M in Cap space and fills high end needs throughout their lineout with team/cost controlled contracts.

Huberdeau
Reimer
2019 - 1st

For

Zadorov
Jost
Kerfoot
Andrighetto
Greer
Lindholm
2019-2nd
2019-3rd (COL)

Risky trade for the AVs including 2 former 1st round picks to build a 2nd scoring line, trading a very young Zadorov creates a massive hole at LHD. Forwards are young with NHL experience that can play right away. Swapping picks allows the AVs to replace with another LHD.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not nearly enough for Huberdeau

Huberdeau is a top 6 LW, not a top line LW. I would say above average top 6 winger but below average top line player. Lehkonen has tons more value than what people think on these boards. Young Speedy middle 6 winger that provides 15-20 goals and 40 pts (+/-) at the age of 23 and still improving.

Huberdeau > Lehkonen. If the Habs add Fleury and a pick, it bridges the gap. Most will feel it's not attractive cause they know nothing about Fleury. They will go look at his AHL stats in his 1st pro year and will devalue him. He's good man. This is no spare part. And I added the 3rd on top. Maybe I would add a 2nd, not sure. If you are not high on Fleury, then we can talk Juulsen. However, this changes the conversation. Juulsen showed solid top 4D potential before he got two pucks to his face in the same game and his season was derailed.

I like Huberdeau and he is an upgrade on Lehkonen but I think the gap between these two is not massive. Were talking about an above average top 6 LW for an above average middle 6 LW/RW here.

I'm not desperate for Huberdeau. If another team wants to trade a speedy young forward in Lehkonen and another significant young RD piece and other pieces, Let them. I pass.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
- Huberdeau
for
- Lehkonen
- C Fleury
- 2019 3rd

- Top 6 LW
for
- pick

Terrible package that can easily be topped by other teams.

You seriously devalued Huberdeau and overinflated Lehkonen. French would mean even more to the Habs. Yet, still want him on your team? FLD needs LHD or high end prospects.

Mete + Suzuki and build from here.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If Columbus is okay with mostly futures, I smell a 3-way trade of sorts. Not sure the return for Columbus though so I stopped after the picks. Obviously there would be more.

FLA gets: Bob and Panarin
NYI gets: Huberdeau
CLB gets: NYI 1st, Florida 1st, + prospect(s) and/or roster player(s)

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Meh, not the type of player we need. We're set on the wings, we need a LD.
What...?

When a player like Huberdeau becomes available, you make room. Huberdeau would become the top wing on the Habs with Drouin.

Minus Drouin and Kotkaniemi, I think I would include juste about anyone else in a trade for him.

Flo probably finds better trading partners elsewhere tho. For it to work with the Habs, it would need to be a 3 teamer; making this very unprobable.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Huberdeau isn’t going to go for futures, and he won’t go for a package of quantity. IF he were to be moved, it would be to Columbus for a Bob/Panarin package, or to upgrade our blueline. With Dadonov and Hoffman UFAs after next season, Huberdeau could be moved for a Dman, and could also allow us to re-sign both those wingers.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
AVs could offer a huge combination of young LHDs, Forwards and picks. FL opens nearly $6M in Cap space and fills high end needs throughout their lineout with team/cost controlled contracts.

Huberdeau
Reimer
2019 - 1st

For

Zadorov
Jost
Kerfoot
Andrighetto
Greer
Lindholm
2019-2nd
2019-3rd (COL)

Risky trade for the AVs including 2 former 1st round picks to build a 2nd scoring line, trading a very young Zadorov creates a massive hole at LHD. Forwards are young with NHL experience that can play right away. Swapping picks allows the AVs to replace with another LHD.
Absolutely horrendous. Florida ADDS a first and the best player they get back is Zadorov? How do the offers keep getting worse?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Huberdeau is a top 6 LW, not a top line LW. I would say above average top 6 winger but below average top line player. Lehkonen has tons more value than what people think on these boards. Young Speedy middle 6 winger that provides 15-20 goals and 40 pts (+/-) at the age of 23 and still improving.

Huberdeau > Lehkonen. If the Habs add Fleury and a pick, it bridges the gap. Most will feel it's not attractive cause they know nothing about Fleury. They will go look at his AHL stats in his 1st pro year and will devalue him. He's good man. This is no spare part. And I added the 3rd on top. Maybe I would add a 2nd, not sure. If you are not high on Fleury, then we can talk Juulsen. However, this changes the conversation. Juulsen showed solid top 4D potential before he got two pucks to his face in the same game and his season was derailed.

I like Huberdeau and he is an upgrade on Lehkonen but I think the gap between these two is not massive. Were talking about an above average top 6 LW for an above average middle 6 LW/RW here.

I'm not desperate for Huberdeau. If another team wants to trade a speedy young forward in Lehkonen and another significant young RD piece and other pieces, Let them. I pass.

The upgrade from Lehkonen to Huberdeau is massive, not minor.
Huberdeau had 27 goals last year, Lehkonen has a career high 28pts two years ago. (Yes I know hes on pace for 10 goals, 35pts this year). Huberdeau is doubling his stats/pace for this year. Huberdeau is no "average" top 6 winger. He's arguably a top 20-30 LW in the game.

That's like saying we offer Weegar + Vatrano + 3rd for Gallagher. Weegar is a #5 RD with #4 potential. Vatrano is on pace for 25 goals this year and the 3rd is a 3rd. Deal?

Last edited:

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not a huge Huberdeau fan, but I'd be pretty stoked if Columbus managed to get a controllable asset like that in the deal for Panarin and Bob.

Historically it doesn't happen, then again when has a top winger and 2 time Vezina winning goalie been offered at the same time before?

Reactions: Patagonia

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The upgrade from Huberdeau to Lehkonen is massive, not minor.
Huberdeau had 27 goals last year, Lehkonen has a career high 28pts two years ago. (Yes I know hes on pace for 10 goals, 35pts this year). Huberdeau is doubling his stats. Hunerdeau is no "average" top 6 winger. He's arguably a top 20-30 LW in the game.

That's like saying we offer Weegar + Vatrano + 3rd for Gallagher. Weegar is a #5 RD with #4 potential. Vatrano is on pace for 25 goals this year and the 3rd is a 3rd. Deal?

No, it's not like saying that Weegar/Vatrano/3rd for Gallagher.
- Lehkonen > Weegar
- Juulsen = Vatrano

You are overvaluing Huberdeau and undervaluing Lehkonen. Huberdeau is soft but has more offensive ability. Lehkonen is not soft and does a lot out there that don't show up on the score sheet and he is still young and improving. Lehkonen is a huge part of the Habs top 9. He has very good speed and causes turnovers. His offensive ability is there and he is just not scoring on his chances but he is still only 23.

We disagree that the gap between Huberdeau and Lehonen is massive. Why? Cause you are looking at points only and ignoring everything else.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not a huge Huberdeau fan, but I'd be pretty stoked if Columbus managed to get a controllable asset like that in the deal for Panarin and Bob.

Historically it doesn't happen, then again when has a top winger and 2 time Vezina winning goalie been offered at the same time before?

As a Habs fan, I'd be interested in adding his offensive ability but the guy is soft man. There is a reason why the Panthers would trade him. I'm not desperate to acquire Huberdeau. His hits are low, he has more giveaways than takeaways, and he is a top 6 LW, not a sure shot top line LW.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Absolutely horrendous. Florida ADDS a first and the best player they get back is Zadorov? How do the offers keep getting worse?

AVs are fine keeping these players and looking elsewhere or wait for the fallout.

Rumoured deal is CBJ for pending UFAs: Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Good luck trying to extend these players with little cap space. Players and salaries would need to be moved for less than their worth.

:popcorn:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No, it's not like saying that Weegar/Vatrano/3rd for Gallagher.
- Lehkonen > Weegar
- Juulsen = Vatrano

You are overvaluing Huberdeau and undervaluing Lehkonen. Huberdeau is soft but has more offensive ability. Lehkonen is not soft and does a lot out there that don't show up on the score sheet and he is still young and improving. Lehkonen is a huge part of the Habs top 9. He has very good speed and causes turnovers. His offensive ability is there and he is just not scoring on his chances but he is still only 23.

We disagree that the gap between Huberdeau and Lehonen is massive. Why? Cause you are looking at points only and ignoring everything else.

Weegar = Juulsen

Vatrano = Lehkonen

How can you disagree here? Juulsen maybe has a higher ceiling but right now Weegar has shown more.

You realize Vatrano is on pace for 29g/46pts right? So call it 25g and 40pts as games tighten up and become more low scoring. That's better production than Lehkonen. Maybe Lehkonen is the better all around player but they have similar value.

Post it as your own trade thread then?

Lehkonen + Juulsen + 3rd for Huberdeau and see the reaction.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Weegar = Juulsen

Vatrano = Lehkonen

How can you disagree here? Juulsen maybe has a higher ceiling but right now Weegar has shown more.

You realize Vatrano is on pace for 29g/46pts right? So call it 25g and 40-40pts as games tighten up and become more low scoring. That's better production than Lehkonen. Maybe Lehkonen is the better all around player but they have similar value.

Post it as your own trade thread then?

Lehkonen + Juulsen + 3rd for Huberdeau and see the reaction.

Gallagher > Huberdeau

I know Weegar's game very well. I think Juulsen is better but we have to wait for him to play a full season. He was a solid top 4 RD for us right up until he got two pucks to his face in the same game.

I will admit I don't know much about Vatrano's game so I will not try to devalue him like some are with Lehkonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad