TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The poll is Huberdeau vs Gallagher...

I'd be banned for life if we polled Huberdeau vs Lehkonen

I just noticed that and didn't know he was comparing Huberdeau to Gallagher. It could be 100% votes for Huberdeau and I still have my same opinion.

Popularity on HF boards = Zero Value. Show me your material to reinforce your opinion and engage in the debate. If you want to prove your opinion is true based on a popularity contest? I have no interest in this.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I just noticed that and didn't know he was comparing Huberdeau to Gallagher. It could be 100% votes for Huberdeau and I still have my same opinion.

Popularity on HF boards = Zero Value. Show me your material to reinforce your opinion and engage in the debate. If you want to prove your opinion is true based on a popularity contest? I have no interest in this.

I'll gladly debate you on Huberdeau vs Gallagher and will give Gallagher unbiased love. Hes a great player and has his pros over Huberdeau but it goes the other way too.

As for Huberdeau vs Lehknonen, there should be no debate

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
They better be, because that garbage pile isn't going to get you Huberdeau. Have you read the other offers in this thread? They blow your crappy offer out of the water.

Is $21 million "little cap space"? Is $24.5 million if they move Reimer "little cap space?" How about $29 million if Luongo retires? It's almost like you posted some trash offer despite having no idea what the other teams needs/cap situation/competing offers were. Good job.

So you actually think the CBJ rumoured offer of both UFAs: Panarin and Bob would be a better deal?

You also assume varying what if: Reimer traded, Luongo retiring etc etc etc.

I like the AVs deal much better that partially guts their youth with player contract certainty and cap relief.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
No real desire to read through all these posts to see if it's been brought up already, but is it a real thing that people believe this is possible? Throwing out proposals just for the hell of it; all good. But somebody added Huberdeau to a trade board and people actually believe there's smoke there somewhere. Might be possible but could be the other million times when someone has done this for click-bait and nothing more.

Probably just all of us jonesing for any trade news we can get, even if it incredibly implausible. There's only a 100% chance this will get worse in the next 13 days.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

If you are going to post awful opinions constantly can you at least stop using bold, underlined font?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
No real desire to read through all these posts to see if it's been brought up already, but is it a real thing that people believe this is possible? Throwing out proposals just for the hell of it; all good. But somebody added Huberdeau to a trade board and people actually believe there's smoke there somewhere. Might be possible but could be the other million times when someone has done this for click-bait and nothing more.

Probably just all of us jonesing for any trade news we can get, even if it incredibly implausible. There's only a 100% chance this will get worse in the next 13 days.

At least read post #1. Wyshynski states clearly that he believes it is legit:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Pysyk + Reimer = $6.1 million and with Hoffman (I'm not a fan of trading him but if it means Panarin long term then obviously yes) = $11.2 million. No way we trade Huberdeau for anything but a #2-3 RD.

Agreed. Florida doesn't need to move Huberdeau to make the Cap work. They only consider it if a team like Carolina comes and offers a long-term piece like Brett Pesce.

Florida could feel they would be better at the end of the day 1) moving Huberdeau + Reimer and adding Pesce + Bob + Panarin rather than 2) moving Hoffman + Pysyk + Reimer and adding picks + Bob + Panarin.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
So you actually think the CBJ rumoured offer of both UFAs: Panarin and Bob would be a better deal?

You also assume varying what if: Reimer traded, Luongo retiring etc etc etc.

I like the AVs deal much better that partially guts their youth with player contract certainty and cap relief.
That isn't the rumored offer. The rumor is that Huberdeau would be moved. Not necessarily to the Jackets. Not even necessarily this season. Fans of other teams have been floating Ghost, Trouba and Pesce for Huberdeau and Reimer and that is without the Panthers adding a first. Zadorov? Are you kidding? Jost is a good prospect. Andrighetto? Get real here.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Agreed. Florida doesn't need to move Huberdeau to make the Cap work. They only consider it if a team like Carolina comes and offers a long-term piece like Brett Pesce.

Florida could feel they would be better at the end of the day 1) moving Huberdeau + Reimer and adding Pesce + Bob + Panarin rather than 2) moving Hoffman + Pysyk + Reimer and adding picks + Bob + Panarin.

Exactly, CAR and FLA would make awesome trading partners. Even without Huberdeau going, feel we could offer other offense loaded deals for Pesce. Would Hoffman + Heponiemi + Reimer be of interest for Pesce + small add (mid pick/mid level prospect).

Feel Hoffman is worth a mid to late 1st + prospect
Heponiemi is worth a late 1st due to progression
Reimer is a cap dump, maybe a 3rd/4th round pick if 400k retained

Pesce is worth a mid 1st + good prospect + 2nd/roster player or decent roster player + good prospect + cap dump?

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Good luck for who? The Panthers? Without moving Huberdeau, the Panthers could have over $30 million in cap space, depending on what they do with Luongo, Reimer, and possibly Pysyk. With a probable cap of $83 million, they are already $24 million under.

I’ll just post this again. The Panthers aren’t strapped for cap space. They are already at $24.5 million under, with a projected cap of $83 million next year. They COULD get under the cap by $34 million (Lou LTIR, Pysyk traded, Reimer traded/bought out), but we will probably see either Lou or Reimer gone, which will result in $27-29+ million cap space.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Exactly, CAR and FLA would make awesome trading partners. Even without Huberdeau going, feel we could offer other offense loaded deals for Pesce. Would Hoffman + Heponiemi + Reimer be of interest for Pesce + small add (mid pick/mid level prospect).

Pesce is worth a mid 1st + good prospect + 2nd/roster player

I think Pesce isn't likely to be moved for a "futures/package" deal. He's a legit top 2/top4 RHD signed on a great contract through 2024 and is only 24 years old.

Hoffman is a UFA in just over a year. Heponiemi is a good prospect. Riemer is a cap dump. Can't see the Canes moving Pesce for a deal like that at all.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Pesce is worth a mid 1st + good prospect + 2nd/roster player or decent roster player + good prospect + cap dump?

I'd love to move a Canes package for Huberdeau rather than one quality piece as well.

Hamilton or Faulk may be available for a package. Hoffman's age and contract are more compatible to those two. Pesce only moves in a quality deal for a long-term piece IMO. For Florida that would be Huberdeau or Trocheck.

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
Howzabout Huberdeau for Josh Manson with small adds either way to balance it out.

I’m no Ducks fan, but they seem to have a need for a young left shot forward on a good deal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Pesce isn't likely to be moved for a "futures/package" deal. He's a legit top 2/top4 RHD signed on a great contract through 2024 and is only 24 years old.

Hoffman is a UFA in just over a year. Heponiemi is a good prospect. Riemer is a cap dump. Can't see the Canes moving Pesce for a deal like that at all.

You don't think you could re-sign the Hoff? 6 year deal in the $7 to 7.5 million dollar range?
I'd call him a #3 then by your assessment? Feel that's close to what Huberdeau's value is.
Hepo is a great prospect, he should be rookie of the year in Liiga this year, nearly a ppg pace.

So our 2019 1st is of no use for ya? Basically Huberdeau + Reimer or no deal?

I'd love to move a Canes package for Huberdeau rather than one quality piece as well.

Hamilton or Faulk may be available for a package. Hoffman's age and contract are more compatible to those two. Pesce only moves in a quality deal for a long-term piece IMO.

I can understand that. You need the goals/points now, not in 1-2 years.
FLA should not be accepting a futures based deal as well for Huberdeau and I think you can respect that.
Sounds like Huberdeau + Reimer for Pesce may make some sense if FLA can lure Bob/Panarin in free agency.

Howzabout Huberdeau for Josh Manson with small adds either way to balance it out.

I’m no Ducks fan, but they seem to have a need for a young left shot forward on a good deal.

I'd prefer to offer a futures based deal for Manson, our 2019 1st + prospect/roster player for him.
What add did you have in mind? Gibson? :sarcasm:

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
At least read post #1. Wyshynski states clearly that he believes it is legit:

Got that part. I was going for why anyone would consider this legit, when it makes almost no logical sense. I get that is never a pre-requisite for throwing a rumor at the wall and hope it sticks but just thought somebody could do better at this point. Should know better; logic has so little to do with it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You don't think you could re-sign the Hoff? 6 year deal in the $7 to 7.5 million dollar range?
I'd call him a #3 then by your assessment? Feel that's close to what Huberdeau's value is.

Maybe, maybe not. UFAs these days seem to want to test the waters of UFA (and can't blame them). Other than overpaying Hoffmann, what reason would he have to stay in Carolina? Don't think the Canes would take that risk for a guy like Pesce who is already signed and at a good price.

Hepo is a great prospect, he should be rookie of the year in Liiga this year, nearly a ppg pace.

No disagreement, but he's a prospect and if the Canes were to move Pesce, I think they'd want a legit, top 6 forward with term.

So our 2019 1st is of no use for ya? Basically Huberdeau + Reimer or no deal?

Not for Pesce. I'm not sure the Canes have any interest in Reimer either, but I'm guessing you are trying to balance value in your view.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I would ship out Huberdeau to the Canes for one of their defensemen mentioned in this thread.

Of course dependent on landing the Cbus duo.

That would be a plus offensively while improving the top 4 by quite a bit.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
No, it's not like saying that Weegar/Vatrano/3rd for Gallagher.
- Lehkonen > Weegar
- Juulsen = Vatrano

You are overvaluing Huberdeau and undervaluing Lehkonen. Huberdeau is soft but has more offensive ability. Lehkonen is not soft and does a lot out there that don't show up on the score sheet and he is still young and improving. Lehkonen is a huge part of the Habs top 9. He has very good speed and causes turnovers. His offensive ability is there and he is just not scoring on his chances but he is still only 23.

We disagree that the gap between Huberdeau and Lehonen is massive. Why? Cause you are looking at points only and ignoring everything else.

Personally, I think that you are overvaluing Lehkonen....by a lot.

Reactions: Beezeral

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Personally, I think that you are overvaluing Lehkonen....by a lot.

He's a very solid middle 6 winger who can play both wings and he has very good speed causing turnovers. I think you are devaluing Lehkonen... by a lot. He is only 23 and he played an injury season last year. He has been one of the reason why our top 9 is much much better this year and he is going to get better.

His 5/5 production is not far off from Huberdeau. Adding Juulsen on top of Lehkonen is a decent offer. Panthers don't have to like it. The offer is the offer and I'm personally not going higher. If they can get more, go right ahead.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
From a completely unbiased fan,

1) The gap between Lehkonen and Huberdeau is huge.We're talking a jump from a 3rd liner to a first liner. They aren't even comparable.

2) I'd take Huberdeau over Gallagher, and I think it is a pretty easy decision.

This guy is out to lunch.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
He's a very solid middle 6 winger who can play both wings and he has very good speed causing turnovers. I think you are devaluing Lehkonen... by a lot. He is only 23 and he played an injury season last year. He has been one of the reason why our top 9 is much much better this year and he is going to get better.

His 5/5 play is not far off from Huberdeau. Adding Juulsen on top of Lehkonen is a decent offer. Panthers don't have to like it. The offer is the offer and I'm personally not going higher. If they can get more, go right ahead.

And why exactly are you comparing someone who you just called "a top 9 player" to Jonathan Huberdeau?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And why exactly are you comparing someone who you just called "a top 9 player" to Jonathan Huberdeau?

You misread and/or cherry picked one sentence. I said Middle 6 winger who can play both wings and I said he is a huge part of why our top 9 is much better this season. He can play 3rd or 2nd line. And don't misread me. I'm not saying Lehkonen = Huberdeau. I'm saying the gap is not as massive as what most people think. Lehkonen does a lot that don't show up on the score sheet.

You are a wings fan I'm assuming and will relate to this... AA vs Lehkonen. One year in difference and both are middle 6 winger talent and Lehkonen is on his development path. If you believe in AA, you should equally believe in Lehkonen at the same age points and what they bring to the table other than just points.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
As a Habs fan, I'd be interested in adding his offensive ability but the guy is soft man. There is a reason why the Panthers would trade him. I'm not desperate to acquire Huberdeau. His hits are low, he has more giveaways than takeaways, and he is a top 6 LW, not a sure shot top line LW.
Huberdeau is not soft. Not even close. He is a gritty forward. Your out to lunch.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Middle 6 winger who can play both wings. He can play 3rd or 2nd line. And don't misread me. I'm not saying Lehkonen = Huberdeau. I'm saying the gap is not as massive as what most people think. Lehkonen does a lot that don't show up on the score sheet.

You are a wings fan I'm assuming and will relate to this... AA vs Lehkonen. One year in difference and both are middle 6 winger talent and Lehkonen is on his development path. If you believe in AA, you should equally believe in Lehkonen at the same age points and what they bring to the table other than just points.

Huberdeau > AA

by a lot....I love Athanasiou but I'm not going to get carried away here. Huberdeau has flirted with a point per game pace over his last 170 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad