TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Only one is Panarin, who they SHOULD wait till July 1st for.

But, we need a goalie more than anything followed by a D. Panarin is a luxury for sure. But they would be beyond stupid to trade away Huberdeau for Panarin now.

The aim should be for them to play together on the powerplay.

Thank you Dave.

But Pagnotta is LMAO even more...

Reactions: Fro

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Meh every year, TSN has a 25 player tradebait board, ranging from pretty obvious to stars have to align almost perfectly for it to happen. Huberdeau is much closer to the latter.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
I have been wanting the wild to trade for him for years!!

Would you take staal and a 1st for him?

You can then flip staal for a 1st+

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
:FLA
-Dumping Reimer's contract
-Bobrovsky
-Panarin
*Both unsigned, Florida cannot speak to their people so they are taking a risk. There is a strong expectation they will re-sign.

:CBJ
-Huberdeau
-Brassard (Unsigned)
-Quick (NTC added to his deal)

:LAK
-2019 Conditional CBJ 2nd (Becomes a 1st if Columbus make the conference final with Quick winning 5 games or more)
-B or C prospect.
-2019 PIT 2nd (For taking Reimer)

I keep coming back to this that it works in theory...but I could see a bit more going to LAK to get a defenseman to FLA in it...CBJ don't have a 19 2nd, so that would have to be messed with, maybe the 2020 1st from CBJ and a prospect coming back instead of the conditional 2nd...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Bobrovsky has played on an inconsistent team and wants out.
Wrong. The CBJ have been very consistent the past 3 years and he doesnt want out he wants paid Price money and we basically told him before the season started we arent going to do that.

Bobrovsky has rarely made it to the playoffs and he has had great numbers with the blue jackets in many regular seasons despite that team not being a contender.
Bobrovsky is a good goalie on a bad team.
wrong. He has been there 3 times with us and was bad in every series. And as far as his regular seasons go he is very bipolar he used to go on stretches of greatness and then stretches where he doesnt appear to be a starting goalie. He used to have hammy issues that took him out of great runs and put him on losing streaks and would become a headxase about it. He changed his preseason routine though 2 years ago and his hammys have not been an issue since. But the cbj are FAR from bad. Have been in the running for top metro team 3 years running and have only lost to the cup winner in the playoffs.

Couldn’t they just keep Huberdeau and afford Bob+Panarin with decent cap to spare?
Bob wants 8x10.5 and Panarin will be looking like a very similar deal. So if they have 21mil not needing any other players they got him easy.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
When was the last time a young first line player on a good contract was traded at the TDL?

Huberdeau is not going anywhere, not before the season ends at least.

The only way Huberdeau would be traded is if FLA get better upfront (like signing Panarin). So Huberdeau might be traded to improve D.

That kind of trade doesn't happen at the TDL (or very rarely).

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
If they trade Huberdeau the NHL should step in and veto the trade. I have no idea how any Panthers fan could be on board with this.

The only time you trade young talent like Huberdeau is:

1. He requests trade and/or is a locker room cancer.
2. You are about to get cap killed by next contract. You can't fit him in.

THIS IS MADNESS. It would be some Mike Milbury level genius IQ asset management.

Reactions: CapSpace

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
When was the last time a young first line player on a good contract was traded at the TDL?

Huberdeau is not going anywhere, not before the season ends at least.

The only way Huberdeau would be traded is if FLA get better upfront (like signing Panarin). So Huberdeau might be traded to improve D.

That kind of trade doesn't happen at the TDL (or very rarely).

This is gonna sound like blasphemy but I would NOT touch that top 6 if Panarin signed. Put the 1st rounder and/or someone like Tippet up for the right price on draft day when teams may be more likely to spend big to win big. Obviously you don't do it unless you're getting a great player back but if you make the trade heat of the moment you might just pull off a coup and get someone really good if the trading GM has to make a choice quickly.

But all in all after Larsson/Hall the idea of trading a proven talent at wing in Huberdeau for help on defense just seems like a bad idea. I would wait for draft day for the reasons stated

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
This is gonna sound like blasphemy but I would NOT touch that top 6 if Panarin signed. Put the 1st rounder and/or someone like Tippet up for the right price on draft day when teams may be more likely to spend big to win big. Obviously you don't do it unless you're getting a great player back but if you make the trade heat of the moment you might just pull off a coup and get someone really good if the trading GM has to make a choice quickly.

But all in all after Larsson/Hall the idea of trading a proven talent at wing in Huberdeau for help on defense just seems like a bad idea. I would wait for draft day for the reasons stated

I agree

And I wasn't saying it would be a great idea to trade him, but it would be the only way I could see him being traded (against a good proven D).

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Something has to be added to Pesce...

Idk. Pesce @ 4m for a few more years is pretty decent value. His shot driving ability is pretty elite.

Maybe something like Pesce for Huberdeau and Reimer? Makes it easier for Flordia to bring in Bob, and gets a 3.4m backup off the books.

Costs 2.63m to buy out Reimer, cap hit is .958, 3.2m, .65 and .65. Carolina isnt a cap team, but not sure if the owner is willing to pay out the cash.

They could look at it as essentially paying huberdeau 6.34m per year with a 5.9m cap hit.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
move other stuff you idiots!!! what is the point of adding new top 6 wingers if you keep getting rid of the old ones?!?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Btw why Panarin would even like to move to Florida? He said in the interview that he wanna play in Chicago or somewhere in a big market. Sunshine, Florida is maybe the smallest market in the NHL...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To Columbus
F Jack Roslovic
WPG 2019 1st
FLA 2019 1st
F Owen Tippett
F Kristian Vesalainen
G Laurent Brossoit

To WPG
F Jonathan Huberdeau
D Zac Werenski

To Florida
Rights to Artemi Panarin
Rights to Sergei Bobrovsky
D Jacob Trouba
We give up our two UFA own-rentals and ZACH ****ING WERENSKI and get Roslovic and a stack of lottery tickets? Not interested.

* * *​
Make it a 3way

Habs
Jonathan Huberdeau
Markus Nutivaara
Michael Matheson

CBJ
Andrew Shaw
Ryan Poehling
Habs 1st 2019
CBJ 2nd 2019
Florida 1st 2019
Derick Brassard
Henrik Borgström

FLA
Sergei Brobovski
Atermi Panarin
Noah Juulsen
Again, we are not adding to those two just to get a giant pile of maybes, nonroster plugs, and lottery tickets.

* * *​
:FLA
-Dumping Reimer's contract
-Bobrovsky
-Panarin
*Both unsigned, Florida cannot speak to their people so they are taking a risk. There is a strong expectation they will re-sign.

:CBJ
-Huberdeau
-Brassard (Unsigned)
-Quick (NTC added to his deal)

:LAK
-2019 Conditional CBJ 2nd (Becomes a 1st if Columbus make the conference final with Quick winning 5 games or more)
-B or C prospect.
-2019 PIT 2nd (For taking Reimer)

CBJ aren't going to let Florida talk to both of those players, because with Bobrovsky's no trade clause, the Blue Jackets could quickly lose control of the situation if both sides talk, don't strike a deal, and then Bobrovsky won't waive for anywhere else. Florida giving up Huberdeau, and Brassard is way less than full value for Panarin+Bob, so it becomes a calculated risk. They also give LAK a 2nd for taking on Reimer's contract.

A 2nd with potential to become a 1st and a prospect seems more than fair for Quick. LAK aren't getting a home run return on Quick because due to his contract structure and the potential for cap recapture, they are only going to want to deal him to a contender somewhere he wants to be. Assuming this is allowed, Jonathan Quick gets a no trade clause added into his deal as a function of being dealt to Columbus so that they can't just turn around and deal him anywhere a year or two down the line, leading to him retiring when he's making an average of 3M during the final years of his contract.

Columbus adds in Huberdeau as a long term cost controlled 1st line winger. They get Brassard as at least a rental to bolster their offense, and they replace Bobrovsky with Quick for the next few years. To do that, they downgrade down the stretch since Panarin/Bob is a better duo than Huberdeau/Quick, and they also give up a 2nd round pick+prospect.
We don't have our 2nd this year. Otherwise, heck yes.

* * *​

Thank you Dave.

Makes perfect sense to me.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
*humming, softly, to myself* Risto-lainen *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap* *somewhat audibly* Risto - lainen clap clap *clap clap clap* *chanting* RISTO-LAINEN CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

OH HEY, before you post a chart showing how Huberd'oh is good and Ristolainen is bad, please consider this: Do not do that.

Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad