TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
The concept of a pending UFA doesn't seem to sink in with these Lumbus-tribals.

And the concept of Florida not being guaranteed, let alone the favorites - to win the services of both Bob & Panarin come this summers Free Agency race with actual big market teams involved, doesn't seem to be understood by Flordians.

we understand it just fine. We are pretty unified in saying that we'd rather take our chances on july 1st then give up a 70 point first line winger to guarantee it.

I agree with Beezeral(nice name) we have more to offer then a lot of the teams that will be able to go after them on July 1st.

-money, check.
-want to play together, check
-want to play with your good friend Dadanov, check
-lower taxes, check
-large Russian community, check

Anything I'm missing? Oh yeah, we also have great weather & beaches. But you know that already because you purchased a condo down here last year.

If Huberdeau is moved I believe it's for a top 4 Dman.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Canes could use Hubs of Hoffman....can take on lots of cap and have lots of futures.

What would it take?

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Canes could use Hubs of Hoffman....can take on lots of cap and have lots of futures.

What would it take?

Wouldn't hesitate in trading Hoffman since he would be up for renewal after next season. Is this too far off? Add a pick one way or other to balance.

To Carolina:
Hoffman
Matheson

To Florida:
Pesce

Last edited:

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
WHAT WOULD FLORIDA'S LINE FORMATIONS BE IF THEY GOT Panarin???

LINE 1

LINE 2

LINE 3

LINE 4

D - PARING 1

D - PARING 2

D- PARING 3

G1
G2

???

Hoffman traded if we add Panarin/bob. Buy out or send prospect or pick to have someone eat Reimer contract.

Panarin-Barkov-Dadanov(Russian line, yes barkov is half Russian)
Huberdeau-Trochek-Vatrano
Brassard-Borgstrom-Tippett
Lammikko-Sceviour-Sheahan

Yandle-Ekblad
Top 4 Dman trade-Pysyk
Matheson-McCoshen

Bob
Luongo

Maybe not completely like this but something similar. Definitely lose one of Dadanov/Hoffman if we add both Panarin/Bob and my money would be on Hoffman since Dads probably one of the reasons they come here if we sign them.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Do you think it’s legit? I think it is just smoke. I can’t imagine they would move him unless they are getting another player back that they like more. Who could that be that’s available?

Only one is Panarin, who they SHOULD wait till July 1st for.

But, we need a goalie more than anything followed by a D. Panarin is a luxury for sure. But they would be beyond stupid to trade away Huberdeau for Panarin now.

The aim should be for them to play together on the powerplay.

Thank you Dave.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
This would actually make sense if they trade Panarin in that situation... most of us dont want to do it.but losing him anyways and getting Hubs... makes it palatable.
Yeah no shit. A UFA has never even come close to fetching a player like Huberdeau no wonder it be "palatable".

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah no ****. A UFA has never even come close to fetching a player like Huberdeau no wonder it be "palatable".
If Panarin was traded for Hubs it wouldnt be for a UFA it would be for a player you are offering whatever it takes to keep him. They would treat it as a sign and trade.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Only one is Panarin, who they SHOULD wait till July 1st for.

But, we need a goalie more than anything followed by a D. Panarin is a luxury for sure. But they would be beyond stupid to trade away Huberdeau for Panarin now.

The aim should be for them to play together on the powerplay.

Thank you Dave.

Only way is if that’s what it’d take to move Reimer.

Love all the other crappy deals with other teams. It’d just be for those two.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
We are far from set at anything even on our top two lines. Let me tell you, I would take Huberdeau over Byron and Shaw.

As far as Huberdeau, a good player that has never reached his potential, whether it's been cause he is badly surrounded or it's because of him or the environment, it has never come together like it should. But I believe there's still things to do with him and a change of scenery could do wonders. He has skills, size, great attitude, etc...

But anyway it would be pretty stupid of Florida to trade him, unless it is part of something huge.
A 70 point winger on pace for about 80 this year. Win the Calder. How has he not reached his potential or put it all together? This is ridiculous post of the year

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
Huberdeau is really the guy they pick to ship out? Good lord. He would get a haul of a package, but he is exactly the kind of player you KEEP if you are contending.

Get rid of Ekblad.
Team that's biggest weakness is defense should trade their best young defenseman. Yeah that checks out

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I think you move Dadonov if you don't make the playoffs before Huberdeau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad