TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would Florida be interested in Pesce and Kuokkanen for Huberdeau? That would give them an excellent defensive defenseman signed to a long term and inexpensive contract plus one of the Canes best prospects to backfill the winger position as he develops.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Gallagher > Huberdeau

I know Weegar's game very well. I think Juulsen is better but we have to wait for him to play a full season. He was a solid top 4 RD for us right up until he got two pucks to his face in the same game.

I will admit I don't know much about Vatrano's game so I will not try to devalue him like some are with Lehkonen.

As for your Gallagher vs Huberdeau, Huberdeau still gets the nod in my books even though I respect Gallaghers game a ton.

Were not devaluing Lehkonen, he simply just isnt there or remotely close in value to Huberdeau. A RD prospect with #4/5 potential and 3rd definitely dont close the cap.

Like I said, post your offer on the trade board if you're that confident.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As for your Gallagher vs Huberdeau, Huberdeau still gets the nod in my books even though I respect Gallaghers game a ton.

Were not devaluing Lehkonen, he simply just isnt there or remotely close in value to Huberdeau. A RD prospect with #4/5 potential and 3rd definitely dont close the cap.

Gallagher > Huberdeau. Huberdeau is another Patch type player. He relies on his line mates to produce the numbers he puts up. There is a reason why the Habs traded Patch and why the Panthers might trade Huberdeau.

Points potential: Huberdeau > Lehkonen

Grit, Speed, Overall Game, Youth and improving: Lehkonen > Huberdeau.

Edge to Huberdeau no doubt about it. But the gap is no where near as massive as you think it is. You are looking at points only and ignoring everything else.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

He also over rated Lehkonen for AVs-Girard and had a similar response.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He also over rated Lehkonen for AVs-Girard and had a similar response.

You make it sound like I said Girard = Lehkonen. Not what I said. Nice try. I'll make my point clear with you.

- Lehkonen's value with NHL GM's cause they look at overall game: 7/10

- Lehkonen's value with HF board posters who look at points only: 5/10

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No no, post your Huberdeau offer in your own trade thread and then post a poll of Huberdeau vs Gallagher. I'm curious to see the reactions.

Popularity on HF boards = 0 credit. Remember what people said Patch's value was? Or that Price has negative value? :biglaugh:

I showed you my reasons why I think the gap between Lehkonen and Huberdeau is not as massive as what most people think and I stand by it. I provided you actual facts in overall game production and I didn't look at points only.

All you are replying with is an opinion with no substance. Huberdeau is soft but has offensive ability Lehkonen don't have. But I am not going to devalue what Lehkonen brings to the table with his speed and attack game. The kid causes havoc down low cause he smothers the D with his speed and causes turnovers.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Ghost
Rubstov
Stolarz

for

Ekblad
Luongo
Not bad, especially with ghost being a local Coral Springs kid who used to play for the jr. Panthers, it would be incredible to have him. But I am a little hesitant to trade Ekblad, his defensive game has been greatly improved and he’s still one of the better goal scoring D out there.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
AVs are fine keeping these players and looking elsewhere or wait for the fallout.

Rumoured deal is CBJ for pending UFAs: Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Good luck trying to extend these players with little cap space. Players and salaries would need to be moved for less than their worth.

:popcorn:

Good luck for who? The Panthers? Without moving Huberdeau, the Panthers could have over $30 million in cap space, depending on what they do with Luongo, Reimer, and possibly Pysyk. With a probable cap of $83 million, they are already $24 million under.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Gallagher > Huberdeau. Huberdeau is another Patch type player. He relies on his line mates to produce the numbers he puts up. There is a reason why the Habs traded Patch and why the Panthers might trade Huberdeau.

Points potential: Huberdeau > Lehkonen

Grit, Speed, Overall Game, Youth and improving: Lehkonen > Huberdeau.

Edge to Huberdeau no doubt about it. But the gap is no where near as massive as you think it is. You are looking at points only and ignoring everything else.

:facepalm:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Popularity on HF boards = 0 credit. Remember what people said Patch's value was? Or that Price has negative value? :biglaugh:

I showed you my reasons why I think the gap between Lehkonen and Huberdeau is not as massive as what most people think and I stand by it. I provided you actual facts in overall game production and I didn't look at points only.

All you are replying with is an opinion with no substance. Huberdeau is soft but has offensive ability Lehkonen don't have. But I am not going to devalue what Lehkonen brings to the table with his speed and attack game. The kid causes havoc down low cause he smothers the D with his speed and causes turnovers.

Ok...I will.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You make it sound like I said Girard = Lehkonen. Not what I said. Nice try. I'll make my point clear with you.

- Lehkonen's value with NHL GM's cause they look at overall game: 7/10

- Lehkonen's value with HF board posters who look at points only: 5/10

Did you read some the proposals from other fans?

Fan posts over values their players, but they’re still far superior. Players such as Huberdeau and Girard are French, young and cost controlled players. Habs expect to pay a premium like Drouin.

Already showing top line potential vs. Lehkonen which is likely a 3rd line player. These players rarely become available.

So not only are you not even close in value, but ad. insult they’re not that good of a player. Keep your spare parts which will be easily topped.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did you read some the proposals from other fans?

Fan posts over values their players, but they’re still far superior. Players such as Huberdeau and Girard are French, young and cost controlled players. Habs expect to pay a premium like Drouin.

Already showing top line potential vs. Lehkonen which is likely a 3rd line player. These players rarely become available.

So not only are you not even close in value, but ad. insult they’re not that good of a player. Keep your spare parts which will be easily topped.

If other fans want to offer more and you feel they offer more, all the power to you. The offer is what it is. Personally, as a Habs fan, I'm not drolling over Huberdeau.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Come over to the thread I created and let's watch the debate go down.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Huberdeau isn't moving. As a Habs fan, I'd be interested in Hoffman... especially if FLA needs cap space and comes rather cheap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Come over to the thread I created and let's watch the debate go down.

I already know the results before I even make the trip over. Told you, I don't value popularity on HF boards. I make my own evaluations and I provided my material to back up the opinion I came to. That's all I can do and I'm backing up what I think with material.

People laughed on the Habs boards when I said we would fight for a wild card spot heading into the year. People called me ridiculous. You can make fun all you want, it don't result in facts. Popularity means nothing.

People laughed when I said Price is still a top 5 goalie in the world. People said he has negative value. Lets see if Bob has negative value after he signs his next contract. Same treatment was made towards Weber.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
AVs are fine keeping these players and looking elsewhere or wait for the fallout.

Rumoured deal is CBJ for pending UFAs: Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Good luck trying to extend these players with little cap space. Players and salaries would need to be moved for less than their worth.

:popcorn:
They better be, because that garbage pile isn't going to get you Huberdeau. Have you read the other offers in this thread? They blow your crappy offer out of the water.

Is $21 million "little cap space"? Is $24.5 million if they move Reimer "little cap space?" How about $29 million if Luongo retires? It's almost like you posted some trash offer despite having no idea what the other teams needs/cap situation/competing offers were. Good job.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I expected all 17 actually. Wow, this proves my point further. The gap between these two is not as massive as what most think. And I'm not saying Huberdeau = Lehkonen. If I was to evaluate overall game and complete hockey player breakdown... I see it this way...

Huberdeau (8.5/10)
Lehkonen (7/10)

Huberdeau gets the edge cause he is more offensively gifted. But Lehkonen's overall game don't get the credit he deserves.

The poll is Huberdeau vs Gallagher...

I'd be banned for life if we polled Huberdeau vs Lehkonen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad